Contact Dr Hendrik Reefke
Dr Hendrik Reefke has held academic positions in the UK, Germany, and New Zealand. Prior to this he worked in the automotive sector with roles in Engineering and Procurement and in Project Management. Hendrik is known for his capability in Warehousing, a specialised area characterised by complexities regarding design, equipment, operations, and managerial implications.
He holds an award winning PhD from the University of Auckland as well as a MCom and BCom (Honours) in operations and supply chain management.
Hendrik embraces a variety of methodological research approaches including simulation, process design, modelling, surveys, group decision techniques, case studies, and conceptual theory building. His work has been published in academic journals, books chapters, and conferences. For research supervision, he welcomes students interested in conducting empirical research in areas broadly connected to his research interests.
Hendrik is a Senior Lecturer in Supply Chain Management and Course Director of the full-time Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management MSc course at Cranfield School of Management. He is an active researcher, focusing primarily on sustainable supply chain management, service supply chains, as well as performance measurement and reporting.
He leads programmes in the areas of Humanitarian Logistics, Sustainability and Operations Management and has conducted various consulting and research projects, including Sustainable Transport in the UK, Health Supply Chain transformations in developing countries, Supply Chain Trends, and the effects of Brexit on Supply Chain Locations.
Articles In Journals
- Reefke H & Sundaram D (2018) Sustainable supply chain management: Decision models for transformation and maturity, Decision Support Systems, 113 (September) 56-72.
- Beitzen-Heineke EF, Balta-Ozkan N & Reefke H (2017) The prospects of zero-packaging grocery stores to improve the social and environmental impacts of the food supply chain, Journal of Cleaner Production, 140 (Part 3) 1528-1541.
- Reefke H & Sundaram D (2017) Key themes and research opportunities in sustainable supply chain management - identification and evaluation, Omega, 66 (Part B) 195-211.
- Breidbach CF, Reefke H & Wood LC (2015) Investigating the formation of service supply chains, Service Industries Journal, 35 (1-2) 5-23.
- Reefke H, Ahmed M & Sundaram D (2014) Sustainable supply chain management—decision making and support: The SSCM maturity model and system, Global Business Review , 15 (4) 1S-12S.
- Reefke H & Trocchi M (2013) Balanced Scorecard for Sustainable Supply Chains: Design and Development Guidelines, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 62 (8) 805-826.
- Reefke H. & Sundaram D. (2012) Key issues in sustainable supply chain management, International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability, 7 (6) 191-206.
- Moradlou H, Reefke, H, Skipworth & Tate W (2020) Brexit and Manufacturing Supply Chain Location Decision. In: International Purchasing Supply, Education and Research Association (IPSERA) Conference, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 5-8 April 2020.
- Moradlou H, Reefke H, Skipworth H & Tate W (2019) Investigating the Impacts of Brexit on Manufacturing Location Decisions. In: POMS Conference 2019 - Brighton, Brighton, 2-4 September 2019.
- Reefke H & Guesalaga R (2018) Returns Management: Implications for Omnichannel Environments. In: 32nd ANZAM Conference 2018 - Auckland, Auckland, 4-7 December 2018.
- Nonhoff B, Skipworth H, Bourlakis M, Mena C, Bernon M & Reefke H (2017) Exploring the imperative for purchasing strategic alignment to drive purchasing maturity. In: 24th EurOMA Conference 2017, Edinburgh, 1-5 July 2017.
- Reefke H & Rossi Tafuri S (2016) Health Supply Chains in Developing Countries - Challenges and Future Pathways. In: Logistics Research Network - LRN 2016, Hull, 7 September 2016.
- Reefke H & Olsen T (2016) A Meta-Definition of Sustainable Supply Chain Management - Mapping Current Understanding and Future Development. In: 30th ANZAM Conference 2016, Brisbane, 6 December 2016.
- Reefke H & Sundaram D (2015) Maturity Development in Sustainable Supply Chains. In: The 20th Annual Conference of The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport, Logistics Research Network (LRN), University of Derby, 9 September 2015.
- Reefke H (2015) Investigating the Effects of Slow Steaming on Supply Chain Sustainability. In: ANZAM 29th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management 2015, Otago, 2 December 2015.
- Fuavao S, Reefke, H & Olsen T (2013) Evaluation of Waste Streams in Supply Chains: Research Opportunities. In: 11th ANZAM Operations Symposium - Supply Chain and Services Management, Brisbane, 20 June 2013.
- Reefke H (2013) The Maturity Concept in Sustainable Supply Chains. In: 34th Joint Scientific Symposium, Pforzheim, 7 November 2013.
- Wood L, Reefke H & Breidbach C (2012) A Typology of Service Supply Chain Strategies - Pathways Between Agility and Efficiency. In: 10th ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium, Melbourne, 14 June 2012.
- Breidbach C, Reefke H & Wood L (2011) Service Supply Chain Management: Research Implications from the Service-Dominant Logic. In: 9th ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium, Geelong, 15 June 2011.
- Wood L & Reefke H (2010) Working with a Diverse Class: Reflections on the Role of Team Teaching, Teaching Tools and Technological Support. In: IADIS International Conference on International Higher Education 2010, Perth, 29 November 2010.
- Moradlou H, Reefke H & Skipworth H. (2020) Manufacturing out, distribution in. In: Carmaggedon? Brexit and beyond for UK Auto (Bite-sized Brexit Books), Independently Published.
- Reefke H (2019) Case Study: Puma Sportslifestyle - Journey Towards Sustainable Supply Chain Management. In: Operations Management for Business Excellence (4th Edition), Routledge, p. 393-397.
- Kuhl C & Reefke H (2019) Case Study 11: Implementing Circular Economy at Hewlett Packard (HP). In: Operations Management for Business Excellence (4th Edition), Routledge, p. 422-425.
- Gardiner D & Reefke H (2019) Operations Management for Business Excellence. Routledge, ed. 4th.
- Reefke H & Lo J (2015) A Review of Tools, Practices, and Approaches for Sustainable Supply Chain Management. In: Wiley Encyclopaedia of Operations Research and Management Science (EORMS), John Wiley & Sons, p. 1-19.
- Reefke H (2013) Puma Sportslifestyle - Journey Towards Sustainable Supply Chain Management. In: Operations Management for Business Excellence (3rd Edition), Auckland: Pearson Education.
- Reefke H (2010) Simulation of Container Traffic Flows at a Metropolitan Seaport. In: Advanced Manufacturing and Sustainable Logistics, Volume 46 of the series Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, p. 420-431.
- Reefke H, Sundaram D & Ahmed MD (2010) Maturity Progression Model for Sustainable Supply Chains. In: Advanced Manufacturing and Sustainable Logistics, Volume 46 of the series Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, p. 308-319.