Contact Dr Ioannis Koliousis
Dr Ioannis (Yannis) Koliousis has over 20 years of academic, entrepreneurial, and industrial experience in the fields of operations and supply chain management, transport management, shipping, transport planning, cargo and freight logistics, public transport, urban logistics, project appraisal and finance, transport policy and renewable energy. His consulting experience ranges from the operational to the strategic level and he has participated in different capacities in industry led projects as well as in cornerstone EU funded research projects, regularly advising senior leadership on these topics. He has participated and led over 20 EU wide research projects, funded indicatively from FP7, IEE, Horizon2020, TEN-T and INTERREG.
Prior to joining Cranfield School of Management, Yannis was Associate Head of the School of Strategy and Leadership in Coventry University Business School responsible for the Enterprise and Innovation portfolio, transforming the executive education portfolio.
Yannis has a BSc in Maritime Studies (University of Piraeus, GR), an MSc in Decision Sciences (Athens University of Economics and Business, GR), an MEng in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA) and a PhD in Business Strategy of Transport Companies and Regulation (University of Piraeus, GR), for which he was awarded the highly competitive Herakletous-II Fellowship (GR). He is a Senior Fellow of Advance UK (Higher Education Academy UK), a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK), a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Management (UK) and a Lead Expert for URBACT.
Yannis is an Associate Professor and Deputy Director Full-time MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. He is a member of the Centre for Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management where he is also the Director of Executive Education and Customised Programmes. He is interested in understanding what drives and sustains superior performance in modern supply chains and how companies set and implement their strategies, especially considering the opportunities of AI, Digital Disruptions and Platforms. In this context he also works closely with companies to build these skills including staff capability building.
He is currently a member of the CH304 Healthcare Organisation Management Panel of the British Standards Institute (BSI and a member of the ISO TC304/WG 5 "Healthcare quality management" where he focuses on Supply Chain Management efficiency and effectiveness.
Articles In Journals
- Al-Surmi A, Bashiri M & Koliousis I (2021) AI based decision making: combining strategies to improve operational performance, International Journal of Production Research, Available online 30 August 2021.
- Koliousis I, He Q, Wu Q & Sarpong D (2020) Using an integrated humanitarian supply chain ERP system to improve refugee flow management: a conceptual framework and validation, Production Planning and Control (Special Issue: Operational Improvement Programs for Humanitarian).
- Koliousis I, Papadimitriou S, Riza E, Stavroulakis P & Tsioumas V (2017) Strategy, policy, and the formulation of maritime cluster typologies, Marine Policy, 86 (December) 31-38.
- Koliousis I, Koliousis P & Papadimitirou S (2013) Estimating the impact of road transport deregulation in short sea shipping: experience from deregulation in the European Union, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 5 (4/5) 500-511.
- Koliousis I (2015) Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans: Concept, process, content & benefits.