Contact Dr Matthias Nnadi
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x3213
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthias’ academic background cuts across financial and management accounting, as well as corporate finance. He holds a Bachelor degree specialising in Accounting (BSc), Master in Business Education (MEd), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and a PhD. He also holds Postgraduate certificates in Academic Practice and in Business Enterprise. His scholarly interest focuses on accounting in emerging economies particularly questioning the relevance of international accounting standards in developing economies. His extended academic interest explores the role of accounting in corporate mergers and acquisitions.
He is a member of several accounting and other professional bodies. His industry engagements include training of corporate organisations and government agencies in understanding, and in the application of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and budgetary management. He has worked as a budget manager of large telecommunication company, as well as a stock accountant of a multinational company.
He has developed executive courses in IFRS and IPSAS targeting accounting and finance managers in both private and government organisations and has trained several organisations on how to prepare their financial statements in line with the requirements of both IFRS and IPSAS. He was a recipient of the Chartered Institute of Taxation grant as well as Seedcorn funding for research.
Dr Nnadi is a senior lecturer in accounting. He has developed a teaching and assessment model in accounting - Individualised Accounting Technique (IAQ), for the assessment of students in large accounting classes which is widely used in some Business Schools. Some of his works have been published in international accounting journals, and he serves as reviewer for several accounting journals. Matthias is a member of the editorial board of Journal of Bonds and Derivatives. He currently serves as on the Executive Board of the Accounting History (Special Interest Group) of British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA).
Articles In Journals
- Weston P & Nnadi M (2021) Evaluation of strategic and financial variables of corporate sustainability and ESG policies on corporate finance performance, Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, Available online 16 February 2021.
- Choudhry T, Dissanaike G, Jayasekera R, Kang W-Y & Nnadi M (2021) Loss sensitive investors and positively biased analysts in Hong Kong stock market, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Available online 10 April 2021 (4).
- Tanna S, Yousef I & Nnadi M (2021) Probability of mergers and acquisitions deal failure, Journal of Financial Economic Policy, 13 (1) 1-30.
- Nnadi M, Surichamorn V, Jayasekera R & Belghitar Y (2020) Empirical analysis of debt maturity, cash holdings and firm investment in developing economies, International Journal of Finance and Economics, Available online 5 January 2021.
- Nnadi M, Volokitina E & Daniel Aghanya (2019) The effect of government involvement and payment method on merger and acquisition performance: the case of China, International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance , 11 (3) 385-410.
- Nnadi M & Aghanya D (2018) Evaluation of merger premium and firm performance in Europe, International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance , 9 (2) 119-140.
- Rubanov D & Nnadi M (2018) The impact of international financial reporting standards on fund performance, Accounting Research Journal , 31 (1) 102-120.
- Nnadi M & Tanna S (2017) Accounting analyses of momentum and contrarian strategies in emerging markets, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, Early online (4).
- Nnadi M & Nwobu OA (2017) The impact of international financial reporting standards adoption and banking reforms on earnings management: evidence from Nigerian banks, African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance , 5 (3) 231-253.
- Nnadi M & Tanna S (2016) Are serial acquirers good targets for acquisition? An accounting perspective, International Journal of Bonds and Derivatives, 2 (4) 344-364.
- Nnadi M (2015) Stock Market Reaction, Financial Reporting Quality and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Convergence of Listed Firms in China, Global Business and Economics Review, 17 (4) 399-416.
- Nnadi M, Omoteso K & Yi Y (2015) Does Regulatory Environment affect Earnings Management in Transitional Economies? An Empirical Examination of the Financial Reporting Quality of Cross-Listed Firms of China and Hong Kong, International Finance Review, 16 245-276.
- Nnadi M & Soobaroyen T (2015) International Financial Reporting Standards and Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of Africa , Advances in Accounting, 31 (2) 228-238.
- Nnadi M & Tanna S (2014) Post-acquisition profitability of banks: a comparison of domestic and cross-border acquisitions in the European Union, Global Business and Economics Review, 16 (3) 310-331.
- Nnadi M & Rosser M (2014) The 'Individualised Accounting Questions' Technique: Using Excel to Generate Quantitative Exercises for Large Classes with Unique Individual Answers, Accounting Education, 23 (3) 193-202.
- Nnadi M, Wogboroma N & Kabel B (2013) Determinants of Dividend Policy: Evidence from Listed Firms in the African Stock Exchanges, Panoeconomicus, 60 (6) 725-741.
- Nnadi MA & Tanna S (2013) Analysis of cross-border and domestic mega-M and As of European commercial banks, Managerial Finance, 39 (9) 848-862.
- Nnadi MA, Tanna S & Kabel B (2013) Multivariate analyses of factors affecting dividend policy of acquired European banks, Corporate Ownership and Control, 10 (3 (special issue)) 86-96.
- Nnadi M & Okene O (2012) Merger Regulations and Ethics in the European Union: the Legal and Political Dimensions, ECLR, 33 (3) 124-131.
- Nnadi MA (2011) The impact of fiscal policies on consumers spending, Journal of Economics and International Finance, 3 (1) 59-62.
- Pasiouras F, Tanna S & Nnadi M (2011) The Effect of Board Size and Composition on the Efficiency of UK Banks, International Journal of the Economics of Business, 18 (3) 441-462.
- Nnadi MA & Akpomi ME (2008) The effect of tax on dividend policy of banks, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 19 (September) 48-55.
- Nnadi M (2003) Effective Measures of Curbing Malpractices in Accounting Examinations, Nigeria Journal of Business Education, 3 (2) 35-42.