Butterfield is committed to the betterment of the natural environment and promoting the pursuit of higher education. The Butterfield Postgraduate Scholarship has an annual value of USD$25,000 and is tenable for up to four years. Read more Read less
Butterfield has introduced the scholarship to be awarded to one deserving student annually from Bermuda, Canada, the Cayman Islands, the UK, Guernsey or Switzerland who is pursuing a postgraduate degree in a field of study related to the protection and improvement of island environments.
At a glance
- Funding valueUSD$25,000 for up to 4 years
- Suitable for Applicants fromUK, Rest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)Butterfield Group
What it coversUSD$25,000 annually for up to four years towards the cost of study.
Who can apply
- Applicants must have one of the following academic averages:
- 3.0 GPA or higher,
- 28 IB Points or higher,
- 4.5 in Federal Maturity exams,
- 120 UCAS points or higher,
- 80% or higher.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a field of study connected to the protection and conservation of environments.
- Applicants must be a local resident of either Bermuda, Canada, the UK, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Guernsey or Switzerland and provide proof of residency (e.g. letter from current school).
- Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance for a postgraduate degree from an accredited institution for enrolment on a full-time basis.
How to apply
All applications must be accompanied by:
- Up-to-date academic certificates/official transcripts, together with full details of grades attained in the various subjects from the current academic institution;
- A written general submission which should include career intentions, details of involvement in and recognition of honours obtained in sports, civic and extracurricular activities and why you feel you are qualified for the scholarship;
- A letter of acceptance from an accredited institution;
- Proof of residency; and
- A reference from a school counsellor, principal or college/university professor attesting to the academic qualification of the candidate.
Responsibility for the submission of the required documents, on or before the stated deadline below, rests entirely with each applicant. Butterfield will not follow up with applicants to obtain missing documentation. The closing date for applications is the last Friday in March each year.