Contact Richard Vincent
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard spent over 35 years working in high-tech industry, nearly 30 of those with Hewlett Packard and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), where in 1996 he was instrumental in setting up the OEM (KAM) group for Nearline Data Storage serving customers such as IBM, Oracle, Fujitsu and Hitachi. He initially specialised in taking high-tech products from development through to profitable high volume production and then spent over 20 years working with very complex and demanding global customers, all of whom were more used to competing with, rather than partnering with, HP & HPE.
Richard is passionate about improving companies' profitability, capability and their customer relationships, and in particular, helping companies ensure that they can effectively serve the needs of multiple complex and demanding customers simultaneously, even when those needs are widely different.
He has deep experience of projects and solutions that involve pioneering new approaches, rapidly turning around programmes, groups and individuals in difficulty and in building strong, globally-effective and coherent, customer focused teams, from culturally diverse and geographically dispersed groups.
He is a Founding Fellow of the Association of Professional Sales and has worked with Cranfield and the APS on the development of Level 7 Mastership courses in sales.
He has been the Co-Director the Sales Leaders' Think Tank and
has contributed to Cranfield courses for General Managers, Sales Directors and
Key Account Managers.
Whilst at HPE, under leadership of Richard, HPE were members of the Key Account Management Best Practice
Forum (KAMBP Forum) 2004 to 2017, and Richard has continued to work with the Forum on a regular basis.
Richard has been regularly contributing to The International
Journal of Sales Transformation since 2017.
Articles In Journals
- Vincent R (2019) Technology is Driving Servitisation, The International Journal of Sales Transformation (March).
- Vincent R (2018) Understanding Procurement and Negotiation, The International Journal of Sales Transformation (December).
- Vincent R (2018) Tendering, Proposals and Winning Bids, The International Journal of Sales Transformation (September).
- Vincent RC. & Vincent CH (1984) Practical Estimation Methods for Differential Counting, Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research, 223 (1) 147-149.