Cranfield VentureDay is back! On Thursday 13 May we’ll be welcoming the many business founders, investors and supporters who make up the Cranfield venturing network.
As it currently stands, It is still undetermined whether this event will taking place on campus, online or as a combination of both. This decision will be made based on government and university guidance and we hope to make our final decision by January 2021.
Please return to this page for further updates.
Are you ready for the 2020s?
This year’s theme is Thriving in the 2020s: Implications for fast-growth businesses.
With the UK facing its biggest upheaval in half a century, there’s plenty to talk about. The Bettany Centre is hosting our usual panels of distinguished contributors to share their thoughts on the key topics of the coming decade:
- Challenges and opportunities for entrepreneurs: is your glass half-full or half-empty?
- Climate change and your business: what are the issues we already know, and those we have yet to address?
- Creating your sustainable DNA: what will fast-growth businesses need to thrive, not merely survive?
- Purpose across the Board: In a changing world, how will you align your personal purpose with that of the business? And what is the kind of wider impact, as well as return, that investors are increasingly expecting?
- Snakes and Ladders: How can you bounce back with an effective resilience strategy?
- We’re going on a Talent Hunt: With the UK almost at full employment, how will you recruit and retain the best and the brightest?
- Getting Social: As new media channels reach maturity, how should you best direct your time and money?
As ever, there’ll be hands-on finance sessions delivered by our sponsoring partners Smith & Williamson.
And we’re delighted to announce that this year’s Keynote Speaker is the distinguished diplomat, former McKinsey partner and Cranfield MBA, Kito de Boer, to give us the big picture on world events.
Join us if you can for a day at one of the UK’s most innovative and vibrant campuses!
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles)
For further travel details please visit our Location page.
If you would like to book accommodation whilst visiting the campus then we are pleased to offer en suite accommodation on the campus, which is within easy walking distance of lecture rooms and other facilities. To make an enquiry or booking, please contact the Cranfield Management Development Centre.
Included in the ticket
On the day
- Free onsite parking in short walking distance to the venue.
- Buffet lunch provided.
- Tea, coffee and refreshments provided throughout the day.
After the event
- Access to all talks via audio recording.