Professor Sue Vinnicombe
Professor of Women and Leadership
Sue specialises in helping organisations accelerate the careers of their top female talent and improve gender diversity in their corporate governance.
- Women on corporate boards
- Female leadership styles
- Diversity management
- Recruiting for diversity
- Informal mentoring and role models
- Women in corporate networks
- Practical inclusive talent management for senior roles
- Female career development
Sue advises clients on how best to attract, retain and develop female executives. She has consulted for organisations in more than 20 countries, worked as an advisor to the UK Government on the lack of gender and ethnic diversity on corporate boards, and is a frequent keynote speaker at industry conferences.
Sue is the founder and lead author of the annual Female FTSE Board Report, globally-renowned as the premier research resource on women directors in the UK. She has won several awards and accolades for her contribution to the economic empowerment of women, including from the International Women’s Forum and The International Alliance of Women. She was awarded an OBE for services to diversity in 2005, and a CBE for services to gender equality in 2014.
- Fellow of the British Academy of Management
- Companion of the Chartered Institute of Management
- Thinkers50 Management Hall of Fame
- Board member of the Managing Partner’s Forum
- Vice Patron of the charity Working Families
- Founder and chair of the judges for the Women in the City awards
- Judge for the Sunday Times Best NEDs of the Year awards