This module will provide students with the opportunity to work as a team to address knowledge gaps in military or industrial EOE capability, by conducting scientifically rigorous analytical procedures and presenting clear results of a particular EOE project.
At a glance
- 24 Sep 2020
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
Course structureTaught and independent work with academic supervision.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- interrelate team member’s experience to address EOE capability gaps and challenges;
- execute sound project management principles;
- identify gaps in military and industrial EOE capability;
- develop EOE solutions through practical experimentation and effectively communicate results.
Students will have taught sessions on the following topics:
- introduction to the module (1 day), regular updates with supervisors and relevant stakeholders;
- how to develop and set-up experimental equipment for laboratory or fieldwork;
- conducting analytical procedures and present clear results of a particular EOE project;
- presenting clear project results in an oral manner to an open forum of experts;
- producing a written report.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.