Contact Dr Walter Gontarek
- Email: W.Gontarek@cranfield.ac.uk
CEO, Chairman and co-founder of Channel Capital Advisors, a FCA authorised and regulated, technology-enabled investment firm. Previously founder and head of global credit products at Royal Bank of Canada. Board member: Catalina Re (and member of risk committee for UK regulated subsidiaries), FrontClear Management (backed by UK and European development banks), Wiserfunding Ltd (a London based FinTech firm which supplies the Altman z-score for SMEs), and named Financial Expert at PRIME based in The Hague, NL.
Recently presented financial research at International Risk Management Conferences (IRMC) sponsored by NYU Stern/University of Florence (2017) and NYU Stern/Paris Dauphine (2018), International Corporate Governance Society (ICGS) at Bentley College (2016), and British Academy of Management/Cranfield University DBA Symposium (2016).
Lectures Financial Markets, Regulation and Ethics courses at Cranfield SOM as well as FinTech electives for MSc Finance, MSc Investment Management, and MSc Retail and Digital Banking programs.
Articles In Journals
- Gontarek W & Belghitar Y (2020) CEO chairman controversy: evidence from the post financial crisis period, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Available online 13 July 2020.
- Gontarek W & Belghitar Y (2018) Risk governance: Examining its impact upon bank performance and risk-taking, Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments, 27 (5) 187-224.
- Gontarek W & Bender R. (2018) Examining risk governance practices in global financial institutions: the adoption of risk appetite statements, Journal of Banking Regulation, 20 (Early Online).
- Gontarek W. (2016) Risk governance in financial institutions: The growing importance of risk appetite and culture, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, 9 (2).