Andrew is a Reader (Associate Professor) in Economics, specialising in managerial economics and economic strategy.
Andrew graduated from Cranfield University with a BSc (Hons) Environmental Management 1996, then obtained an MPhil and PhD in Land Economy from the University of Cambridge in 2001 and 2005 respectively. Andrew joined Cranfield in 2004 working in the School of Applied Sciences in the area of natural resource and environmental economics and moved to the School of Management in 2012.
Andrew is currently the Full-time MBA Director and is part of the Economics group ranked Number 1 in the world by the FT for the teaching of economics on MBA programmes in 2017. Andrew has held a number of other posts at the University, such as course director of the MSc in Management and Corporate Sustainability (2014-17) and the MSc in Economics for Natural Resource and Environmental Management (2009-12). He was also an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Exeter (2011-14), for his contribution to work on the spillover effects of small-scale energy generation projects.
Andrew has worked for the UK Government investigating potential mechanisms for lowering the economic burden of environmental regulation. His other research has focused on investment trends in clean technologies and the economic impacts of commodity price cycles.
Articles In Journals
- Ioannou A, Angus A & Brennan F (2020) Stochastic financial appraisal of offshore wind farms, Renewable Energy, 145 (January) 1176-1191.
- Aljarallah RA & Angus A (2020) Dilemma of natural resource abundance: a case study of Kuwait, SAGE Open, 10 (1) 1-24.
- Taylor C, Gallagher E, Pollard S, Rocks S, Smith H, Leinster P & Angus A (2019) Environmental regulation in transition: Policy officials’ views of regulatory instruments and their mapping to environmental risks, Science of the Total Environment, 646 (January) 811-820. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.6834455
- Al-Jarallah R & Angus AJ (2019) The economic, political and social dimension of resource abundance: a theoretical and empirical perspective, International Journal of Business and Management Studies, 7 (2) 203-220.
- Ioannou I, Angus, A & Brennan F (2019) Informing parametric risk control policies for operational uncertainties of offshore wind energy assets, Ocean Engineering, 177 (April) 1-11.
- Ioannou a, Fuzuli G, Brennan F, Yudha S & Angus A. (2019) Multi-stage stochastic optimization framework for power generation system planning integrating hybrid uncertainty modelling, Energy Economics, 80 (May) 760-776.
- Ioannou A, Angus A & Brennan F (2018) Effect of electricity market price uncertainty modelling on the profitability assessment of offshore wind energy through an integrated lifecycle techno-economic model, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1102 Article No. 012027.
- Ioannou A, Angus A & Brennan F (2018) A lifecycle techno-economic model of offshore wind energy for different entry and exit instances, Applied Energy, 221 (July) 406-424.
- Ioannou A, Angus A & Brennan F (2018) Parametric CAPEX, OPEX, and LCOE expressions for offshore wind farms based on global deployment parameters, Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning and Policy, 13 (5) 281-290.
- Ioannou A, Angus A & Brennan F (2017) Risk-based methods for sustainable energy system planning: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 74 (July) 602-615.
- Rivas Casado M, Serafini J, Glen J & Angus A (2017) Monetising the impacts of waste incinerators sited on brownfield land using the hedonic pricing method, Waste Management, 61 (March) 608-616.
- Ioannou A, Angus A & Brennan F (2017) Stochastic Prediction of Offshore Wind Farm LCOE through an Integrated Cost Model, Energy Procedia, 107 383-389.
- Taylor CM, Pollard SJT, Rocks SA & Angus AJ (2015) Better by design: Business preferences for environmental regulatory reform, Science of the Total Environment, 512-513 287-295.
- Parsons DJ, Angus A, Brawn M & Morris J (2014) A decision support tool for public rights of way officers based on the analytic hierarchy process, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 65 (9) 1387-1395.
- Kriechbaumer T, Angus A, Parsons DJ & Rivas Casado M (2014) An improved wavelet-ARIMA approach for forecasting metal prices, Resources Policy, 39 (March) 32-41.
- Dewberry E, Cook M, Angus A, Gottberg A & Longhurst P (2013) Critical reflections on designing product service systems, The Design Journal, 16 (4) 408-430.
- Taylor CM, Pollard SJ, Angus AJ & Rocks SA (2013) Better by design: rethinking interventions for better environmental regulation, Science of the Total Environment, 447 488-499.
- Cook M, Gottberg A, Angus A & Longhurst P (2012) Receptivity to the production of product service systems in the UK construction and manufacturing sectors: A comparative analysis, Journal of Cleaner Production, 32 (September) 61-70.
- Angus A, Rivas Casado M & Fitzsimons D (2012) Exploring the usefulness of a simple linear regression model for understanding price movements of selected recycled materials in the UK, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 60 10-19.
- Taylor C, Pollard S, Rocks S & Angus A (2012) Selecting Policy Instruments for Better Environmental Regulation: A Critique and Future Research Agenda, Environmental Policy and Governance, 22 (4) 268-292.
- Dolan T, Cook MB & Angus AJ (2011) Financial appraisal of wet mesophilic AD technology as a renewable energy and waste management technology., Science of the Total Environment, 409 (13) 2460-2466.
- Schiller F, Angus A, Billington S, Herben M, Raffield T, Young PJ, Longhurst PJ & Pollard SJT (2010) Hidden flows and waste processing - an analysis of illustrative futures, Environmental Technology, 31 (14) 1507-1516.
- Angus A, Burgess PJ, Morris J & Lingard J (2009) Agriculture and land use: Demand for and supply of agricultural commodities, characteristics of the farming and food industries, and implications for land use in the UK, Land Use Policy, 26 (December) S230-S242.
- Colombo S, Angus A, Morris J, Parsons DJ, Brawn M, Stacey KF & Hanley N (2009) A comparison of citizen and "expert" preferences using an attribute-based approach to choice, Ecological Economics, 68 (11) 2834-2841.
- Morris J, Colombo S, Angus A, Stacey KF, Parsons DJ, Brawn M & Hanley N (2009) The Value of Public Rights of Way: A Choice Experiment in Bedfordshire, England, Landscape and Urban Planning, 93 (1) 83-91.
- Angus AJ, Hodge ID & Sutton MA (2006) Ammonia abatement strategies in livestock production: A case study of a poultry installation, Agricultural Systems, 89 (1) 204-222.
- Theobald MR, Dragosits U, Place CJ, Smith JU, Sozanska M, Brown L, Scholefield D, Del Prado A, Webb J, Whitehead PG, Angus A, Hodge ID, Fowler D & Sutton MA (2004) Modelling nitrogen fluxes at the landscape scale, Water, Air, and Soil Pollution: Focus, 4 (6) 135-142.
- Angus AJ, Hodge ID, McNally S & Sutton MA (2003) The setting of standards for agricultural nitrogen emissions: a case study of the Delphi technique, Journal of Environmental Management, 69 (4) 323-337.
- Bolourian S, Alinaghian l & Angus A (2020) The Impact of Board Corporate Social Responsibility Committees on Corporate Social Responsibility Performance: An empirical investigation (Forthcoming). In: 20th Annual Conference of European Academy of Management, Dublin, Ireland, 4-6 December 2020.
- Ioannou A, Vaienti C, Angus A. & Brennan F (2017) A cluster analysis of investment strategies in the offshore wind energy market. In: 6th International Conference on Clean Electrical Power: Renewable Energy Resources Impact, (ICCEP 2017), Santa Margherita Ligure, 27-29 June 2017.
- Morris J, Colombo S, Angus AJ, Stacey KF, Parsons DJ, Brawn M & Hanley N (2008) Eliciting public preferences for managing the public rights of way. In: XIIth Congress of the European Association of Agricultural Economists, 26 August 2008.
- Cook M, Angus A, Gottberg A, Smith & Longhurst P J (2007) Promoting sustainable resource use through product service systems.. In: CIWM Conference, Waste: A Global Resource, Paignton, Torbay, 12 June 2007.