Contact Dr Valentina Battista
Valentina has a PhD in Accounting, Management and Finance from the University of Pescara (Italy), where her research focused on the study of management control and performance measurement systems in private and public organisations.
Valentina is a Research Fellow in Human Resource Management working on ways to measure employee performance using new technologies.
Articles In Journals
- Parry E & Battista V. (2019) The impact of emerging technologies on work: a review of the evidence and implications for the human resource function [version 1; peer review: 2 approved, 1 approved with reservations], Emerald Open Research.
- Lucianetti L, Battista V & Koufteros X (2019) Comprehensive performance measurement systems design and organizational effectiveness, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 39 (2) 326-356.
- Curtis MB, Vinson JM, Conover TL, Lucianetti L & Battista V. (2017) National Culture and Ethical Judgment: A Social Contract Approach to the Contrast of Ethical Decision Making by Accounting Professionals and Students from the U.S. and Italy, Journal of International Accounting Research, 6 (2) 103-120.
- Rossi, D, De Luca, F, Battista, V, Lucianetti & L (2019) Antecedents of PMS and consequences on organizational performance: the mediation role of organizational learning. In: 42nd Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, Paphos, 29-31 May 2019.
- Leonelli S & Battista V (2019) The impact of Entrepreneur’s Narcissism on Leadership: The mediating role of Resilience and Risk-Taking. In: Sinergie-SIMA 2019 Conference, Rome, 20-21 June 2019.
- Battista V & Parry E (2018) The impact of technological advancement on the future of work and the role of Human Resources: an evidence-based investigation.. In: British Academy of Management, Bristol, 4-6 September 2018.
- Battista V & Parry E (2018) Impact of emerging technologies on work and the role of human resource management. In: 7th International e-HRM Conference, Milan, 29-30 November 2018.
- Battista V & Parry E (2017) Enhancing Employees Performance through Quantified Self Technologies: The Social and the Technical System within Organisations. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) Conference 2017, Warwick, 5-7 September 2017.
- Franco-Santos M, Battista V & Lucianetti L (2015) Managing the unmanageable: A closer look at the relationship between control systems and the performance of universities. In: European Accounting Association, Glasgow, 28-30 April 2015.
- Franco-Santos M, Battista V & Lucianetti L (2015) Managing the unmanageable: A closer look at the relationship between control systems and the performance of universities. In: European Accounting Association, Glasgow, 28 April 2015.
- Kujala J, Battista V, Lucianetti L & Paavilainen A (2017) Legitimating Managerial Moral Decisions: A comparison between the Finnish and the Italian Cases. In: Advances in Social Change, Leadership & Organizational Decision Making,, Bloomsbury, p. 265-283.
- Battista V, Verna I, Lucianetti L & Sargiacomo M (2016) The Interrelations Between Personnel Burn Out and Financial Distress in Italian Public Universities. In: Financial Distress in Italian Public Administration, McGraw Hill Education, p. 187-213.