At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus/Online
Pg Award: £3,000 (UK students)/ £3,250 (overseas students)
The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Concessions available
Course structureThis five-day course is delivered face-to-face with the option to attend sessions live online (supporting material is provided asynchronously).
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess the fundamental elements of finance and economic theory that are applied to analyse aviation markets.
- Critically analyse the economic and financial characteristics of airlines and airports and the sources of revenues and structure of costs.
- Calculate, analyse and benchmark airline and airport economic and financial performance (costs, financial ratios etc.).
- Critically examine the different sources of finance available in the air transport industry.
- Evaluate and apply different investment appraisal techniques.
- Demand and supply analysis
- Profit maximisation and cost minimisation in the competitive environment
- Market entry barriers in aviation
- Structure of airline and airport costs
- Airline pricing and revenue management
- Introduction to financial statements
- Financial ratios and airline and airport evaluation
- Source of finance and aircraft leasing
- Investment appraisals
- Economic regulation
Upgrade to a professional qualification
This course can be taken as a Postgraduate (Pg) Award. To receive a Pg Award, you will need to complete an assessment at the end of the course.
This course is also a module on the Air Transport Management MSc (Executive).
Who should attendThis course is suitable for professionals in the air transport industry or those who want to move into this industry.
Group discount. Where three delegates or more are booking from within one site or one organisation, a discount of 10% will apply to the invoice for the course tuition fee. Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.For further location and travel details
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.