For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Data Modelling, Storage and Management will lead the student through the different approaches to data modelling. The module will also consider the best practices for storage and retrieval of information and data using both traditional and innovative technologies.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit feeConcessions available
Course structureA mixture of lectures, lab-based practical studies and group sessions, all carefully designed to build the students understanding and knowledge through the course. There is 5 day residential element followed by seven weeks of self-directed learning.
What you will learn
Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Differentiate between data, information and knowledge in business contexts,
- Design suitable data models for efficient storage and retrieval,
- Compose appropriate queries to translate data into information,
- Appraise the applicability of non-traditional models for storage within an organisation.
- Relational databases,
- Database security,
- Streaming analytics,
- Semantic web,
- NoSQL Technologies.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Information Capability Management MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Those involved in the storage and management of data, in addition to those leveraging that data for business decisions.
- Dr Duncan Hodges,
- Guest lecturers.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.