At a glance
- 28 Nov - 02 Dec 2022
- 03 - 07 Jul 2023
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
Short Course for Credit fee - £1,350
Standalone Short Course fee - £1,925Concessions available
Course structureA five-day course that is run twice a year. The course comprises lectures and group exercises and is supported by visiting lectures in the field of military airworthiness.
What you will learn
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the development of military airworthiness and its links to civilian airworthiness,
- Appreciate the key difference between the two approaches and the reasons.
- Understand the communication between the military and industry on the requirements and regulations for airworthiness.
- Aviation safety, airworthiness and flight safety,
- Air law and regulations,
- Safety management systems,
- Safety case and independent assessment,
- Competence in design and maintenance approval,
- Roles and responsibilities,
- Continuing airworthiness.
TimetableThis course runs twice a year.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
When taken as a Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Military Aerospace and Airworthiness MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for those requiring an understanding of military airworthiness. It is suitable for military and civilian personnel from within the defence industry, both the UK and internationally. It would be highly relevant UK Ministry of Defence Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations and Military Aviation Authority personnel and aircraft designers and aviation industries involved with the Ministry of Defence.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.