Very good leaders are self aware. They understand the impact their behaviour has on other people and they have a deep understanding of how and why people behave at work and in other organisational contexts.
This collection of stackable modules is designed for students to develop self awareness of their own behaviour and the behaviour of other individuals or groups in organisations. Students will consider aspects related to people in organisations, especially those that will impact their own behaviour and their understanding of others’ behaviours at work.
This knowledge will allow students to gain some insights into broader leadership and management issues in organisations.
Who is this for?
- People who wish to become better leaders by developing an awareness of their own behaviour and the behaviour of other individuals or groups in an organisation.
- If you choose to study past our Bronze, Silver and Gold badges, minimum criteria for the Postgraduate Award is an English language speaking IELTS score of 6.5.
How you will study
Our modules are fully stackable and self-paced, so you choose how much you want to learn and when.
- Bronze: 4 hours online, access anytime
- Silver: 6 hours online, access anytime
- Gold: 10 hours live online cohort based learning (live dates are every six months, split across two half-days at times to suit many global time-zones)
Our stacks offer reflection activities throughout which we suggest you allow additional time for, this is at your pace but our guidance is up to 8 hours for Bronze and up to 12 hours for Silver. This is your opportunity to apply your new knowledge and reflect on the impact it can have on you in your current and future roles.
Location: Online – a combination of always available, access anytime and live online.
What you will learn
Bronze – Self-paced
Award: Cranfield Bronze Digital Learning Badge
By the end of your Bronze stack you will be able to:
- Determine what organisational behaviour is in the context of people, groups and teams, organisations.
- Understand why it is important to study organisational behaviour.
- Examine individual differences, intelligence, and personality.
- Critically appraise what makes a team or group and how to effectively create and manage those.
- Be able to interpret and decode organisational culture and understand how it is created and impacts how we work.
Silver – Self-paced
Award: Cranfield Silver Digital Learning Badge
Should you want to progress to our Silver stack, by the end of your study you will have developed knowledge enabling you to:
- Understand how people express negative and positive emotions, the usefulness of positive psychology, resilience and emotional intelligence.
- Appraise and assess how our emotions impact us at work and in life.
- Develop the capacity to use theories of motivation to engage a diverse workforce.
- Critically appraise the issues which lead to social phenomena in groups.
- Develop your capacity to communicate in teams and understand common barriers to team effectiveness.
Gold – Live Online
Award: Cranfield Gold Digital Learning Badge
Taking your stack up to Gold level will deepen your knowledge and learning, enabling you to:
- Critically evaluate evidence-based management to real-world problems.
- Develop your individual capacity for management by applying theories and concepts covered in Bronze and Silver.
- Learn to use reflective practice to develop yourself and others.
- Build your coaching capacity through peer coaching.
- Apply your previous experience to build on and create synergies with core learnings on individual differences, team management, and organisational practices.
Completing the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cranfield Digital Badges within this stack alongside those in the Leadership stack and an Integrated Assessment will earn you a Postgraduate Award in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour.
To qualify for the PgCert in Business and Management, three core PgAwards are required, which are:
- Making Sense of the Economy and Introduction to Financial Management
- Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Thinking and Strategic Management
The PgCert is a requirement for applying for a PgDip and MSc.
This comprises 3 Postgraduate Awards.
This comprises 6 Postgraduate Awards.
Master of Science (MSc)
PgDip, plus a thesis.