Areas of expertise
Dr Campo has a B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Valladolid, Spain. In 2009, he obtained his Ph.D. in Environmental Science from the University of Cincinnati, USA where he held a postdoctoral fellowship from 2009 to 2011. Before joining Cranfield University in November 2015, Dr. Campo was appointed Research Assistant Professor and Director of the Environmental Analysis Center in the Department of Biomedical, Chemical and Environmental Engineering at the University of Cincinnati.
Dr Campo is the lecturer of applied chemistry at CWSI. He is also the Programme manager of STREAM, the Industrial Doctoral Centre for the UK Water Sector.
Severn Trent Water
U.K. Water Industry Research
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Water Environment & Reuse Foundation
Articles In Journals
- Cipullo S, Prpich G, Campo P & Coulon F (2018) Assessing bioavailability of complex mixtures in contaminated soils: progress made and research needs, Science of the Total Environment, 615 (Feburary) 708-723.
- Hargreaves A, Vale P, Whelan J, Alibardi L, Constantino C, Dotro G, Cartmell E & Campo P (2018) Impacts of coagulation-flocculation treatment on the size distribution and bioavailability of trace metals (Cu, Pb, Ni, Zn) in municipal wastewater, Water Research, 128 120-128.
- Dominguez S, Huebra M, Han C, Campo P, Nadagouda MN, Rivero MJ, Ortiz I & Dionysiou DD (2017) Magnetically recoverable TiO2-WO3 photocatalyst to oxidize bisphenol A from model wastewater under simulated solar light, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24 (14) 12589-12598.
- Ojoghoro JO, Chaudhary AJ, Campo P, Sumpter JP & Scrimshaw MD (2017) Progesterone potentially degrades to potent androgens in surface waters, Science of the Total Environment, 579 1876-1884.
- Hargreaves AJ, Vale P, Whelan J, Constantino C, Dotro G, Campo P & Cartmell E (2017) Distribution of trace metals (Cu, Pb, Ni, Zn) between particulate, colloidal and truly dissolved fractions in wastewater treatment, Chemosphere, 175 (May) 239-246.
- Techtmann SM, Zhuang M, Campo P, Holder E, Elk M, Hazen TC, Conmy R & Santo Domingo JW (2017) COREXIT 9500 enhances oil biodegradation and changes microbial community structure of oil-enriched microcosms, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 83 (10).
- Ramos AM, Whelan MJ, Cosgrove S, Villa R, Jefferson B, Campo P, Jarvis P & Guymer I (2017) A multi‐component method to determine pesticides in surface water by liquid‐chromatography tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry, Water and Environment Journal, Early online (3).
- Sundaravadivelu D, Suidan M, Venosa A, Rosales P, Campo-Moreno P & Conmy R (2016) Development of a testing protocol for oil solidifier effectiveness evaluation, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 18 (4) 1141-1150.
- Chen L, Campo P & Kupferle M (2015) Identification of chlorinated oligomers formed during anodic oxidation of phenol in the presence of chloride, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 283 574-581.
- Campo P, Venosa A & Suidan M (2013) Biodegradability of Corexit 9500 and dispersed South Louisiana crude oil at 5 and 25°C, Environmental Science and Technology, 47 (4) 1960-1967.
- Scott D, Hidaka T, Campo P, Kleiner E, Suidan M & Venosa A (2013) Biological nitrogen and carbon removal in a gravity flow biomass concentrator reactor for municipal sewage treatment, Chemosphere, 90 (4) 1412-1418.
- Barndõk H, Peláez M, Han C, Platten W, Campo P, Hermosilla D, Blanco A & Dionysiou D (2013) Photocatalytic degradation of contaminants of concern with composite NF-TiO2 films under visible and solar light, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 20 (6) 3582-3591.
- Campo P, Zhao Y, Suidan M & Venosa A (2012) Aerobic fate and impact of canola oil in aquatic media, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 14 (1) 125-132.
- Campo P, Platten W, Suidan M, Chai Y & Davis J (2011) Aerobic biodegradation of amines in industrial saline wastewaters, Chemosphere, 85 (7) 1199-1203.
- Campo P, Suidan M, Chai Y & Davis J (2010) A liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry study of ethanolamines in high salinity industrial wastewaters, Talanta, 80 (3) 1110-1115.
- Musson S, Campo P, Tolaymat T, Suidan M & Townsend T (2010) Assessment of the anaerobic degradation of six active pharmaceutical ingredients, Science of the Total Environment, 408 (9) 2068-2074.
- Venosa A, Campo P & Suidan M (2010) Biodegradability of lingering crude oil 19 years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill, Environmental Science and Technology, 44 (19) 7613-7621.
- Campo P, Zhao Y, Suidan M, Venosa A & Sorial G (2007) Biodegradation kinetics and toxicity of vegetable oil triacylglycerols under aerobic conditions, Chemosphere, 68 (11) 2054-2062.
- Campo P, Sorial G, Suidan M & Venosa A (2006) Statistical evaluation of an analytical GC/MS method for the determination of long chain fatty acids, Talanta, 68 (3) 888-894.
- Campo Moreno P, Coagulation–flocculation process with metal salts, synthetic polymers and biopolymers for the removal of trace metals (Cu, Pb, Ni, Zn) from municipal wastewater, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, Accepted.
- Campo P, Zhao Y, Suidan M & Sorial G Biodegradation patterns and toxicity of the constituents of canola oil. In: 8th International In Situ and On-Site Bioremediation Symposium, Baltimore, 6 June 2005.