Contact Dr Valentina Battista
Valentina has a PhD in Accounting, Management and Finance from the University of Pescara (Italy), where her research focused on the study of management control and performance measurement systems in private and public organisations.
Valentina is a Research Fellow in Human Resource Management working on ways to measure employee performance using new technologies.
Articles In Journals
- He Y, Payne SC, Beus JM, Muñoz GJ, Yao X & Battista V (2022) Organizational climate profiles: Identifying meaningful combinations of climate level and strength, Journal of Applied Psychology, Available online 13 October 2022.
- Kujala J, Battista V, Lucianetti L & Paavilainen A (2021) The influence of cultural context in managerial decision-making: legitimacy views of Finnish and Italian managers, International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, 21 (2/3) 149-164.
- Lucianetti L, Battista V & Koufteros X (2019) Comprehensive performance measurement systems design and organizational effectiveness, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 39 (2) 326-356.
- Parry E & Battista V. (2019) The impact of emerging technologies on work: a review of the evidence and implications for the human resource function [version 1; peer review: 2 approved, 1 approved with reservations], Emerald Open Research.
- Curtis MB, Vinson JM, Conover TL, Lucianetti L & Battista V. (2017) National Culture and Ethical Judgment: A Social Contract Approach to the Contrast of Ethical Decision Making by Accounting Professionals and Students from the U.S. and Italy, Journal of International Accounting Research, 6 (2) 103-120.
- Afonso D, Franco-Santos M & Battista V (2021) Individual identity and organizational control systems: A review and a new research agenda. In: 81st Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Virtual, 29 July - 4 August 2021.
- Rossi, D, De Luca, F, Battista, V, Lucianetti & L (2019) Antecedents of PMS and consequences on organizational performance: the mediation role of organizational learning. In: 42nd Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, Paphos, 29-31 May 2019.
- Leonelli S & Battista V (2019) The impact of Entrepreneur’s Narcissism on Leadership: The mediating role of Resilience and Risk-Taking. In: Sinergie-SIMA 2019 Conference, Rome, 20-21 June 2019.
- Battista V & Parry E (2018) The impact of technological advancement on the future of work and the role of Human Resources: an evidence-based investigation.. In: British Academy of Management, Bristol, 4-6 September 2018.
- Battista V & Parry E (2018) Impact of emerging technologies on work and the role of human resource management. In: 7th International e-HRM Conference, Milan, 29-30 November 2018.
- Battista V & Parry E (2017) Enhancing Employees Performance through Quantified Self Technologies: The Social and the Technical System within Organisations. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) Conference 2017, Warwick, 5-7 September 2017.
- Franco-Santos M, Battista V & Lucianetti L (2015) Managing the unmanageable: A closer look at the relationship between control systems and the performance of universities. In: European Accounting Association, Glasgow, 28-30 April 2015.
- Franco-Santos M, Battista V & Lucianetti L (2015) Managing the unmanageable: A closer look at the relationship between control systems and the performance of universities. In: European Accounting Association, Glasgow, 28 April 2015.
- Kujala J, Battista V, Lucianetti L & Paavilainen A (2017) Legitimating Managerial Moral Decisions: A comparison between the Finnish and the Italian Cases. In: Advances in Social Change, Leadership & Organizational Decision Making,, Bloomsbury, p. 265-283.
- Battista V, Verna I, Lucianetti L & Sargiacomo M (2016) The Interrelations Between Personnel Burn Out and Financial Distress in Italian Public Universities. In: Financial Distress in Italian Public Administration, McGraw Hill Education, p. 187-213.