For managers in growing businesses who need some familiarity with finance, particularly for those who have had no formal financial training, this programme provides an introduction/refresher to the basic financial concepts that are required by every owner-manager. Read more Read less
This programme provides a user-friendly introduction to several fundamental financial concepts, which anyone who makes major business decisions really ought to understand.
At a glance
- 05 Sep 2017
- 09 Jan 2018
- 24 Apr 2018
- 04 Sep 2018
- Duration1 day
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£650 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||September 17 Programme
||January 18 Programme||April 18 Programme||September 18 Programme|
|1||5 September 2017
||9 January 2018||24 April 2018||4 September 2018|
What you will learn
- An understanding of the key drivers of business value and how to work with them
- Two basic principles for business success
- An understanding of the purpose and uses of business management information, including management accounts, cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- An insight into how your management decisions will affect your company's financial decisions
- An understanding of how to use financial information to drive and measure business improvement
- An understanding of the mechanics of cost structures and pricing decisions with options for improvement.
- Elements of financial decision-making
- How business works - business cash-flow, step-by-step
- Cash flow management
- Working capital and overtrading
- How financial decisions affect the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Management information - choosing and using KPIs
- Using a few key ratios to analyse your own and/or competitor accounts
- Break-even and margin of safety
- Marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decisions.
Who should attend
- Owners and/or Managers in growing businesses who need a practical introduction to finance. Very useful for those who have had no formal financial training.
Accommodation is not included as this is only a one-day programme, however lunch and all refreshments are.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University