Professor Emma Parry
Professor of Human Resource Management
Changing World of Work Organisational Resilience and Change Leadership
Emma specialises in working with commercial and Government organisations to improve how they anticipate and prepare for the changing world of work.
- The impact of emerging technologies on workforces
- Future skills and talent management
- Digital human resource management
- Organisational development and design
- Managing an age-diverse workforce
- Building organisations for future generations
- Generational diversity and changing age demographics
- The influence of national and international contexts
Emma works with clients to advise, design and oversee delivery of impactful, future-focused solutions in these areas, with particular expertise in workforce wellbeing and productivity, cross-cultural ways of working, and understanding operational environments across borders.
As head of the Changing World of Work group, Emma is regularly called upon to speak at key events as a leading expert in her field. She has worked extensively with the Ministry of Defence and the UK Home Office to transform people management in UK defence and security. Other organisations who have benefitted from her work include the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the US Society for Human Resource Management, and ex-service personnel support charity the Forces in Mind Trust.
- Fellow of the British Academy of Management
- Academic Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Honorary Fellow of the Institute for Employment Studies
- Visiting Fellow at Westminster Business School