Contact Dr Thomas Budd
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754240
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
Dr Thomas Budd is a Lecturer in Airport Planning and Management in the Centre for Air Transport Management at Cranfield University, UK. His main areas of expertise include environmental planning and policy, airport surface access, and resilience and strategic planning.
Dr Budd joined Cranfield University in August 2014 having previously conducted his PhD research at Loughborough University, and held a research fellowship in the Centre for Transport Research at the University of Aberdeen.
Articles In Journals
- Cottrill C, Gault P, Yeboah G, Nelson J, Anable J & Budd T (2017) Tweeting Transit: an examination of social media strategies for transport information management during a large event, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 77 (April) 421-432.
- Morton C, Budd T, Harrison G & Mattioli G. (2016) Exploring the expectations of transport professionals concerning the future automobility system: Visions, challenges, and transitions, International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, 11 (7) 493-506.
- Budd L, Ison S & Budd T (2016) Improving the environmental performance of airport surface access in the UK: The role of public transport, Research in Transportation Economics, 59 185-195.
- Budd T (2016) An exploratory examination of additional ground access trips generated by airport ‘meeter-greeters’, Journal of Air Transport Management, 53 (June) 242-251.
- Budd L, Ison S & Budd T (2015) Developing air cargo operations at regional airports, Proceedings of the ICE - Transport, 168 (2) 124-131.
- Budd T, Budd L & Ison S (2015) Environmentally sustainable practices at UK airports, Proceedings of the ICE - Transport, 168 (2) 116-123.
- Budd T, Ryley T & Ison S (2014) Airport ground access and private car use: a segmentation analysis, Journal of Transport Geography, 36 (April) 106-115.
- Budd L, Ison S & Budd T (2013) An empirical examination of the growing phenomenon of off-site residential car parking provision: the situation at UK airports, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 54 (August) 26-34.
- Budd L, Budd T & Jefferson J (2012) The importance of collaborative dialogue in the aircraft noise debate: examples of flightpath changes at UK airports, Journal of Airport Management, 7 (1) 71-87.
- Budd T, Ison S & Ryley T (2011) Airport surface access management: Issues and policies, Journal of Airport Management, 6 (1) 80-97.
- Budd T, Ison S & Ryley T (2011) Airport surface access in the UK: A management perspective, Research in Transportation Business and Management, 1 (1) 109-117.
- Budd T & Mayer R (2017) Air Cargo. In: The Routledge Handbook of Transport Economics, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK: Routledge, p. 385-403.