Contact Dr Romano Pagliari
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754231
- Email: R.Pagliari@cranfield.ac.uk
- Twitter: @@ripagliari
Areas of expertise
- Aviation Management & Operations
- MA in Economic History from Edinburgh University (1991)
- MSc in Transport Studies from Cranfield University (1992)
- PhD in Management (airport slot allocation) from Cranfield University (1998)
- Teaching in airport economics and business development on MSc programmes.
- Research in airline and airport economics.
- Special interest in air transport in remoter regions and airport commercial and non-aeronautical business development
- Cranfield director of the annual Airport Commercial Revenues short-course.
- Managing and teaching on public and bespoke CPD programmes in air transport and airport management.
- European Commission
- Irish Government Department for the Gaeltacht and Rural Affairs
- Commission for Aviation Regulation Ireland
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- London Heathrow Airport
- Highlands & Islands Airports
Bespoke CPD short courses:
- Kenya Airports Authority
- London Heathrow Airport
- Schiphol Group
- Aeroports de Paris
- Vienna Airport
- Birmingham Airport
- Sulaymaniyah Airport (Iraq)
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport
- British Telecom
- British Airways
- SIMA Group
- Tallinn Airport.
Articles In Journals
- Uyan B, Ellis D & Pagliari R (2022) An assessment of Turkish Airlines: geographical location, fleet mix & international network, Transportation Research Procedia, 65 293-303.
- Waltert M, Wicki J, Jimenez E & Pagliari R (2021) Ratio-based design hour determination for airport passenger terminal facilities, Journal of Air Transport Management, 96 (September) Article No. 102125.
- Zuan H, Ellis D & Pagliari R (2021) Geopolitics and the ASEAN single aviation market: aspirations versus realities, Transportation Research Procedia, 59 95-104.
- Chaouk M, Pagliari R & Moxon R (2020) The impact of national macro-environment exogenous variables on airport efficiency, Journal of Air Transport Management, 82 (January) Article No. 101740.
- Aquilina-Spagnol C, Ellis D & Pagliari R (2020) Viewing the Middle East big three (MEB3) carriers as heterogeneous, Transportation Research Procedia, 51 323-332.
- Pagliari R & Graham A (2020) Airport competition within the Scottish lowlands region, Research in Transportation Economics, 79 (March) Article No. 100760.
- Pagliari R & Graham A (2019) An exploratory analysis of the effects of ownership change on airport competition, Transport Policy, 78 (June) 76-85.
- Chaouk M, Pagliari R & Miyoshi C (2019) A critical review of airport privatisation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Case study of Medina Airport, Case Studies on Transport Policy, 7 (2) 433-442.
- Anuar NK, Pagliari R & Moxon R (2017) An evaluation of airport wayfinding and signage on senior driver behaviour and safety of airport road access design, Journal of Air Transport Studies, 8 (1) 108-129.
- Zeigler P, Pagliari R, Suau-Sanchez P, Malighetti P & Redondi R (2017) Low-cost carrier entry at small European airports: low-cost carrier effects on network connectivity and self-transfer potential, Journal of Transport Geography, 60 (April) 68-79.
- Aurar NK, Rohafiz S, Pagliari R & Moxon R (2017) The impact of airport road wayfinding on senior driver behaviour, Journal of Technology and Operations Management, 12 (2) 54-62.
- Alharthy AH, Rashid H, Pagliari R & Khan F (2017) Identification of strategy implementation influencing factors and their effects on the performance, International Journal of Business and Social Science, 8 (1) 34-44.
- Li WK, Miyoshi C & Pagliari R. (2012) Dual-hub network connectivity: An analysis of all Nippon Airways' use of Tokyo's Haneda and Narita airports, Journal of Air Transport Management, 23 12-16.
- Voltes-Dorta A & Pagliari R (2012) The impact of recession on airports' cost efficiency, Transport Policy, 24 211-222.
- Francesco AD & Pagliari R (2012) The potential impact of removing public service obligation regulations on air fares between the Italian Mainland and the island of Sardinia, Journal of Transport Geography, 24 332-339.
- Bradley A, Pagliari R & Moxon R (2012) Determination of baggage build opportunity and unit loading device storage requirements within domestic and international airport baggage hall operations., Journal of Airport Management, 6 (4) 358-372.
- Merkert R, Odeck J, Brathen S & Pagliari R (2012) A review of different benchmarking methods in the context of regional airport, Transport Reviews, 32 (3) 379-395.
- Bradley A, Pagliari R & Moxon R (2012) Determination of baggage build opportunity and unit loading device storage requirements witihin domestic and international airport baggage hall operations, Journal of Airport Management, 6 (4) 358-372.
- Groppe M, Bui M & Pagliari R (2010) Applying functional analysis to study the airline pilot's perspective on human-human interactions during flight operation, Journal of Air Transport Studies, 1 (1) 62-81.
- Halpern N & Pagliari R (2008) Direct, Moderating and Mediating Effects of Market Orientation on the Performance of Airports in Europe's Peripheral Areas, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 24 (1) 47-61.
- Halpern N & Pagliari R (2007) Governance structures and the market orientation of airports in Europe's peripheral areas, Journal of Air Transport Management, 13 (6) 376-382.
- Pagliari Romano (2005) Developments in the supply of direct international air services from airports in Scotland., Journal of Air Transport Management, 11 (4) 249-257.
- Pagliari RI (2005) Developments in the Supply of Direct International Air Services from Airports in Scotland, Journal of Air Transport Management, 11 (4) 249-257.
- Williams G & Pagliari R (2004) A comparative analysis of the application and use of public service obligations in air transport within the EU, Transport Policy, 11 (1) 55-66.
- Lu CC & Pagliari RI (2004) Evaluationg the potential impact of alternative airport pricing approaches on social welfare., Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 40 (2) 1-17.
- Lu CC & Pagliari RI (2004) Evaluating the potential impact of alternative airport pricing approaches on social welfare, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 40 (1) 1-17.
- Pagliari Romano (2003) The impact of airline franchising on air service provision in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Journal of Transport Geography.
- Pagliari R (2001) Selling grandfather: an analysis of the latest EU proposals on slot trading, Air & Space Europe, 3 (1-2) 33-35.
- Anuar K, Pagliari R & Moxon R (2015) Airport road access design solutions: a conceptual study of wayfinding systems. In: 4th European Conference on Human Centered Design for Intelligent Transport Systems, 2014, Vienna, 5-6 June 2014.
- Groppe M, Pagliari R & Harris D (2010) Monitoring the airport-CDM turnround process: applying a qualitative cognitive model based on field observations. In: 27th congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS 2010), Nice, 19-24 September 2010.
- Pagliari RI (2008) Airport economic regulation and capital investment: lessons from the United Kingdom experience. In: Presentation of the yearly fact book - ICCSAI 2008: air transport in Europe, Rome, 29 May 2008.
- Lei Z & Pagliari R (2013) Airport traffic growth and airport financial performance. In: Liberalisation in aviation: competition, cooperation and public policy. Forsyth P, Gillen D, Huschelrath K, Niemeier H, Wolf H (ed.), Farnham: Ashgate, p. 287-298.
- Pagliari R (2010) Trends in air service development within the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 1983-2006. In: Air transport provision in remoter regions. Williams G, Brathen S (ed.), Farnham: Ashgate, p. 21-46.