Be the catalyst for strategic change.
Who is this for
Chief executives, directors and senior managers:
- Responsible for the formation of strategy within their organisation or company division,
- Who oversee strategy execution,
- Shortly assuming strategic responsibility.
What you will get
- A set of implementable initiatives which progress your organisation’s strategic development and your personal leadership agenda.
- Insights into strategic thinking and associated techniques to address the questions that keep you awake at night.
- Greater appreciation of the big picture issues and how to address them effectively.
- Opportunity to reflect on your own challenges as a leader and how you can exercise strategic leadership within your organisation.
- New thinking on leadership and resilience in times of great uncertainty.
“The programme has helped me pay more attention to raising the responsibility levels of senior team members to deal with higher level day-to-day issues, allowing me to concentrate on strategy.”
Debbie Perry, Chief Executive, Balinor Group Holdings Ltd
“I’ve learnt that there are multiple solutions and different ways of solving things. I feel much more well equipped to deal with some of the more challenging things that are going on around us now.”
Christine Kasoulis, Buying Director, John Lewis
“This has been very important for my organisation back in South Africa to find the next leap forward for us. I’ll certainly be communicating a lot back into the organisation. There are a lot of things I want to try and get going.”
Marc Willmers, Business Director, Gardner Denver
Free personal career development consultation
Apply today for a 1-2-1, tailored session to your aspirations – find out more »
Courses can be tailored to your organisation and delivered in-company – find out more »
Programme information – Face-to-face
- 12 - 17 Nov 2023
- 12 - 17 May 2024
- 10 - 15 Nov 2024
- Duration5.5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£9,750 + VAT Concessions available
A six-day programme, running from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon, ultimately exploring:
- Gaining a strategy toolbox ready for implementation,
- Strategic management,
- Financial strategy,
- Strategic projects and how to develop these,
- Engagement as a catalyst for strategic success.
- Building empathy, trust, rapport and engagement within your teams,
- Navigating organisational politics,
- Recognising and leveraging your leadership style and preference,
- Building high performing, winning teams.
Supply chain management and logistics
- Understand the key activities involved in managing an end-to-end global supply chain,
- Discover the greatest competitive weapon in supply chain management,
- Identify current and future supply chain disruptors and innovations.
Psychology and mindfulness
- How to stay psychologically fit to do your work.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
- How to create an inclusive working environment,
- Underpinning inclusive leadership to enable your business,
- How to create a culture of physiological safety.
Building a resilient organisation
- Understanding resilience and the nature of the resilience challenge,
- Strategies to build resilience within your organisation.
Participants will be invited to bring their own corporate or operational strategy to work on during the week, incorporating different elements of strategic leadership as they are considering within the programme.
What you will experience
This intensive programme is delivered over six days through a combination of theory, case studies and relevant real-world experience.
Undertaking psychometric assessments as part of prework, your results are reviewed on the programme to help you uncover the beliefs, drivers, emotions and behaviours of you and your team to ensure you effectively deliver on your strategic agenda. Understand how you are perceived by others and see why they want to be led by you, or not, and how to develop your inclusive leadership style to lead with collaboration and empathy.
Participants share their ideas and experiences, contributing to the group activities. The programme is designed to reprogram individuals’ strategic thinking and leadership behaviour; explore cognitive preferences and leadership style to reach even higher levels of performance.
This programme supports participants and organisations to continuously adapt and focus on the changing needs of strategic leadership.
Unique and practical programme features
- Gain a set of implementable and effective tools and frameworks to help determine a clear strategic direction for your organisation.
- Work on your own corporate or operational strategy formation and execution in real time.
- Cranfield renowned faculty – draw on their research, thought leadership and global perspective on key issues to equip you with powerful insights.
- Peer-to-peer learning.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
How to apply
Our team of executive development experts will be happy to talk to you about your development needs, please email us or call +44 (0)1234 754500.Register now Download brochure
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University