As you begin to manage at a higher level in organisations, your everyday personal presence becomes ever more significant and important. Read more Read less
Being able to consciously create and sustain a positive, powerful impression from the moment you enter a room is the starting point for generating influence. By heightening your credibility you will receive more confidence in you as a person, greater commitment to your views and stronger engagement with your ideas: long after you have left the room.
This programme is designed to lift you out of your day-to-day default style of personal ‘performance’ and instead develop your skills in operating in a zone of high impact and influence. Using the range of environments and contexts in which you operate as a starting point, we will give you tools, strategies and methods for increasing your presence and level of engagement with others.
At a glance
- 04 - 05 Dec 2018
- 10 - 11 Jun 2019
- 05 - 06 Dec 2019
- Duration2 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
£2,360 + VAT
What you will learn
- Understand how to use different tactics for influencing in person and in different environments
- Communicate your messages with greater clarity, confidence and purpose
- Maintain inner confidence under pressure
- Be authentic with your personal impact and influence
- Create and sustain your own Action Focus Plan.
- Engage and influence others
- Understand and practice authentic presence
- Create clear intentions for successful communication in conversations, meetings, presentations and other critical communications
- Understand how to prepare for impact and influence in different environments
- Recognise resources that will support you to be at your best in challenging contexts
- Build confidence to think on your feet
- Understand and practice goal setting and action planning.
Who should attend
Middle and senior managers who:
- Are already managing people but requiring assistance to translate their success as a team manager with greater influence across networks
- Find themselves increasingly involved in cross functional projects or approaches where they need greater influence
- Are working under pressure and need help project the right credibility while handling challenging demands.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University