Finance Fundamentals equips managers who have financial responsibilities with the key concepts and abilities required to manage finances at an SME level. The programme delivers an understanding of the key drivers of business value, how management decisions affect financial decisions and how to measure and impact business improvement.
Programme information – Live online
- 31 Jan 2022
- Duration1 day
- LocationLive online
- Cost£660 + VAT
What you will learn
The programme is a one-day short course that covers the main aspects of finance management, such as financial decision-making, cash-flow, working capital, balance sheets, competitor accounts, marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decision.
- Elements of financial decision-making
- How business works - business cash-flow, step-by-step
- Cash flow management
- Working capital and overtrading
- How financial decisions affect the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Management information - choosing and using KPIs
- Using a few key ratios to analyse your own and/or competitor accounts
- Break-even and margin of safety
- Marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decisions.
Who should attend
Managers in growing businesses who have responsibilities related to the financial aspects of the business.
Accommodation is not included as this is only a one-day programme, however lunch and all refreshments are.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University