Contact Dr Farooq Habib
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/farooq-habib-phd-65281927?
Dr. Farooq Habib is the Deputy Director of MSc in Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Farooq currently lectures on Strategic Procurement, Industrial Negotiation and B2B Contract Management, Inventory and Operations Management, Lean Six Sigma and Supply Network Resilience.
Farooq holds or has held Visiting Faculty positions at business schools in Birkbeck College, University of London, University of Buckingham, and University of Bedfordshire. Prior to these roles he held senior management positions for more than 15 years in export oriented organisations operating globally within the textiles, food and beverage sectors.
Dr. Farooq Habib graduated with honours as a Mechanical Engineer (UET). He has an MBA (Gold Medal) (LUMS) and an MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Lancaster University). Farooq holds an MSc in Research (Cranfield University) and a PhD in Supply Chain Management (Cranfield University).
Farooq's current research is focused towards exit strategies in industrial relationships. He is also focusing on the implications of global regulations and technological advancements on sustainability and risk management in food and pharmaceutical cold chains.
Farooq's has recently conducted research projects for Siemens plc, DFDS (Denmark), Knight Frank, EFESO Consulting, Marks and Spencer (Food Division), Greencore, Rexam Beverage Can Europe Ltd, Severn Trent Water, Zoteye Auto (China), Boots Walgreen Alliance, Hatch Beverage Company Ltd (Canada) and Hepco Motion.
Farooq has written various academic papers, book chapters and project reports. He regularly engages in high-quality research, evidenced by publications in leading academic and practitioner journals and conferences in the arena of logistics and supply chain management. Farooq is a member of review boards of leading supply management journals. For research supervision, he welcomes students in areas aligned with his current research interests.
Farooq has extensive industrial experience of working with Levi Strauss and Company, Marks and Spencer, Nestle, Unilever, Masternaut, and Travis Perkins on new product development. His unique role also included managing large complex projects globally with a particular focus on strategic innovation.
Articles In Journals
- Ali A, Bentley Y, Cao G & Habib F (2017) Green supply chain management - Food for thought?, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 20 (1) 22-38.
- Habib F, Bastl M & Pilbeam CJ (2015) Strategic responses to power dominance in buyer-supplier relationships: a weaker actor's perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 45 (1-2) 182-203.
- Habib F (2014) Time to Plan Exit, Procurement Leaders.
- Habib F, Mena C, Pilbeam C & Bastl M (2017) Buyer-supplier relationship termination - a social exchange theory perspective. In: 24th EurOMA Conference 2017, Edinburgh, 1-5 July 2017.
- Habib F, Pilbeam C, Mena C & Bastl M (2016) Exit management in buyer-supplier relationships: a transaction cost economics perspective. In: 23rd EurOMA Conference, 2016, Trondheim, 19-22 June 2016.
- Habib F, Pilbeam C, Mena C & Bastl M (2016) The art of disengagement: Exit strategies in manufacturing and service sector. In: 27th Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society, Orlando, FL, 6-9 May 2016.
- Habib F, Pilbeam CJ, Mena C & Bastl M (2014) How to leave your partner? - Exit strategies in buyer-supplier relationships. In: British Academy of Management Conference 2014 BAM2014*, Belfast, 9-11 September 2014.
- Habib F, Bastl M & Pilbeam C (2013) Options for the Weak Player to Counteract Power Dominance in Buyer Supplier Relationships. In: BAM 2013: British Academy of Management annual conference, Liverpool, 10 September 2013.
- Habib F, Bastl M & Pilbeam C (2013) Strategic responses to power dominance in buyer-supplier relationships: a weaker actor's perspective. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference, 2013, Liverpool, 10-12 September 2013.
- Habib F & Bastl M Pilbeam C (2013) Strategic responses to power dominance in buyer-supplier relationships: a weak actor's perspective. In: 20th EurOMA Conference, Dublin, 7-12 June 2013.
- Habib F & Bastl M (2012) Interplay Between Network Configurations and Network Governance Mechanisms. In: European Doctorial Association for Management and Business Administration, Soreze, 24 July 2012.
- Wilding R, Waller A, Habib F & Wheatley M (2018) Leadership Behaviours for Next Generation Supply Chains - Securing the success of strategic supply chain initiatives today and for tomorrow. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5960944
- Habib F (2016) How to Conduct a Systematic Literature Review - an Example from Supply Chain Management. In: Undertaking a Literature Review in Business and Management.