This course considers the role and legal responsibilities of expert witnesses. You will learn about civil and criminal procedure rules, excellence in report and statement writing, presentation of evidence in court, and preparation for cross-examination.
At a glance
- 08 - 12 May 2023
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£1,925 Concessions available
Course structureOne per year, classroom based.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- define the role and responsibilities of the expert witness,
- construct an effective expert witness report,
- develop the skills to present oral evidence in court effectively and respond successfully to cross-examination.
- role and legal responsibilities of the forensic expert,
- civil and criminal procedure rules,
- excellence in report and statement writing,
- presentation of evidence in court,
- preparation for cross-examination.
Who should attend
Individuals with an appropriate degree or experience who are interested in the role and legal responsibilities of the forensic expert, Civil and Criminal Procedure Rules, report and statement writing, presentation of evidence in court, and how to prepare for cross-examination.
The course is a module of the Forensic Modular Masters Programme, which is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences.
- Professor Peter Zioupos - Module Leader
Sponsored by company - £1,925
Individual (anyone paying for themselves to attend) - £965
Alumni/Current Student - £485
Accommodation options and prices
Please contact us for information regarding accommodation.
Location and travel
Situated close to Milton Keynes and Bedford, the Cranfield campus is situated in Wharley End, very close to Cranfield village, and is about 10 minutes from the M1 motorway. There is rail and road access to most major airports as well as coach and train stations. Cranfield campus also has its own airport for private executive business travel.
Download a visitor guide including map, directions and health and safety information.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.