The shared houses are popular and perfect if you are a full-time student looking for a single room and an alternative to traditional halls of residence.
Most of the houses for single students are located within a short walking distance to Lanchester Hall which has a reception which is open from Monday to Saturday.
- Car parking is available and the sports hall and tennis courts are also situated nearby.
- No smoking is permitted within the shared houses.
Our accommodation is managed in accordance with Universities UK Code of Practice for University Managed Accommodation.
Fees (2019-20 academic session)
- Twin rooms (up to 25m2): £12.80 per day (£89.60 per week - fees per occupant)
- Very Small rooms (up to 9m2): £12.91 per day (£90.37 per week)
- Small rooms (up to 13m2): £14.27 per day (£99.89 per week)
- Medium rooms (up to 18m2): £15.74 per day (£110.18 per week)
- Large rooms (up to 25m2): £17.05 per day (£119.35 per week)
- Very large rooms (25+m2): £19.47 per day (£136.29 per week).
These rates are for 2019-20 and all rates are subject to change for 2020-21.
Each single bedroom within the shared houses is fully furnished with the following:
- single bed
- bedside cabinet
- desk and desk chair
- notice board
- study lamp
- wastepaper bin
- internet data point and wireless facilities
* washbasins are not available in all of the bedrooms.
There are a total of 186 rooms available between our shared houses.
The shared houses are self-catered residences and have kitchen facilities which are shared between the 5 to13 students who share each house. The larger houses have two kitchens.
The kitchens are equipped with the following:
- fridge freezer
- toaster and kettle
- crockery, cooking and eating utensils
Bathrooms are shared between the 5 to 13 students in each house; usually there is at least one shower and toilet on each floor of the house.
Heating and electricity
The heating is usually on from October to April.