Professor Michael Bourlakis
Director of the Centre for Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Michael specialises in helping organisations to develop their thinking and capabilities around the areas of logistics and supply chain management.
- Sustainability in the supply chain
- Building innovative supply chains
- Technology and innovation in retail
- Supply chain management
- Marketing and supply chain management
- Food supply chains
Michael works with organisations to improve operations and management in these related areas, with particular expertise in food, retail and sustainable supply chains, as well as the interface between marketing and supply chain management.
As head of the Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management group, Michael has chaired and spoken at numerous leading logistics and supply chain management industry conferences worldwide. His expertise has seen him consult with the majority of the world’s leading retailers, as well as numerous multinational organisations.
- Member of the Academic Committee of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Member of the EPSRC Associate Peer Review College