Our Learning Support Officers are here to help guide and support students with specific learning support needs or impairments. They will work with you to understand how your condition may affect your studies, discuss options available to you and co-ordinate reasonable adjustments to support you. Needs/conditions include; 

  • A sensory or mobility impairment
  • A long-term illness or physical or mental health condition
  • A specific learning differences (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or ADHD
  • A social or communication difficulty such as autism spectrum condition

Sharing your disability with us

We encourage you to let us know as soon as possible if you think that you will need extra support so that we can ensure that this is put in place for when you start your course. 

The reasonable adjustments will be recorded in a Student Support Plan which will be sent to staff on a ‘need-to-know’ basis but details of your condition will not be shared outside the Student Wellbeing and Disability Support team without your permission. Information you provide relating to your physical or mental health constitutes sensitive personal data. Please see our Confidentiality policy.

Current students

If you are a current student, you can notify the university of your condition on EVE, or email studentsupport@cranfield.ac.uk 

Prospective students

If you are thinking of coming to Cranfield and want to discuss your needs and how we can support you, please email to arrange an appointment studentsupport@cranfield.ac.uk


Our advisors offer students one-to-one consultations where we can discuss:

  • How your condition is affecting your studies 
  • What adjustments can be made to enable you to get the most out of your studies 
  • Special examination arrangements where applicable 
  • Liaisons with academic, accommodation and library staff, etc. to ensure support is put in place
  • Organise full diagnostic assessments
  • Advice on dyslexia and other Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs)
  • Advice on Disabled Student's Allowances (DSA) and other available funding
  • Dyslexia screening information
  • Cranfield's Dyslexia Policy and Student Disability Policy
  • Guidance on getting a diagnosis through NHS

To make an appointment, please email studentsupport@cranfield.ac.uk

How to access support?

To access support you will need to share your disability/learning support need.  This can be done by either:

  • logging into your EVE account and updating the disability section or
  • Contacting the Student Wellbeing and Disability Support team by email to arrange an appointment

The Learning Support Officer will then make contact to arrange an appointment to discuss the process.

  • Funding
  • Resources
  • Dyslexia and other specific learning differences (SpLD) Dyslexia 

What evidence of my condition is required?

Evidence is required to demonstrate how you meet the Equality Act (2010) definitions of a disability in order for the university to arrange reasonable adjustments to support your studies. If you have a specific learning difference, we will need a copy of your diagnostic assessment report. For other conditions we will need medical evidence which should contain a clear diagnosis which outlines the nature and severity of the illness and if possible, indicate how the condition is likely to impact your academic performance and studies.

Where possible, it is helpful to email the evidence in advance of your appointment to enable us to look at the types of reasonable adjustments we could provide. All evidence must be signed and dated by the professional, state your name and your medical condition/impairment. Any foreign language evidence must be translated into English by certified translation services.

If you are unsure of what to provide,  bring what documentation you have at the appointment and we can discuss which is relevant at that point.