The shared houses are popular and perfect if you are a full-time student looking for a single room and an alternative to traditional halls of residence.
Most of the houses for single students are located within a short walking distance to Lanchester Hall which has a reception which is open from Monday to Saturday.
- Car parking is available and the sports hall and tennis courts are also situated nearby.
- No smoking is permitted within the shared houses.
Our accommodation is managed in accordance with Universities UK Code of Practice for University Managed Accommodation.
Fees (2020-21 academic session)
- Twin rooms (up to 25m2): £13.08 per day (£91.56 per week - fees per occupant)
- Very Small rooms (up to 9m2): £13.19 per day (£92.33 per week)
- Small rooms (up to 13m2): £14.58 per day (£102.06 per week)
- Medium rooms (up to 18m2): £16.08 per day (£112.56 per week)
- Large rooms (up to 25m2): £17.42 per day (£121.94 per week)
- Very large rooms (25+m2): £19.89 per day (£139.23 per week).
These rates are for 2020-21 and all rates are subject to change for 2021-22.
Each single bedroom within the shared houses is fully furnished with the following:
- single bed
- bedside cabinet
- desk and desk chair
- notice board
- study lamp
- litter bin
- wireless internet facilities
There are a total of 110 rooms available between our shared houses.
The shared houses are self-catered residences and have kitchen facilities which are shared between the 5 to13 students who share each house. The larger houses have two kitchens.
The kitchens are equipped with the following:
- fridge freezer
- toaster and kettle
- crockery, cooking and eating utensils
Bathrooms are shared between the 5 to 13 students in each house; usually there is at least one shower and toilet on each floor of the house.
Heating and electricity
The heating is usually on from October to April.