Contact Dr Simon Templar
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111
- Email: email@example.com
Simon has over 20 years' experience in industry, ranging from 'bananas to telecommunications' in a wide range of management roles, including finance, sales and marketing, physical distribution management and human resource management.
He completed his PhD at Cranfield in 2013, has an MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from Cranfield and has a BSc (Transport and Economics) from Plymouth Polytechnic.
Simon's current research interests are related to supply chain finance and supply chain costing, in particular the interfaces between supply chain management, management accounting and marketing.
Simon is a founding member of the Supply Chain Finance Community, a non-for-profit association, which aims to share best practice and new research in an open, collaborative environment.
Simon was a member of a multi-disciplinary research team jointly funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), and industry that developed a novel process to assess supply chain costs in the food and drink industry.
His PhD research explored the impact of transfer pricing on supply chain management decisions. Other research interests include rail freight, customer profitability analysis, cost-to-serve, and tax efficient supply chains.
Articles In Journals
- Rodemann H & Templar S (2014) The enablers and inhibitors of intermodal rail freight between Asia and Europe, Journal of Rail Transport Planning and Management, 4 (3) 70-86.
- Johnson M & Templar S (2011) The relationships between supply chain and firm performance: The development and testing of a unified proxy, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 41 (2) 88-103.
- Grubic T, Bastl M, Fan I-S, Harrison A & Templar S (2010) Towards the Integrative Supply Chain Model, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 13 (1) 59-73.
- Bastl M, Grubic T, Templar S, Harrison A & Fan I-S (2010) Inter-organisational costing approaches: the inhibiting factors, International Journal of Logistics Management, The, 21 (1) 65-88.
- Whicker L, Bernon M, Templar S & Mena C (2009) Understanding the relationships between time and cost to improve supply chain performance, International Journal of Production Economics, 121 (2) 641-650.
- Chapman P & Templar S (2006) Methods for measuring shrinkage, Security Journal, 19 (4) 228-240.
- Chapman P & Templar S (2006) Scoping the contextual issues that influence shrinkage measurement, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 34 (11) 860-872.
- Mena C, Aspinall R, Bernon M, Templar S & Whicker L (2004) Gaining Visibility of Your Supply Chain Costs., Logistics and Transport Focus, 6 (6) 54-58.
- Mena C, Whicker L, Templar S & Bernon MP (2002)
Costing the supply chain, Manufacturing Engineer, 81 (5) 225-228.
- Templar S & Bernon MP (2002) The Impact of Supply Chain Management on Organisational Financial Performance, Supply Chain Practice, 4 (4) 62-77.
- Mena C, Bernon M, Templar S & Whicker L (2013) Developing a Tool for Analysing Cause-Effect Relationships in the Supply Chain. In: 18th International Symposium on Logistics (ISL 2013), Salzburg, 7 July 2013.
- Templar S, Jodhan G, Godsell J & Johnson M (2010) Improving Supplier Alignment: An Empirical Study in a FMCG Company. In: 17th International Annual EurOMA 2010 Conference, Porto, 6 June 2010.
- Bastl M, Grubic T, Templar S, Fan I-S & Harrison A (2008) Expanding the Horizon: Time and Costs in Supply Chain. In: EurOMA Annual Conference, Groningen.
- Smart A & Templar S (2008) Activity-based costing in a third party logistics company: a case study. In: Logistics Research Network Conference, 2008, Liverpool, 10 September 2008.
- Bastl M, Grubic T, Templar S, Fan I-S & Harrison A (2008) Qualitative Enquiries: Lessons from the Field. In: Cranfield Multistrand Conference, Cranfield.
- Grubic T, Bastl M, Fan I-S, Templar S & Harrison A (2008) An empirical study of the automotive supply chain processes.. In: EurOMA 15th Annual Conference, Groningen.
- Bastl M, Grubic T & Templar S (2007) Managing the inhibitors in the implementation of inter-organisational costing programmes. In: NOFOMA 2007 Conference, Reykjavik.
- Grubic T, Bastl M, Ip-shing F, Harrison A & Templar S (2007) Towards development of the business process model of a dyadic relationship. In: EurOMA Annual Conference, Ankara.
- Johnson M & Templar S (2007) The relationships between supply chain and firm performance: the development and testing of a unified metric. In: 19th NOFOMA Conference, Reykjavik.
- Johnson M & Templar S (2006) The relationships between demand chain and firm performance. In: Logistics Research Network Conference, Newcastle.
- Templar S, Bernon M & Fan M (2006) Supply Chain Costing - A Road Map. In: Logistics Research Network Conference 2006, Newcastle, 6 September 2006.
- Stephens C, Bernon M, Mena C & Templar S (2006) Application of Supply Chain Time and Cost Mapping Techniques in a UK chilled Food Manufacturing Company.. In: Logistics Research Network Conference 2006, Newcastle, 6 September 2006.
- Bernon M, Mena C, Templar S & Whicker L (2003) Costing Waste in Supply Chain Process: A European Food and Drink Industry Case Study.. In: EurOMA International Conference, Lake Como.
- Templar S, Bernon M, Mena C & Whicker L (2002) Supply Chain Effectiveness and Swift Service: A Case Study in a Multinational Food Manufacturer. In: 9th EurOMA Conference, Copenhagen.
- Mena C, Bernon M, Templar S & Whicker L (2002) Costing waste in the supply chain: a case study in the food industry. In: Logistics Research Network annual conference, Birmingham.
- Whicker L, Bernon M, Mena C & Templar S (2002) Visualising costs in the food and drink industry. In: 9th EurOMA Conference, Copenhagen.
- Bernon M, Baker P, Mena C, Palmer A, Smart A, Skipworth H & Templar S (2012) Towards more sustainable supply chain management. In: Cranfield on Corporate Sustainability, Sheffield: Greenleaf Publishing, p. 149-166.
- Templar S & Mena C (2010) A Framework to Visualize Time and Cost in a Food Supply Chain. In: Delivering Performance in Food Supply Chains. C. Mena, G. Stevens (ed.), Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing, ed. 1st.
- Templar S & Mena C (2010) Methods for assessing time and cost in a food supply chain. In: Delivering performance in food supply chains. Mena C, Stevens G (ed.), Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Ltd, p. 243-264.