Contact Hilary Harris
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754837
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilary is an experienced leadership development specialist and executive coach, working with organisations across the globe to develop truly inclusive leadership practices and behaviours.
Hilary has a first degree in European Studies and a PhD in management from Cranfield University. Her PhD examined the issues facing women in International Management. Whilst on the Faculty at Cranfield School of Management, her specialist areas of research were gender diversity, intercultural and change management.
Hilary has worked on women’s leadership issues extensively within the United Nations system. As a result of her PhD thesis, she was invited to undertake research to examine the barriers to 50/50 gender representation at all levels within the UN system. The results of the report were presented to the General Assembly. She has since worked with the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, UNFPA, UNICEF, the Food and Agriculture Organisation, the International Fund for Agricultural Development and UNHCR, as well as Department for International Development on a variety of diversity and HR projects.
In the private sector, Hilary is currently project lead for a series of gender and minority ethnic group diversity strategy and development programmes within a major multinational bank.
For the past three years, Hilary has co-led the Cranfield “Women as Leaders” programme with Professor Kim Turnbull James.
Articles In Journals
- Brewster C, Sparrow P & Harris H (2005) Towards a new model of globalizing human resource management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 16 (6) 953-974.
- Dickmann Michael & Harris Hilary (2005) Developing Career Capital for Global Careers: The Role of International Assignments, Journal of World Business, 40 (4) 399-408.
- Harris H (2004) Global careers: work-life issues and the adjustment of women international managers, Journal of Management Development, 23 (9) 818-832.
- Harris H (2002) Think international manger, think male: Why women are not selected for international management assignments, Thunderbird International Business Review, 44 (2) 175-203.
- Harris H (2002) Think international manager, think male: why women are not selected for international management assignments, Thunderbird International Business Review, 44 (2) 175-203.
- Harris H (2001) Researching discrimination in selection for international management assignments: The role of repertory grid technique, Women In Management Review, 16 (3) 118-125.
- Harris H (2001) Between autonomy and control: expatriate managers and strategic IHRM in SMEs, Thunderbird International Business Review, 43 (1) 77-100.
- Jenkinson D, Harris HC, Ryan J, McNeill A, Pilbeam C & Coleman K (1999) Organic matter turnover in a calcareous clay soil from Syria under a two-course cereal rotation, Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 31 687-693.
- Pilbeam C, McNeill A, Harris HC & Swift R (1997) Effect of fertilizer rate and form on the recovery of 15N-labelled fertilizer applied to wheat in Syria, Journal of Agricultural Science, 128 (4) 415-424.
- McNeill A, Pilbeam C, Harris HC & Swift R (1996) Seasonal variation in the suitability of different methods for estimating biological nitrogen fixation by grain legumes under rainfed conditions, Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 47 1061-1073.
- Dickmann M & Harris H (2004) Contrasting individual's career capital and human capital formation strategies in international organisations. In: EGOS 20th Colloquium, Ljubljana.
- Harris H (2003) Strategic management of international workers and managing diversity in international working. In: SHRM Global Forum, Los Angeles.
- Harris H, Sparrow P & Brewster C (2003) A new model of globalising HRM. In: 7th Conference on International Human Resource Management, Limerick, 4 June 2003.
- Harris H (2003) Global HR Management. In: Turkish Personnel Management Association Conference, Istanbul.
- Abdul-Ghani R, Harris H & Vinnicombe S (2003) The influence of work-life balance on cross-cultural adjustment of international postgraduate students with family in the UK. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference, 2003, University of Leeds, Harrogate, 15-17 September 2003.
- Harris H (2002) The Strategic Management of Expatriates. In: Confederation of Danish Industry meeting, Copenhagen.
- Harris H (2002) Globalisation and the role of the HR Professional. In: CIPD International Forum Networking Meeting.
- Harris H (2002) The Strategic Management of International Mobility. In: OHRDG Meeting.
- Harris H, Petrovic J & Brewster C (2001) New forms of international working: the panacea to expatriation ills?. In: HR Global Management Conference, Barcelona.
- Harris H (2001) International Human Resource Strategies: New Perspectives, New Work. In: AFSM International - The Professional Journal, Washington, DC.
- Harris H & Partington D (1999) The Effect of Team Role Balance on Team Performance. In: British Academy of Management Conference, Manchester.
- Harris H & Kumra S (1999) International Manager Development: Cross-Cultural Training in Highly Diverse Environments. In: EIASM Workshop on Expatriation, Madrid.
- Harris H & Holden L (1999) Between Autonomy and Control: Expatriate Managers and Strategic Human Resource Management in an International Context. In: EIASM Workshop on Expatriation, Madrid.
- Harris H & Kumra S (1999) Sex-Role Stereotypes in Management: Of Square Pegs and Round Holes. In: British Academy of Management Conference, Manchester.
- Harris H & Kumra S (1998) An Analysis of Recruitment Advertisements: Watching the Adjectives. In: Organisational Discourse: Text Context and Subtext, London.
- Harris H (1998) Women in International Management: The Times they are Changing?. In: 7th International Women in Leadership Conference, Perth.
- Harris H (1997) Developing a Typology of International Manager Selection Systems: Effects on Women's Participation Rates. In: EIASM Conference on International HRM, Turku.
- Harris H & Kumra S (1997) International Manager Selection: A Loaded Dice?. In: 6th Symposium on Cross-Cultural Consumer and Business Studies, Honolulu.
- Harris H, Kumra S & Mayne L (1997) Towards a Framework of European Recruitment and Selection Practice: The Proof is Out There. In: 6th Symposium on Cross-Cultural Consumer and Business Studies, Honolulu.
- Brewster C & Harris H (1996) Preparation for Expatriation: Evidence about Current Needs. In: 5th International Human Resource Management Conference, San Diego.
- Harris H (1996) Women in International Management: New UK-based Evidence. In: 5th International Human Resource Management Conference, San Diego.
- Harris H & Dickmann M (2006) The CIPD Guide on International Management Development. London: The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Harris H, Brewster C & Sparrow P (2003) International Human Resource Management. CIPD.
- Kwiatkowski R, Harris H, Kakabadse A & Mapes J (2002) Applying organisational behaviour theories and models in learning teams. In: Innovations in Teaching Business and Management, SEDA, p. 157-165.
- Brewster C & Harris H (1999) International Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues in Europe. Routledge.
- Brewster C & Harris H (1999) An Integrative Framework for Pre-Departure Preparation. In: International Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues in Europe. Brewster C, Harris H (ed.).
- Brewster C & Harris H (1999) International Human Resource Management: The European Contribution. In: International Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues in Europe. Brewster C, Harris H (ed.), London: Routledge.
- Harris H (1999) Women in International Management: Why are they not selected?. In: International Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues in Europe. Brewster C, Harris H (ed.), London: Routledge.