Contact Dr Vineet Agarwal
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x3251
- Email: email@example.com
Vineet Agarwal completed his PhD at Cranfield before joining the School of Management's faculty. Before that, he worked in investment banking in the area of pricing, structuring and marketing of initial and seasoned equity offerings and also private placement of fixed income bearing securities.
Vineet's areas of expertise are: asset pricing, market efficiency, bankruptcy prediction models, and financial modelling.
Articles In Journals
- Poshakwale SS, Chandorkar P & Agarwal V (2019) Implied volatility and the cross section of stock returns in the UK, Research in International Business and Finance, Early online.
- Agarwal V, Taffler RJ, Bellotti X & Nash EA (2016) Investor relations, information asymmetry and market value, Accounting and Business Research, 46 (1) 30-50.
- Bauer J & Agarwal V (2014) Are hazard models superior to traditional bankruptcy prediction approaches? A comprehensive test, Journal of Banking and Finance, 40 432-442.
- Agarwal V, Taffler R & Brown M (2011) Is Management Quality Value Relevant?, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 38 (9-10) 1184-1208.
- Agarwal V & Poshakwale S (2010) Size and book-to-market anomalies and omitted leverage risk, European Journal of Finance, 16 (3) 263-279.
- Mokoteli T, Taffler R & Agarwal V (2009) Behavioural Bias and Conflicts of Interest in Analyst Stock Recommendations, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 36 (3-4) 384-418.
- Agarwal V & Taffler R (2008) Comparing the performance of market-based and accounting-based bankruptcy prediction models, Journal of Banking and Finance, 32 (8) 1541-1551.
- Agarwal V & Taffler R (2008) Does Financial Distress Risk Drive the Momentum Anomaly?, Financial Management (Journal), 37 (3) 461-484.
- Agarwal V & Taffler R (2007) 25 years of the Taffler Z-score model: Does it really have predictive ability, Accounting and Business Research, 37 (4) 285-300.
- Poshakwale S & Agarwal V. (2019) Does Good Corporate Governance Matter? Evidence from Large European Firms. In: INFINITI conference, Glasgow, 9-11 June 2019.
- Poshakwale S & Vineet A. (2018) Do Women on Board Add Value?. In: Financial Management Association (FMA) Europe Conference, Kristiansand, 14-16 June 2018.
- Aghanya D, Poshakwale S & Agarwal V (2017) The impact of statutory audit and corporate reporting directives on compliance costs, risk-taking and reporting quality of the EU banks. In: European Financial Management Association 2017 Annual Meeting, Athens, 28 June - 1 July 2017.
- Aghanya DE, Poshakwale S & Agarwal V (2015) What is "good regulation?" The impact of leaving the EU on the UK financial services. In: 5th International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society, Audencia Nantes, 11 June 2015.
- Agarwal V, Taffler R, Liao A & Nash E (2007) The Impact of Effective Investor Relations on Market Value. In: Financial Management Association European conference, Barcelona.
- Agarwal V & Poshakwale S (2006) Does distress risk explain size and Book-to-market effects?. In: CERAM Research Seminar, Sophia Antipolis.
- Taffler R, Agarwal V & Brown M (2004) Are well managed companies good investments?. In: European Financial Management Association annual meeting, 2004, Basel, 30 June 2004.
- Agarwal V (2003) Are well managed companies good investments?. In: Financial Reporting and Business Communication Conference, 2003, Cardiff, Wales, 2 July 2003.
- Agarwal V (2003) Distress factor effect in equity returns: market mispricing or omitted variable. In: European Financial Management Association annual conference.