Dr. Farooq Habib is the Deputy Director of MSc in Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Farooq currently lectures on 3 modules including: Principles of Strategic Procurement, Negotiation and Contract Management, and Future for Digital Procurement.
Farooq holds or has held Visiting Faculty positions at business schools in Birkbeck College, University of London, University of Buckingham, and University of Bedfordshire in UK and Breda University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
Prior to these roles he held senior management positions for more than 15 years in export oriented organisations operating globally within the textiles, food and beverage sectors.
Dr. Farooq Habib has a PhD in Supply Chain Management (Cranfield University), FHEA (Cranfield University) and MSc in Research (Cranfield University). Farooq holds an MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Lancaster University). He has an MBA (Gold Medal) (LUMS) and graduated with honours as a Mechanical Engineer (UET).
Farooq's current academic interest is focused towards disruptions in global supply chains caused by geo-political events and pandemics. He is also focusing on impact of complex negotiation and commercial contract management on industrial relationships. His scholarly interests also include development and implementation of exit strategies in business relationships. He is also focusing on the influence of government policies on supplier development initiatives. Farooq’s academic interests are also directed towards the influence of Procurement 4.0 technologies on risk management practices.
Farooq's has recently conducted projects for Siemens plc, DFDS (Denmark), Knight Frank, EFESO Consulting, Marks and Spencer (Food Division), Greencore, Rexam Beverage Can Europe Ltd, Zoteye Auto (China), Boots Walgreen Alliance, Hatch Beverage Company Ltd (Canada) and Hepco Motion.
Farooq has written various academic papers, book chapters and project reports. He regularly engages in scholarly activities in the arena of logistics and supply chain management. Farooq is also a member of review boards of leading supply management journals.
Farooq has extensive industrial experience of working with Levi Strauss and Company, Marks and Spencer, Nestle, Unilever, Masternaut, and Travis Perkins. His unique role also included managing large complex projects globally with a particular focus on change management.
Articles In Journals
- Roscoe S, Skipworth H, Aktas E & Habib F (2020) Managing supply chain uncertainty arising from geopolitical disruptions: Evidence from the pharmaceutical industry and Brexit, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 40 (9) 1499-1529.
- Habib F, Bastl M, Karatzas A & Mena C (2020) Treat me well and I may leave you kindly: a configurational approach to a buyer's relationship exit strategy, Industrial Marketing Management, 84 (January) 237-250.
- Ali A, Bentley Y, Cao G & Habib F (2017) Green supply chain management - Food for thought?, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 20 (1) 22-38.
- Habib F, Bastl M & Pilbeam CJ (2015) Strategic responses to power dominance in buyer-supplier relationships: a weaker actor's perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 45 (1-2) 182-203.
- Habib F (2014) Time to Plan Exit, Procurement Leaders.
- Habib F, Bourlakis M, Aktas & E (2019) Exit Strategies for Buyers - A comparison of East vs West. In: 30th Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (03/05/2019-06/05/2019), Washington D.C., United States of America, Washington D.C., 3-6 May 2019.
- Roscoe S, Skipworth H, Aktas E & Habib F (2019) Supply chain risk management and the role of firm size: a longitudinal study of Brexit. In: 26th European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) Conference, Helsinki, 17-19 June 2019.
- Habib F, Mena C, Pilbeam C & Bastl M (2017) Buyer-supplier relationship termination - a social exchange theory perspective. In: 24th EurOMA Conference 2017, Edinburgh, 1-5 July 2017.
- Habib F, Pilbeam C, Mena C & Bastl M (2016) Exit management in buyer-supplier relationships: a transaction cost economics perspective. In: 23rd EurOMA Conference, 2016, Trondheim, 19-22 June 2016.
- Habib F, Pilbeam C, Mena C & Bastl M (2016) The art of disengagement: Exit strategies in manufacturing and service sector. In: 27th Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society, Orlando, FL, 6-9 May 2016.
- Habib F, Pilbeam CJ, Mena C & Bastl M (2014) How to leave your partner? - Exit strategies in buyer-supplier relationships. In: British Academy of Management Conference 2014 BAM2014*, Belfast, 9-11 September 2014.
- Habib F, Bastl M & Pilbeam C (2013) Options for the Weak Player to Counteract Power Dominance in Buyer Supplier Relationships. In: BAM 2013: British Academy of Management annual conference, Liverpool, 10 September 2013.
- Habib F, Bastl M & Pilbeam C (2013) Strategic responses to power dominance in buyer-supplier relationships: a weaker actor's perspective. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference, 2013, Liverpool, 10-12 September 2013.
- Habib F & Bastl M Pilbeam C (2013) Strategic responses to power dominance in buyer-supplier relationships: a weak actor's perspective. In: 20th EurOMA Conference, Dublin, 7-12 June 2013.
- Habib F & Bastl M (2012) Interplay Between Network Configurations and Network Governance Mechanisms. In: European Doctorial Association for Management and Business Administration, Soreze, 24 July 2012.
- Wilding R, Waller A, Habib F & Wheatley M (2018) Leadership Behaviours for Next Generation Supply Chains - Securing the success of strategic supply chain initiatives today and for tomorrow. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5960944
- Habib F (2016) How to Conduct a Systematic Literature Review - an Example from Supply Chain Management. In: Undertaking a Literature Review in Business and Management.