Ready for Scale – A 12-week Growth Plan programme to enable the next phase of your growth
The Ready for Scale programme helps your small or medium business to take a leap on its growth trajectory and helps you to transform your business. Our 12-week Growth Plan process shows you how to critically review your business, asks challenging questions, and thoroughly interrogates what is and what isn’t working.
Whether you want to transform your company from a life-style business into a fast-growth business, you want to make sure you can survive the upcoming uncertainty of Covid-19 and leaving the EU at the end of 2020 or you want to take the opportunities available and grow your business to the next level, Ready for Scale will support you to achieve your goal.
We use the same Growth Plan process used in the highly successful Business Growth Programme, which in its thirty-year history has helped over 2,700 businesses to grow better. We will introduce you to the relevant business concepts and review your application of these concepts to your business. You will also be encouraged to engage with your fellow business owners on the programme, supporting each other to succeed.
As a result of this journey, you will be clearer about the vision for your company, the next steps you have to take to achieve it and how to grow your network of support, business advisors and contacts. Going through this proven process will get you the results faster than just working through the frameworks alone.
- 04 Feb - 29 Apr 2021
- Duration12 weeks
- Cost£1,250 (no VAT applicable). We also offer a referral programme.
Why do I need a 12-week Growth Plan Programme?
The proven Cranfield Growth Plan approach helps businesses to increase the chances of success by providing a framework to answer the following three key questions: 1) Where are you now? 2) Where are you going? 3) How do you get there?
Research shows that businesses with a detailed business plan are 33% more successful than businesses without a plan and that 66% of the fastest growing businesses in the UK have written business plans.
Writing a plan - which is updated regularly – also helps businesses to overcome being risk-adverse and removes blockers to growth due to uncertainty and fear about the future of the business.
With the uncertainty we are currently facing - not only because of Covid-19 and its impact on the economy, but also the unknowns associated with leaving the EU by the end of the year – a well-crafted Growth Plan will support you to navigate future challenges that you as a business owner may
A Growth Plan also helps you to communicate your vision and actions with others, for example, your staff, your customers, your banks and investors, and other stakeholders. It will demonstrate that you have done your homework in analysing the environment in which you are operating in, that you truly understand your customers and your target markets and that you are in control of your finances and how you can achieve your goals.
What will I get from the 12-week Growth Plan Programme?
- Cranfield will provide a friendly and safe environment and a proven framework to help you analyse your business and develop a 12-month Growth Plan.
- You will learn key concepts relevant to business growth and analyse your business through the lens of where and how to compete in the market and the industry in which your business operates.
- You will identify your customer and value proposition; and optimise your Business Model, by improving your operations strategy and employment processes.
- You will analyse your cash flow, identify the right sources of funding, and develop a comprehensive Growth Plan for your business.
- You will reflect on and discuss your business during the modules and capture your learning and observations to inform your decisions.
- You will prepare a 12-month Growth Plan; an action plan of how you will grow your business.
- You will have the opportunity to pitch to an expert panel and get personalised feedback in a friendly and safe environment.
- Cranfield will provide written feedback for each of your six submissions, as well as personalised feedback after every two modules.
What does the 12-week Growth Plan Programme look like?
This online programme consists of the following components and the key dates are shown below.
The main programme
The main programme consists of two synchronous half-day online workshop and six asynchronous online modules.
Day 1 workshop
The aim for the workshop is to get familiar with your fellow participants, the programme structure and our programme team. We will contextualise the current challenges from Covid-19 and the upcoming separation from the EU.
Six asynchronous online modules
- Each module helps you to analyse your business through different lenses in your own time. You can go through the content in your own time and this will generally take approximately 45-60 minutes per module. Previous participants have found it useful to initially go through the content in one go to understand the overall picture and then revisit the material slowly to analyse their businesses with the introduced concepts. To focus you on one module at a time, each module will be available based on the schedule shown below.
- At the end of each module you will submit an assignment that will help you to apply the learned concepts on your own business. The more time you spend on this exercise, the more you get out of the programme. You will receive written feedback from our experienced Programme Director. Previous participants have spent between 45 minutes-3 hours per week on the assignments.
Growth Plan Presentation
After successful completion of the six modules, you will have done the hard work to analyse your business and define a vision for the future. To test your plan and your message, you will present your Growth Plan to an expert panel of business advisors, successful entrepreneurs and investors to receive their feedback.
After each module, a tutorial will help you to summarise the key learnings, share ideas between all participants and give you an opportunity to ask questions. The attendance is optional but highly recommended as it will also help you to build strong relationships with your fellow participants. This tutorial will be facilitated by our Programme Director and will run on Wednesday afternoons, as shown on the schedule below.
After module 2, 4 and 6, you will have a 30-minute 1:1 feedback session with one of our business advisors. You can ask specific questions about your business and our business advisor will highlight areas that you should focus on. Previous participants have found these feedback sessions especially valuable to test ideas about their Growth Plan. You will get information about how to book these sessions once you are admitted onto the programme.
While the programme will introduce you to concepts on how you can analyse your business and develop successful strategies, a large proportion of your learning will come from discussions with your fellow participants. Listening to their ideas, experience and advice will inform your plan as much as it will inform theirs. Building good relationships will improve your business network going forward. Previous participants valued these peer-to-peer interactions very highly as it helped shape their understanding.
What are the key dates and the time commitment for the programme?
The schedule of the programme is as follows:
The key advantage of this programme is that all six online modules are asynchronous and can be worked on at any point during the time the module is active.
The time commitment for the programme is as following:
Day 1 – Programme introduction
The programme introduction will take place on 18 September 2020, 9:00am – 1:00pm.
Six online modules
- On average each module will take 3 hours a week via remote online learning (including written material, podcasts and videos), wider reading of reference materials and completion of online homework. Submission date is always at 23:59 on Sunday night.
- After every module there will be a 50-minute live tutorial which is also recorded and can be watched in your own time.
An average of 4 hours a week
Three 1:1 feedback sessions
30 min online meeting for 1:1 feedback regarding your own business.
Preparation of the Growth Plan
Minimum of 3 hours each week in final two weeks dedicated to preparation for the final growth plan.
Growth Plan presentation day
The presentation and final award ceremony will take place on 4 December 2020, 9:00am – 1:00pm.
I am interested, how can I learn more?
If you have any questions about Ready for Scale, please get in touch and we will be happy to schedule a call with you.
How much does the programme cost?
The fees for this programme are £1,500. To support businesses during the current impact of Covid-19, we are reducing the fees for the September 2020 cohort to £1,250.
When booking your place on this programme before 1 September 2020, or if you are a Cranfield alumnus, you are eligible for the early bird price of £1,000.
No VAT is applicable.
Do you know a business which would benefit from the Ready for Scale Programme? Then we are delighted to announce our referral programme.
- Speak to the business owner you believe can transform their business by attending the 12-week Ready for Scale programme.
- If they are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short introduction of the business and why they should participate in the programme.
- We will get in touch with them and discuss if Ready for Scale is the right next step for their business. Once they have signed up and paid the programme fee, we will be in touch to discuss which referral benefit you would like to claim.
- This offer is limited to 5 referrals
As a referral benefit you can choose between:
- 1 company ticket for our Virtual Conference in October 2020 allowing you to bring 5 people to the conference.
- 3 single tickets for Venture Day 2021 – our annual Entrepreneurship Conference in May.
- 1 seat on one of the Masterclasses run by the Bettany Centre in Autumn 2020.