Contact Dr Pablo Campo Moreno
Areas of expertise
- Water Science and Engineering
Dr Campo has a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Valladolid, Spain. In 2009, he obtained his Ph.D. in Environmental Science from the University of Cincinnati, USA where he held a postdoctoral fellowship from 2009 to 2011. Before joining Cranfield University in November 2015, Dr Campo was appointed Research Assistant Professor and Director of the Environmental Analysis Center in the Department of Biomedical, Chemical and Environmental Engineering at the University of Cincinnati.
Dr Campo is the lecturer of applied chemistry at CWSI. He is also the Programme manager of STREAM, the Industrial Doctoral Centre for the UK Water Sector.
Severn Trent Water
U.K. Water Industry Research
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Water Environment & Reuse Foundation
Articles In Journals
- Pulleyblank C, Cipullo S, Campo P, Kelleher B & Coulon F (2019) Analytical progress and challenges for the detection of oxygenated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon transformation products in aqueous and soil environmental matrices: A review, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 49 (5) 357-409.
- Sakaya K, Salam DA & Campo P (2019) Assessment of crude oil bioremediation potential of seawater and sediments from the shore of Lebanon in laboratory microcosms, Science of the Total Environment, 660 (April) 227-235.
- Campo P, Holmes A. & Coulon F (2019) A method for the characterisation of microplastics in sludge, MethodsX, 6 2776-2781.
- Mercer E, Davey CJ, Campo-Moreno P, Fowler D, Williams L, Kolios A, Parker AH, Tyrrel S, Walton C, Cartmell E, Pidou M & McAdam EJ (2019) Quantification of liquid phase faecal odourants to evaluate membrane technology for wastewater reuse from decentralised sanitation facilities, Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 5 (1) 161-171.
- Cipullo S, Snapir B, Prpich G, Campo P & Coulon F (2019) Prediction of bioavailability and toxicity of complex chemical mixtures through machine learning models, Chemosphere, 215 (January) 388-395.
- Cipullo S, Negrin I, Claveau L, Snapir B, Tardif S, Pulleyblank C, Prpich G, Campo P & Coulon F (2019) Linking bioavailability and toxicity changes of complex chemicals mixture to support decision making for remediation endpoint of contaminated soils, Science of the Total Environment, 650 (2) 2150-2163.
- Longo S, Mauricio-Iglesias M, Soares A, Campo P, Fatone F, Eusebi AL, Akkersdijk E, Stefani L & Hospido A (2019) ENERWATER – A standard method for assessing and improving the energy efficiency of wastewater treatment plants, Applied Energy, 242 (May) 897-910.
- Hermosilla D, Han C, Nadagouda M, Machala L, Gascó A, Campo P & Dionysiou DD (2019) Environmentally friendly synthesized and magnetically recoverable designed ferrite photo-catalysts for wastewater treatment applications, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Available online 10 September 2019, Article No. 121200.
- Cipullo S, Nawar S, Mouazen AM, Campo-Moreno P & Coulon F (2019) Predicting bioavailability change of complex chemical mixtures in contaminated soils using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy and random forest regression, Scientific Reports, 9 Article No. 4492.
- Hargreaves AJ, Vale P, Whelan J, Alibardi L, Constantino C, Dotro G, Cartmell E & Campo P (2018) Coagulation–flocculation process with metal salts, synthetic polymers and biopolymers for the removal of trace metals (Cu, Pb, Ni, Zn) from municipal wastewater, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 20 (2) 393-402.
- Hargreaves A, Vale P, Whelan J, Alibardi L, Constantino C, Dotro G, Cartmell E & Campo P (2018) Impacts of coagulation-flocculation treatment on the size distribution and bioavailability of trace metals (Cu, Pb, Ni, Zn) in municipal wastewater, Water Research, 128 (January) 120-128.
- Cipullo S, Snapir B, Tardif S, Campo P, Prpich G & Coulon F (2018) Insights into mixed contaminants interactions and its implication for heavy metals and metalloids mobility, bioavailability and risk assessment, Science of the Total Environment, 645 (December) 662-673.
- Lakshminarasimman N, Quiñones O, Vanderford BJ, Campo-Moreno P, Dickenson EV & McAvoy DC (2018) Biotransformation and sorption of trace organic compounds in biological nutrient removal treatment systems, Science of the Total Environment, 640-641 (November) 62-72.
- Deshpande RS, Sundaravadivelu D, Techmann S, Conmy RN, Santo Domingo JW & Campo P (2018) Microbial degradation of Cold Lake blend and Western Canadian select dilbits by freshwater enrichments, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 352 (June) 111-120.
- Cipullo S, Prpich G, Campo P & Coulon F (2018) Assessing bioavailability of complex chemical mixtures in contaminated soils: progress made and research needs, Science of the Total Environment, 615 (February) 708-723.
- Goodwin L, Carra I, Campo P & Soares A (2018) Treatment options for reclaiming wastewater produced by the pesticide industry, International Journal of Water and Wastewater Treatment, 4 (1).
- Ojoghoro JO, Chaudhary AJ, Campo P, Sumpter JP & Scrimshaw MD (2017) Progesterone potentially degrades to potent androgens in surface waters, Science of the Total Environment, 579 (February) 1876-1884.
- Dominguez S, Huebra M, Han C, Campo P, Nadagouda MN, Rivero MJ, Ortiz I & Dionysiou DD (2017) Magnetically recoverable TiO2-WO3 photocatalyst to oxidize bisphenol A from model wastewater under simulated solar light, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24 (14) 12589-12598.
- Hargreaves AJ, Vale P, Whelan J, Constantino C, Dotro G, Campo P & Cartmell E (2017) Distribution of trace metals (Cu, Pb, Ni, Zn) between particulate, colloidal and truly dissolved fractions in wastewater treatment, Chemosphere, 175 (May) 239-246.
- Techtmann SM, Zhuang M, Campo P, Holder E, Elk M, Hazen TC, Conmy R & Santo Domingo JW (2017) COREXIT 9500 enhances oil biodegradation and changes microbial community structure of oil-enriched microcosms, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 83 (10).
- Ramos AM, Whelan MJ, Cosgrove S, Villa R, Jefferson B, Campo P, Jarvis P & Guymer I (2017) A multi‐component method to determine pesticides in surface water by liquid‐chromatography tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry, Water and Environment Journal, 31 (3) 380-387.
- Sundaravadivelu D, Suidan M, Venosa A, Rosales P, Campo-Moreno P & Conmy R (2016) Development of a testing protocol for oil solidifier effectiveness evaluation, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 18 (4) 1141-1150.
- Chen L, Campo P & Kupferle M (2015) Identification of chlorinated oligomers formed during anodic oxidation of phenol in the presence of chloride, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 283 574-581.
- Campo P, Venosa A & Suidan M (2013) Biodegradability of Corexit 9500 and dispersed South Louisiana crude oil at 5 and 25°C, Environmental Science and Technology, 47 (4) 1960-1967.
- Scott D, Hidaka T, Campo P, Kleiner E, Suidan M & Venosa A (2013) Biological nitrogen and carbon removal in a gravity flow biomass concentrator reactor for municipal sewage treatment, Chemosphere, 90 (4) 1412-1418.
- Barndõk H, Peláez M, Han C, Platten W, Campo P, Hermosilla D, Blanco A & Dionysiou D (2013) Photocatalytic degradation of contaminants of concern with composite NF-TiO2 films under visible and solar light, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 20 (6) 3582-3591.
- Campo P, Zhao Y, Suidan M & Venosa A (2012) Aerobic fate and impact of canola oil in aquatic media, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 14 (1) 125-132.
- Campo P, Platten W, Suidan M, Chai Y & Davis J (2011) Aerobic biodegradation of amines in industrial saline wastewaters, Chemosphere, 85 (7) 1199-1203.
- Campo P, Suidan M, Chai Y & Davis J (2010) A liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry study of ethanolamines in high salinity industrial wastewaters, Talanta, 80 (3) 1110-1115.
- Musson S, Campo P, Tolaymat T, Suidan M & Townsend T (2010) Assessment of the anaerobic degradation of six active pharmaceutical ingredients, Science of the Total Environment, 408 (9) 2068-2074.
- Venosa A, Campo P & Suidan M (2010) Biodegradability of lingering crude oil 19 years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill, Environmental Science and Technology, 44 (19) 7613-7621.
- Campo P, Zhao Y, Suidan M, Venosa A & Sorial G (2007) Biodegradation kinetics and toxicity of vegetable oil triacylglycerols under aerobic conditions, Chemosphere, 68 (11) 2054-2062.
- Campo P, Sorial G, Suidan M & Venosa A (2006) Statistical evaluation of an analytical GC/MS method for the determination of long chain fatty acids, Talanta, 68 (3) 888-894.
- Campo P, Zhao Y, Suidan M & Sorial G Biodegradation patterns and toxicity of the constituents of canola oil. In: 8th International In Situ and On-Site Bioremediation Symposium, Baltimore, 6 June 2005.