Contact Dr Ioannis Koliousis
Dr Ioannis (Yannis) Koliousis has over 20 years of academic, entrepreneurial, and industrial experience in the fields of operations and supply chain management, transport management, shipping, transport planning, cargo and freight logistics, public transport, urban logistics, project appraisal and finance, transport policy and renewable energy. His consulting experience ranges from the operational to the strategic level and he has participated in different capacities in industry led projects as well as in cornerstone EU funded research projects, regularly advising senior leadership on these topics. He has participated and led over 20 EU wide research projects, funded indicatively from FP7, IEE, Horizon2020, TEN-T and INTERREG.
Prior to joining Cranfield School of Management, Yannis was Associate Head of the School of Strategy and Leadership in Coventry University Business School responsible for the Enterprise and Innovation portfolio, transforming the executive education portfolio.
Yannis has a BSc in Maritime Studies (University of Piraeus, GR), an MSc in Decision Sciences (Athens University of Economics and Business, GR), an MEng in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA) and a PhD in Business Strategy of Transport Companies and Regulation (University of Piraeus, GR), for which he was awarded the highly competitive Herakletous-II Fellowship (GR). He is a Senior Fellow of Advance UK (Higher Education Academy UK), a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK), a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Management (UK) and a Lead Expert for URBACT.
Yannis is Associate Professor and Director of the Executive MBA within the Centre for Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management where he is also the Director of Executive Education and Customised Programmes. He is interested in understanding what drives and sustains superior performance in modern supply chains and how companies set and implement their strategies, especially considering the opportunities of AI, Digital Disruptions and Platforms. In this context he also works closely with companies to build these skills including staff capability building.
He is currently a member of the CH304 Healthcare Organisation Management Panel of the British Standards Institute (BSI and a member of the ISO TC304/WG 5 "Healthcare quality management" where he focuses on Supply Chain Management efficiency and effectiveness.
Articles In Journals
- Al-Surmi A, Bashiri M & Koliousis I (2022) AI based decision making: combining strategies to improve operational performance, International Journal of Production Research, 60 (14) 4464-4486.
- Hasan R, Kamal MM, Daowd A, Eldabi T, Koliousis I & Papadopoulos T (2022) Critical analysis of the impact of big data analytics on supply chain operations, Production Planning and Control, Available online 16 May 2022.
- Koliousis Y, Wilding RD & Bernon M (2022) Prepare for the post-pandemic world, Logistics and Transport Focus, January 2022, 32-33.
- Osobajo OA, Koliousis I & McLaughlin H (2021) Making sense of maritime supply chain: A relationship marketing approach, Journal of Shipping and Trade, 6 (1).
- Stavroulakis PJ, Papadimitriou S, Tsioumas V, Koliousis IG, Riza E & Tsirikou F (2020) Exploratory spatial analysis of maritime clusters, Marine Policy, 120, Article No. 104125.
- Koliousis I (2020) A conceptual framework that monitors port facility access through integrated Port Community Systems and improves port and terminal security performance, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 12 (4).
- Kamal MM, Sivarajah U, Bigdeli AZ, Missi F & Koliousis Y (2020) Servitization implementation in the manufacturing organisations: Classification of strategies, definitions, benefits and challenges, International Journal of Information Management, 55, Article No. 102206.
- Stavroulakis PJ, Papadimitriou S, Tsioumas V, Koliousis IG, Riza E & Kontolatou EO (2020) Strategic competitiveness in maritime clusters, Case Studies on Transport Policy, 8 (2) 341-348.
- Koliousis I, He Q, Wu Q & Sarpong D (2020) Using an integrated humanitarian supply chain ERP system to improve refugee flow management: a conceptual framework and validation, Production Planning and Control, 33 (Special Issue: Operational Improvement Programs for Humanitarian).
- Koliousis I (2019) China's airline industry deregulation: Assessing the impact on the operational performance of dominant carriers, International Journal of Aviation Management, 4 (3) 182-198.
- Koliousis I, Cao D & Koliousis P (2019) European transport industry deregulation: An analytical investigation of the impact on incumbents’ managerial efficiency, 1988-2015, Management Research News, 42 (9) 1095-1115.
- Koliousis I, Papadimitriou S, Riza E, Stavroulakis J & Tsioumas V (2019) Strategic correlations for maritime clusters, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 120, 43-57.
- Koliousis IG, Papadimitriou S, Riza E, Stavroulakis PJ & Tsioumas V (2018) Scarcity theory and maritime clusters: From paradox to modelling, Marine Policy, 93, 40-46.
- Koliousis I, Papadimitriou S, Riza E, Stavroulakis P & Tsioumas V (2017) Strategy, policy, and the formulation of maritime cluster typologies, Marine Policy, 86 (December) 31-38.
- Koliousis I (2016) Assessing the impact of the latest deregulatory developments in the EU28 transport industry production: A critical review based on empirical data, Spoudai: Journal of Economics and Business, 66 (1/2) 3-21.
- Morrall A, Rainbird J, Katsoulakas T, Koliousis I & Varelas T (2016) e-Maritime for automating legacy shipping practices, Transportation Research Procedia, 14, 143-152.
- Tzannatos E, Papadimitriou S & Koliousis I (2015) A techno-economic analysis of oil vs. natural gas operation for Greek Island Ferries, International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, 9 (4) 272-281.
- Koliousis I, Koliousis P & Papadimitirou S (2013) Estimating the impact of road transport deregulation in short sea shipping: experience from deregulation in the European Union, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 5 (4/5) 500-511.
- Koliousis I (2015) Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans: Concept, process, content & benefits.