Prior to joining Cranfield, Rob worked in industry for many years with organisations such as Rank Xerox, Plessey and W H Smith. Whilst in industry Rob was responsible for the management and deployment of digital technology , particularly focussing upon improving the effectiveness of business processes and creating enhanced organisational value.
Rob Lambert is currently Director of the Cranfield IT Leadership Programme and the Delivering Strategic Goals programme. He has also lectured extensively on both MBA and MSc programmes.
Rob is particularly interested in the role of digital technology in achieving corporate objectives and acts as a consultant to a number of multi-national organisations in the financial, pharmaceuticals and oil industries. Here he focuses, often at board level, on strategy development, digital transformation and programme governance.
Rob's research focuses on the digital competencies required to deliver effective business transformation as well as the changing role of the CIO.
- Innovation Group
- Youth Justice Board
Articles In Journals
- Peppard J, Edwards, C & Lambert R (2011) Clarifying the Ambiguous role of the CIO, MIS Quarterly Executive, 10 (1) 197-210.
- Franken A, Edwards C & Lambert R (2009) Executing Strategic Change: Understanding the Critical Management Elements that lead to Success, California Management Review, 51 (3) 49-73.
- Edwards C & Lambert R (2007) A superstar or the supporting act? The CIO's role in transformation., Computer Weekly 10-10.
- Edwards C & Lambert R (2007) Changing course, Accountancy, 140 (1368) 46-47.
- Edwards C, Braganza A & Lambert R (2000) Understanding and managing process initiatives: a framework for developing consensus, Knowledge and Process Management, 7 (1) 29-36.
- Peppard J, Lambert RD & Edwards C (2000) Whose Job is it Anyway? Organizational Information Competencies for Value Creation, Information Systems Journal, 10 (4) 291-322.
- Braganza A, Edwards C & Lambert RD (1999) A Taxonomy of Knowledge Projects to Underpin Organizational Innovation and Competitiveness, Knowledge and Process Management, 6 (2) 83-90.
- Edwards C, Peppard J & Lambert R (1999) Managing IT Governance. In: European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS '99).
- Peppard J, Edwards C & Lambert R (1999) A Governance Framework for Information Management. In: BIT World 99, Cape Town.
- Edwards C, Peppard J & Lambert R (1999) IS Governance in Global Enterprises. In: BIT World 99, Cape Town.
- Lambert R & Dhillon G (1997) Organisational Competence for Harnessing IT: The Case of John Brown Engineering. In: 1st UK Academy for Information Systems Conference, Cranfield.