Contact Dr Banu Yetkin Ekren
Banu Yetkin Ekren is a Senior Lecturer of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Previously, Dr Ekren worked as Associate Professor at Yasar University, Izmir, Turkey. She completed her PhD at Unversity of Louisville, KY, USA, in the Department of Industrial Engineering. She was the recipient of the best PhD dissertation award when she graduated in 2009. Her dissertation focused on design and analysis of automated warehouses by using analytical and simulation modelling.
Dr Ekren also completed a one-year postdoctoral research in the period of 2011-2012 for a funded contract project with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), PA, USA. She developed simulation models for the DLA's largest warehouse to improve its operating performance.
Dr Ekren's expertise ranges widely from simulation modelling, agent-based modelling, inventory optimization, design and analysis of supply chains, automated warehousing to stochastic modelling. Dr Ekren has published several articles in many reputed international journals and conference proceedings. She has led international funded research projects focusing on design and analysis of smart supply chains as well as automated warehousing subjects. She has been acting as a regular reviewer as well as guest editor for some reputed international journals.
Articles In Journals
- Amin-Tahmasbi H, Sadafi S, Ekren BY & Kumar V (2022) A multi-objective integrated optimisation model for facility location and order allocation problem in a two-level supply chain network, Annals of Operations Research, Available online 15 April 2022.
- Ekren BY & Arslan B (2022) A reinforcement learning approach for transaction scheduling in a shuttle-based storage and retrieval system, International Transactions in Operational Research, Available online 29 March 2022.
- Kumar Srivastava D, Kumar V, Yetkin Ekren B, Upadhyay A, Tyagi M & Kumari A (2022) Adopting industry 4.0 by leveraging organisational factors, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 176 (March) Article No. 121439.
- Kazancoglu Y, Ozbiltekin-Pala M, Deniz Sezer M, Y. Ekren B & Kumar V (2022) Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on sustainable food supply chains, Sustainability, 14 (1) Article No. 143.
- Jerman B, Ekren BY, Küçükyaşar M & Lerher T (2021) Simulation-based performance analysis for a novel AVS/RS technology with movable lifts, Applied Sciences, 11 (5).
- Ekren B, Mangla SK, Turhanlar EE, Kazancoglu Y & Li G (2021) Lateral inventory share-based models for IoT-enabled E-commerce sustainable food supply networks, Computers and Operations Research, 130 Article No. 105237.
- Izmirli D, Ekren BY, Kumar V & Pongsakornrungsilp S (2021) Omni-channel network design towards circular economy under inventory share policies, Sustainability, 13 (5) Article No. 2875.
- Izmirli D, Ekren BY & Kumar V (2021) Inventory share policy designs for a sustainable omni-channel e-commerce network, Sustainability, 12 (23) Article No. 10022.
- Ekren BY & Akpunar A (2021) An open queuing network-based tool for performance estimations in a shuttle-based storage and retrieval system, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 89 (2) 1678-1695.
- Küçükyaşar M, Ekren BY & Lerher T (2021) Cost and performance comparison for tier-captive and tier-to-tier SBS/RS warehouse configurations, International Transactions in Operational Research, 28 (4) 1847-1863.
- Ekren BY (2020) A Multi-Objective Optimisation Study for the Design of an AVS/RS Warehouse, International Journal of Production Research, 59 (4) 1107-1126.
- Ekren BY (2020) A simulation-based experimental design for SBS/RS warehouse design by considering energy related performance metrics, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 98 Article No. 101991.
- Ekren BY, Akpunar A, Sari Z & Lerher T (2018) A Tool for Time, Variance and Energy Related Performance Estimations in a Shuttle-Based Storage and Retrieval System, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 63 109-127.
- Lerher T, Ekren BY, Sari Z & Rosi B (2016) Method for Evaluating the Throughput Performance of Shuttle Based Storage and Retrieval Systems, Tehnicki Vjesnik/Technical Gazette, 23 (3) 715-723.
- Lerher T, Ekren BY, Dukic G & Rosi B (2015) Travel Time Model for Shuttle-Based Storage and Retrieval Systems, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 78 (9-12) 1705-1725.
- Lerher T, Ekren BY, Sari K & Rosi B (2015) Simulation Analysis of Shuttle-Based Storage and Retrieval Systems, International Journal of Simulation Modelling, 14 (1) 48-59.
- Ekren BY, Heragu SS, Krishnamurthy A & Malmborg CJ (2014) Matrix-Geometric Solution for Semi-Open Queuing Network Model of Autonomous Vehicle Storage and Retrieval System, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 68 78-86.
- Ekren BY, Heragu SS, Krishnamurthy A & Malmborg CJ (2013) An Approximate Solution for Semi-Open Queuing Network Model of Autonomous Vehicle Storage and Retrieval System, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 10 (1) 205-215.
- Ekren BY & Heragu SS (2011) Performance Comparison of Two Material Handling Systems: AVS/RS and AS/RS, International Journal of Production Research, 50 (15) 4061-4074.
- Ekren BY & Kumar V (2022) An overview for food loss and waste reduction in food supply chains. In: Agri-Food 4.0: Innovations, Challenges and Strategies, Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Canbaz CH, Ekren O, Ekren BY & Kumar V (2022) Evaluation of fuel production technologies by using renewable energy for smart cities. In: Smart cities policies and financing: Approaches and solutions, Elsevier, p. 457-470.