Areas of expertise
- Aviation Management & Operations
BackgroundRobert joined Cranfield University as a Lecturer in Air Transport Management in October 2014. Before this he worked for nine years as Course Leader for Air Transport and Logistics Management at the University of Huddersfield. Robert studied for a degree in European Economics and Business Management in Vienna. He then completed an MSc in Air Transport Management at Cranfield University. He holds a postgraduate teaching qualification from the University of Huddersfield, and a PhD from Loughborough University. Robert previously worked for Austrian Airlines in the Customer Relations Department, where he dealt with customer complaints and administration, including the maintenance and development of a customer relations database. Robert is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (FCILT), an Associate Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (AMRAeS), and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).
Robert is the Course Director for the Executive MSc in Air Transport Management and the module leader for the airline economics, finance and strategy modules in the Centre for Air Transport Management. He also lectures on airport ground operations and air cargo. His research interests include airline marketing, strategy and economics as well as air cargo.
Furthermore, Robert is the Deputy Director of Education for the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing. In this role, he is involved in academic quality and innovation in the School.
Robert has taught on short courses and customised executive development courses for companies such as:
- Aéroports de Paris
- Incheon Airport
- Schiphol Group
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways Technical
- Turkish Airlines
- Vienna Airport
and research and consultancy work for
- Heathrow Airport
Articles In Journals
- Sezgen E, Mason K & Mayer R (2019) Voice of airline passenger: a text mining approach to understand customer satisfaction, Journal of Air Transport Management, 77 (June) 65-74.
- Mayer R (2016) Airport classification based on cargo characteristics, Journal of Transport Geography, 54 (June) 53-65.
- Mayer R, Ryley T & Gillingwater D (2015) Eco-positioning of airlines: Perception versus actual performance, Journal of Air Transport Management, 44-45 (May-June) 82-89.
- Mayer R, Ryley T & Gillingwater D (2014) The Role of Green Marketing: Insights from Three Airline Case Studies, Journal of Sustainable Mobility, 1 (2) 46-72.
- Mayer R, Ryley T & Gillingwater D (2012) Passenger perceptions of the green image associated with airlines, Journal of Transport Geography, 22 179-186.
- Mayer R (2018) Airline sustainability and corporate social responsibility. In: The Routledge Companion to Air Transport Management, Routledge, p. 277-296.
- Budd T & Mayer R (2017) Air cargo. In: The Routledge Handbook of Transport Economics, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK: Routledge, p. 385-403.
- Mayer R (2016) ICT for air freight management. In: E-Logistics: Managing Your Digital Supply Chains for Competitive Advantage, London: Kogan Page, p. 57-84.