Contact Dr Nicky Yates
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758012
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicky joined Cranfield in December 2008. Prior to joining Cranfield, she spent six years working for Unilever and subsequently Birds Eye as a Research Engineer. Her role was split between process development and simulation modelling. Her simulation work involved developing models of numerous systems including pick and place robotic packaging operations and the frozen pea supply chain. Her development work saw her involved in such diverse projects such as, developing a novel processing route for frozen sauces, developing an optimisation tool for formulating recipes and creating and sourcing a product based on partially dried vegetables.
Nicky is a Chemical Engineer by initial training with a PhD in Food Rheology.
Nicky is a Lecturer within the Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management. She specialises in teaching subjects related to the modelling of the supply chain; teaching modules on physical network design, simulation and manufacturing on the Full Time and Executive Masters Programmes in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Her research is also focused in this area, with a wide general interest in the simulation and modelling of supply chains from strategic network optimisation to detailed simulation studies. Nicky has a particular interest in the management of supply chains which handle perishable products such as food or blood.
Nicky has been involved in projects across a range of sectors including blood, food and drink and construction.
Articles In Journals
- Lusiantoro L, Yates N, Mena C & Varga L (2018) A refined framework of information sharing in perishable product supply chains, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 48 (3) 254-283.
- Yates N, Stanger S, Wilding R & Cotton S (2017) Approaches to assessing and minimizing blood wastage in the hospital and blood supply chain, ISBT Science Series, 12 (1) 91-98.
- Fichtinger J, Chan WC & Yates N (2017) A joint network design and multi-echelon inventory optimisation approach for supply chain segmentation, International Journal of Production Economics, In Press.
- Stanger SHW, Wilding R, Hartmann, E, Yates N & Cotton S (2013) Lateral Transshipments: An Institutional Theory Perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 43 (9) 747-767.
- Ettouzani Y, Yates N & Mena C (2012) Examining Retail on Shelf Availability: Promotional Impact and a Call for Research, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 42 (3) 213-243.
- Stanger S, Wilding R, Yates N & Cotton S (2012) What drives perishable inventory management performance? Lessons learnt from the UK blood supply chain, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 17 (2) 107-123.
- Stanger SHW, Yates N, Wilding R & Cotton S (2012) Blood Inventory Management: Hospital Best Practice, Transfusion Medicine Reviews, 26 (2) 153-163.
- Wilding R, Cotton S, Dobbin J, Chapman J & Yates N (2011) Time-based analysis of the apheresis platelet supply chain in England, Vox Sanguinis, 101 (3) 247-249.
- Lusiantoro L & Yates N (2015) Identifying the ideal blood stock level: a statistical analysis of blood inventory levels in the UK. In: The 20th Annual Conference of The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport, Logistics Research Network (LRN), University of Derby, 9 September 2015.
- Yates N (2015) Teaching Simulation to Management Students: the Case for Cases. In: 27th European Conference on Operational Research, University of Strathclyde, Scotland, 12 July 2015.
- Yates N (2014) A discrete event simulation for the analysis of the harvesting, transportation and processing systems of a seasonal vegetable production operation. In: 2014 7th Operational Research Society Simulation Workshop (SW14), Worcestershire, 1 April 2014.
- Yates N, Stranger S, Wilding R & Cotton S (2013) Laterial Transhipments in the UK Blood Supply Chain. In: 18th Annual Logistics Research Network Conference, Birmingham, 4-6 September 2013.
- Stanger SHW, Wilding R, Yates N, Cotton S & Hartmann E (2011) Sharing stock in the UK blood supply chain fostering the efficient use of blood. In: Logistics Research Network Conference 2011, Southampton, 7-9 September 2011.
- Stanger SHW, Johnson M, Yates NM & Cotton S (2011) Managing variable demand in the blood supply chain. In: NOFOMA 2011, 9 June 2011.
- Stanger SHW, Wilding R, Yates NM, Cotton, S, Hartmann & E (2011) Sharing Stock in the UK Blood Supply Chain Fostering the Efficient use of blood. In: Logistics Research Network Conference 2011, Southampton, 7-9 September 2011.
- Stanger SHW, Wilding R, Yates NM & Cotton S (2010) Waste Reduction in the Blood Supply Chain. In: Logistics Research Network Conference 2010, Harrogate, 8-10 September 2010.
- Stanger S, Cotton S, Wilding R & Yates N (2010) Impact of hospital inventory practice on wastage in the blood supply chain. In: XXVIII Annual Scientific Meeting of the British Blood Transfusion Society, Bournemouth, 9-11 September 2010.
- Stanger S, Wilding R, Yates N & Cotton S (2010) Waste reduction in the blood supply chain. In: 15th Annual Logistics Research Network Conference, 2010, Harrogate, 8-10 September 2010.