Contact Dr Rick Forster
Rick is a Senior Research fellow at Cranfield University working within the centre for business performance. He holds B.Sc, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the University Of Liverpool, UK. Prior to joining Cranfield Rick’s PhD research was sponsored by the MOD examining complex procurement and contracting strategies, both inside defence and within a number of major UK public institutions such as the NDA and NHS. Rick is currently a member of 'Project X', an ESRC funded research collaboration between government, academia and industry. In this role his research centres on examining viable governance strategies in major public projects. Rick is currently a guest editor for the International Journal of Project Management.
In addition, my scholarly interests include:
- Industry 4.0, a subject he is currently co-supervising PhD research into
- Programme and Project Management, in which he has lead MSc courses
- Logistics and Supply Chain management
- Business Performance Management
- Defence Management
- Operations Management
Articles In Journals
- Bosch-Rekveldt M, Bourne M, Forster R, Kirkham R & Pesämaa O (2023) Performance measurement in project management, International Journal of Project Management, 41 (7) Article No. 102518.
- Vo H, Kirkham RJ, Williams TM, Howells A, Forster R & Cooke-Davies T (2021) An empirical study of assurance in the UK government major projects portfolio: from data to recommendations, to action or inaction, International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 14 (4) 865-897.