Butterfield is committed to the betterment of the natural environment and promoting the pursuit of higher education. The Butterfield Postgraduate Scholarship has an annual value of USD$25,000 and is tenable for up to four years. Read more Read less
Butterfield has introduced the scholarship to be awarded to one deserving student annually from Bermuda, Canada, the Cayman Islands, the UK, Guernsey or Switzerland who is pursuing a postgraduate degree in a field of study related to the protection and improvement if island environments.
At a glance
- Funding valueUSD$25,000 for up to 4 years
- Suitable for Applicants fromUK, Rest of World
- Deadline30 Mar 2018
- Funding provider(s)Butterfield Group
What it coversUSD$25,000 annually for up to 4 years towards the cost of study.
This funding opportunity is applicable to PhD courses at Cranfield University.
Who can apply1. Applicants must have an academic average of either of the following:
- 3.0 GPA or higher
3. Applicants must be enrolled in a field of study connected to the protection and conservation of environments.
4. Applicants must be a local resident of either Bermuda, Canada, UK, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Guernsey or Switzerland and provide proof of residency (e.g. letter from current school).
5. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance for a postgraduate degree from an accredited institution for enrolment on a full time basis.
How to apply
All applications must be accompanied by:
- up-to-date academic certificates/official transcripts, together with full details of grades attained in the various subjects from the current academic institution,
- written general submission which will include career intentions, details of involvement in and recognition of honours obtained in sports, civic and extra-curricular activities; and why considered qualified to be awarded the Scholarship,
- a letter of acceptance from an accredited institution,
- proof of residency, and
- a reference from a school counsellor, principal or college/ university professor attesting to the academic qualification of the candidate.
Responsibility for the submission of the required documents, on or before to the stated deadline below, rests entirely with each applicant. Butterfield will not follow up with applicants to obtain missing documentation. The closing date for applications is the last Friday in March each year.