By studying our Management MSc, you will have the opportunity to spend one month in Spain where you will be immersed in the Spanish culture while studying two of your compulsory modules: Effective Cross-Cultural Management and Management Consulting. During this period, you will obtain practical and theoretical skills and knowledge which will enable you to successfully manage a range of cross-cultural challenges in your future career.
Many people work internationally and/or in highly diverse settings in multicultural teams. As a future leader or manager you will be better placed to implement strategy and drive the achievement of organisational goals if you have an understanding of the different cultural values, norms and preferences of the people you work with within your organisation. In addition, you will work in teams to solve real-life problems of organisations in our Management Consulting module.
Travel and accommodation costs associated with the Spanish trip are covered by the course tuition fee.
Example itinerary for teaching in Granada and Valencia, Spain:
- Day 1: Flight from UK (London Luton) to Malaga (Spain) and bus transfer to Granada.
- Day 2 – 7: Teaching in Granada (Effective Cross-Cultural Management module).
- Day 10: Travel from Seville to Valencia.
- Day 11 – 30: Teaching in Valencia (Management Consulting module).
- Day 31: Flight from Spain (Valencia) back to the UK.
- Activities are likely to include a 'Three Cultures Tour' in Granada, visit to the World Heritage Site Alhambra, plus activities to immerse you into the Spanish culture.
- Trip to Seville and historical/cultural exploration.
- Activities may include several company visits, cultural and sports activities day trip to Altea and interactions with local students.
Read our student blogs to learn about our past students’ experiences.