Organizational Resilience (OR) is the ability of an organization to anticipate, prepare for, respond and adapt to incremental change and sudden disruptions in order to survive and prosper. Develop a new approach to Organizational Resilience and improved leadership with Cranfield School of Management and BSI, the business improvement company.
At a glance
- 18 - 19 Mar 2020
- Duration2 days
- LocationCranfield campus
Cost£2,950 + VAT – book your seat now, and get a second place half price
|Programme||18-19 March 2020|
What you will learn
- Understand the evolution of Organizational Resilience thinking and its relevance to your organization
- Review your leadership practices and develop the mind-set to achieve the resilience in a competitive environment
- Learn how to use and apply the Strategic Tension Quadrant to determine strategic choices
- Review how the dynamic and inherent tensions within your organization empower or hinder change
- Utilize 4Sight methodology to unlock potential change
- Take away leading edge tools and techniques that greatly enhance your strategic understanding of Organizational Resilience
- How to build and strengthen the overall resilience of your organization
- Map, analyse and assess the current strategic tensions in your organization using the Strategic Tension Assessment Tool
- Discover the most appropriate approach to building and developing Organizational Resilience within your organization
- How to explain, encourage and communicate strategic thinking initiatives to colleagues and stakeholders, to bring teams together
We will work with leaders to examine their individual organizations current strategic behaviour, to assess against the latest research and to identify opportunities, strengths and challenges that require changes in behaviour within their organization.
- What is Organizational Resilience and why is it important to Leadership?
- Exploring the latest Strategic Tension Assessment Quadrant framework
- Reviewing your organization’s current perceptions of performance
- Identifying where to focus attention through personal and peer review
The second day examines the potential future positions of the participant’s organizations and how to lead as organizations evolve.
- What does your organization’s future resilience profile need to be?
- What does this mean for your organization?
- What leadership mind set is required to develop Organizational Resilience in an organization?
- Reviewing the changes necessary and the leadership actions needed to fulfill these
- Action planning and next steps through personal and peer review
Post workshop support
To ensure you deliver your action plan, your experts will continue to engage with the senior team through:
- 4 week Progress Review workshop via WebEx to help you overcome any initial blockers
- 12 week Progress Review (also via WebEx) - to track progress and ensure you are working through the issues effectively
Who should attend
- Senior executives, directors and those in senior leadership positions that have the need to respond to new challenges and opportunities as they emerge.
- Participants are already good at what they do, they lead teams, they influence the culture and they get results.
This programme enables them to understand and further enhance their impact on the future direction of their organization to grow, survive and prosper.
BSI the business improvement company has a heritage of developing, training and certifying organizations against internationally recognized standards of best practice and is recognized as a global thought leader in Organizational Resilience. As the National Standards Body for the UK, BSI is uniquely positioned to draw on the very best practices and processes to assist organizations to become resilient.
Concessions25% discount for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University