Contact Professor Patrick Reinmoeller
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754329
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Reinmoeller, PhD, is Professor of Strategic Management at Cranfield School of Management, UK and a Core Member of the China Research Centre and a Visiting Professor at Erasmus University in the Netherlands. His research on strategy and innovation within MNEs with an emphasis on capabilities to create and exploit knowledge has been published in the Asia Pacific Journal of Management, European Management Journal, MIT Sloan Management Review and Strategic Organization.
Patrick was a full time member of faculty at Erasmus University, the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and Visiting Faculty at the University of Pretoria (South Africa), Hitotsubashi University (Japan), NUCB (Japan), LIUC (Italy) and St Gallen University (Switzerland). Patrick is a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning, International Journal of Strategic Change Management. Reviewing for the Academy of Management Review, Organization Science, Organization Studies, MIT Sloan Management, Journal of Management Studies, and other leading journals, he has won multiple reviewer awards of the Academy of Management and the Strategic Management Society. Patrick was educated in Germany, Italy and Japan. He received his PhD at the University of Cologne and completed his post-doctoral research at the Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University. Patrick was educated in Italy, Japan and Germany and his working languages are Dutch, English, German, Italian, and Japanese.
His most recent publications are entitled: “Leaping to Optima? Knowledge Creation and Behavioral Theory” in Towards Organizational Knowledge edited by G. von Krogh, H. Takeuchi, K. Kase and C.G. Canton (2013) Palgrave Macmillan; "How to Win a Price War" MIT Sloan Management Review, 2014, 55 (3) 15-17; Reinmoeller, P. (2015) "The Judgement of Leaders", Management Focus, Issue 38, 3-9 and "Relational Capital and Individual Exploration: Unraveling the influence of Goal Alignment and Knowledge Acquisition", Organization Studies, 2015, 36 (6) 809-829; Reinmoeller, P and Ansari S (2015) "The Persistence of a Stigmatized Practice: A Study of Competitive Intelligence", British Journal of Management.
Patrick Reinmoeller is Professor of Strategic Management at Cranfield School of Management where he currently teaches Strategic Management as a core subject on the MBA and EMBA plus an elective on International Business. At Cranfield, Patrick is involved in research and executive development programmes for clients in professional services and manufacturing.
Since 2011 his programme ‘Directors as Strategic Leaders’ has supported senior executives in looking beyond their organizational silos to face the challenges of today’s complex and dynamic global force field.
Patrick specializes in competitive
strategy, strategic innovation and knowledge creation, particularly
relating to profitable growth and business model change. Patrick’s research
interests include Strategic Management; Organization Theory; Knowledge and Innovation;
and International Business.
Articles In Journals
- Giudici A, Reinmoeller P & Ravasi D (2018) Open-system orchestration as a relational source of sensing capabilities: evidence from a venture association, Academy of Management Journal, 61 (4).
- Nijholt JJ & Bezemer P-J Reinmoeller P (2016) Following Fashion: Visible Progressiveness and the Social Construction of Firm Value, Strategic Organization, 14 (3) 220-247.
- Mom T, van Neerijnen P, Reinmoeller P & Verwaal E (2015) Relational Capital and Individual Exploration: unravelling the influence of goal alignment and knowledge acquisition, Organization Studies, 36 (6) 809-829.
- Reinmoeller P & Ansari S (2015) The persistence of a stigmatized practice: a study of competitive intelligence, British Journal of Management, 27 (1).
- Reinmoeller P (2014) How to Win a Price War, Mit Sloan Management Review, 55 (3) 15-17.
- Reinmoeller P (2013) "Due diligence": el lado oscuro de un mensaje de exito, Harvard Deusto Business Review (228) 36-47.
- Giudici A & Reinmoeller P (2012) Dynamic Capabilities in the Dock: a case of reification?, Strategic Organization, 10 (4) 436-449.
- Lawton T, Rajwani T & Reinmoeller P (2012) Do You Have A Survival Instinct? Leveraging genetic codes to achieve fit in hostile business environments, Business Horizons, 55 (1) 81-91.
- Reinmoeller P & Baaij M (2010) The Lost Decade: Rethinking Presence and Performance of Japanese Corporations in International Competition, Hitotsubashi Business Review, 58 (2) 44-55.
- Reinmoeller P (2008) Contextualizing CSP Strategy: To Adopt, Adapt, or Integrate International CSR Practices, Journal of International Business Ethics, 1 (1) 21-35.
- O'Shaughnessy K C, Gedajlovic E & Reinmoeller P (2007) The influence of firm, industry and network on the corporate social performance of Japanese firms, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 24 (3) 283-303.
- Baaij M, Reinmoeller P & Niepce N (2007) Sustained superior performance in changing environments: towards a synthesis and a research agenda, Strategic Change, 16 (3) 87-95.
- Reinmoeller P (2006) Knowledge creation in Japan: towards bridging productive communities, International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, 3 (2) 130-142.
- Reinmoeller P & van Baardwijk N (2005) The Link Between Diversity and Resilience, Mit Sloan Management Review, 46 (4) 61-65.
- Basile C, Reinmoeller P, Deichman D & Agneesens F (2017) Well begun is half done? A repeated measures study of team faultline, identity salience, subgrouping behaviour and their effects on performance. In: Strategic Management Society Special Conference - Milan, Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi - Milan, 31 March - 1 April 2017.
- Basile C & Reinmoeller P (2017) It's about 'who agrees with whom and when': opening the black-box of group consensus during strategic decision-making. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) Conference 2017, Warwick, 5-7 September 2017.
- Basile C & Reinmoeller P (2017) Holes between 'us' and 'them': the role of group social capital in the activation of demographic faultlines. In: 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2017, Atlanta GA, 4-8 August 2017.
- Arevuo M, Reinmoeller P & Huff A. (2017) Making maps matters: Enacting artifacts in collective decision making. In: 2017 Frontiers in MOC and TIM Conference, Zurich, 29-30 June 2017.
- Basile C, Reinmoeller P & Deichmann D (2017) Early split wins it: A repeated measures study of faultline activation and group performance. In: SMS Special Conference: Strategic Human Capital, Management Practices, Milan, 31 March - 1 April 2017.
- Giudici A, Reinmoeller P & Ravasi D (2017) Unpacking external sources of dynamic capabilities: Evidence from a venture association. In: 33rd EGOS Colloquium 2017, Copenhagen, 6-8 July 2017.
- Hussels S, Koryak O & Reinmoeller P (2014) Repertory grid-based analysis of entrepreneurs' resilience. In: EURAM 2014: 14th European Academy of Management Annual Conference, Valencia, 4 June 2014.
- Reinmoeller P & Ansari S (2014) Constructing usefulness for a stigmatised practice. A study of competitive intelligence. In: EURAM 2014: 14th European Academy of Management Annual Conference, Valencia, 4 June 2014.
- Hussels S, Koryak O, Reinmoeller P & Tobias J (2014) Weathering the storms: unpacking entrepreneurs' resilience using repertory grid technique. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2014, Philadelphia, PA. 74th, 1-5 August 2014.
- Hussels S, Koryak O & Reinmoeller P (2014) Weathering the storms: identifying attributes of entrepreneurs’ resilience using repertory grid technique. In: EURAM 2014**: 14th European Academy of Management Annual Conference, Valencia, 4-7 June 2014.
- Giudici A, Reinmoeller P, Ireland RD & Tihanyi L (2013) Entrepreneurs' repertoire of networking behaviours and the design of networking initiatives. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2013, Orlando, FL, 9 August 2013.
- Nijholt J, Bezemer P-J & Reinmoeller P (2013) Firms' association with popular management practices and its impact on audience evaluations. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2013, Orlando, FL, 9 August 2013.
- Reinmoeller P (2013) Can Skills Beat Structures? Leveraging Process and Capabilities to Endure Price Wars. In: SMS 33rd Annual International Conference, Atlanta, GA, 28 September - 1 October 2013.
- Giudici A, Ireland D, Tihanyi L & Reinmoeller P (2013) Entrepreneurial Arbitraging and Network Relations in The Informal Economy. In: SMS 33rd Annual International Conference, Atlanta, GA, 28 September 2013.
- Hussels S, Tobias J, Reinnoeller P & Kutsch E (2011) Entrepreneurial mindfulness - An exploratory study. In: G-Forum 2011: 15th annual interdisciplinary entrepreneurship conference, St Gallen/Zurich, 2-4 November 2011.
- Reinmoeller P (2010) Embedding corporate social responsibility. In: Center for International Business Ethics Annual Conference, Beijing, 22 October 2010.
- Reinmoeller P (2009) Integrity and CSR reporting: The conceptual link with financial performance. In: Constructing Social Integrity Conference, Beijing.
- Baaij M with Reinmoeller P. (2018) Mapping A Winning Strategy: Developing and Executing a Successful Strategy in Turbulent Markets. Bingley: Emerald.
- Reinmoeller P (2013) Leaping to Optima? Knowledge Creation and Behavioral Theory. In: Towards Organizational Knowledge: The Pioneering Work of Ikujiro Nonaka. von Krogh G, Takeuchi H, Kase K, Canton CG (ed.), Palgrave Macmillan, p. 190-200.
- Volberda H, Morgan R, Reinmoeller P, Hitt M, Ireland R D & Hoskisson R (2011) Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization (Concepts and Cases). Andover: Cengage Learning.