Finance Fundamentals equips managers who have financial responsibilities with the key concepts and abilities required to manage finances at an SME level. The programme delivers an understanding of the key drivers of business value, how management decisions affect financial decisions and how to measure and impact business improvement.
Programme information – Face-to-face
- 08 Feb 2024
- Duration1 day
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£690 + VAT
Programme information – Live online
- Dates 11 September 2023 3 September 2024
- Duration1 day
- LocationLive online
- Cost£660 + VAT
What you will learn
The programme is a one-day short course that covers the main aspects of finance management, such as financial decision-making, cash-flow, working capital, balance sheets, competitor accounts, marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decision.
- Elements of financial decision-making
- How business works - business cash-flow, step-by-step
- Cash flow management
- Working capital and overtrading
- How financial decisions affect the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Management information - choosing and using KPIs
- Using a few key ratios to analyse your own and/or competitor accounts
- Break-even and margin of safety
- Marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decisions.
Who should attend
Managers in growing businesses who have responsibilities related to the financial aspects of the business.
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University