- DatesMay 2016 - March 2017
- SponsorEFESO Consulting Limited
- PartnersCranfield University
Principle Investigator, Co-Investigator: Professor Richard Wilding (PI), OBE; Dr. Farooq Habib (Co-I)
This research aims to:
- highlight the chasm that exists between vision and successful implementation of supply chain strategies
- identify the key barriers to success, and also the key ‘get-rights’ that drive successful change
- ascertain the most challenging ‘get-rights’ related to leadership and change management
- characterise the leadership and behaviours needed to better steer and secure the successful change required in the strategic leverage of supply chain concepts.
- update the major findings of the previous ground breaking research conducted in 2009/2012.
For nearly 10 years, Cranfield Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management and EFESO Consulting have been regularly undertaking research on supply chain strategy and its integration into the board room. In the past, work has focused on the triggers and catalysts for supply chain strategy review and especially the challenges and barriers organisations face in exploiting and implementing their supply chain strategy.
Over the past year the team has undertaken an extensive survey of senior supply chain executives and to date over 200 responses have been received. The respondents are from a wide range of sectors and businesses with global representation.
One output from the research is a supply chain "next generation leadership and behaviour framework".