For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
This course considers the role and legal responsibilities of expert witnesses. You will learn about civil and criminal procedure rules, excellence in report and statement writing, presentation of evidence in court, and preparation for cross-examination.
At a glance
- 26 - 30 Apr 2021
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
Course structureOne per year, classroom based.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- define the role and responsibilities of the expert witness,
- construct an effective expert witness report,
- develop the skills to present oral evidence in court effectively and respond successfully to cross-examination.
- role and legal responsibilities of the forensic expert,
- civil and criminal procedure rules,
- excellence in report and statement writing,
- presentation of evidence in court,
- preparation for cross-examination.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
This short course will be taught at Masters standard as it is one of the modules that comprise the postgraduate Forensic Modular Masters Programme. Registering for this accredited short course and successfully passing the associated assessment will gain you 10 Cranfield credits. These could then be used to apply for a transfer towards a PgCert/PgDip or MSc in the Forensic Programme should you wish to complete one of these courses within 5 years.
Who should attend
Individuals with an appropriate degree or experience who are interested in the role and legal responsibilities of the forensic expert, Civil and Criminal Procedure Rules, report and statement writing, presentation of evidence in court, and how to prepare for cross-examination.
The short courses are modules of the Forensic Modular Masters Programme, which is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences.
- Professor Peter Zioupos - Module Leader
Accommodation options and prices
Please contact us for information regarding accommodation.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.