Contact Dr Muhammad Khan
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754788
- Email: Muhammad.A.Khan@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Aerospace Structures
- Sensor Technologies
- Smart Materials
- Through-life Engineering Services
Upon receiving his Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from NEDUET Karachi in 2002, he joined Technology Promotion Internationals (Head Quarter: Maryland USA) for more than 3 years in the capacity of a Research Engineer. In these years, he was involved in fault diagnosis of defence applications mainly funded by General Dynamics including US Marines Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV) and Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement (MTVR). In 2006, he went to The University of Manchester for his master's leading to doctoral studies and completed his PhD in 2008 with more than 12 publications and 2 patent applications in the area of fatigue of gear assemblies. Later, he joined the University of Hertfordshire as a post-doctoral research associate in 2009 for two years. Where he worked on a UK MOD project related to aerospace transmission fatigue diagnosis and partnered with the University of Manchester, the University of Warwick and QinetiQ, he briefly taught Mechanical Engineering at Universiti Teknologi Petronas (Malaysia) as a lecturer in 2011 and the same year he then joined National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) Pakistan as an Assistant Professor. At NUST, he established a Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) centre and being the Head of the Postgraduate Programme started a new Master's in Computational Mechanics.
Dr Khan has experience in teaching UG and PG courses at leading universities in the UK, Malaysia, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan. He received an ‘Outstanding contribution’ award from the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing at Cranfield University in 2020 and was nominated in the categories of best teacher and supervisor. The MSc in Maintenance Engineering and Asset Management (MEAM) was written, approved and launched under the leadership of Dr Khan as Course Director at Cranfield. The course has attracted both fresh graduates and professionals from the industry. National and International Companies including Boeing, BAE systems, Network Rail, MOD UK, MOD Turkey, Garuda Indonesia Airways, Pertokimia Gresik Indonesia, Shell Nigeria and OQ Oman have sent their employees for the course in the last two years.
He has been involved in industrial and academic research for the last 20 years. He has successfully supervised 8 PhD, 60 MSc and 100+ Undergraduate students. His focused areas of research interest are: Crack propagation in metallic, 3D printed polymeric structures and machine components, Experimental evaluation of damage and prediction of useful life, Non-destructive testing methodologies and Tribological phenomenon in mechanical contacts. Dr Khan is a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and a Full member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) UK.
Dr Khan is currently working with his research group including 1 Post-Doctoral Fellow, 21 Doctoral and 6 MSc students in the following five areas of research:
i. Structural health monitoring
ii. Wear and Noise interdependency
iii. Smart-printed surfaces and materials
iv. Environmentally assisted material degradation
v. Asset maintenance and health assessment
Corresponding laboratories in all the above areas have been established at Cranfield since 2017. Students with self-funding sponsorships and industrial clients are welcome to contact us for details about the ongoing research in the above areas.
1- Vibration response and damage propagation in mechanical structures. Sponsored by UTC Aerospace System, Govt of KSA and Libyan Govt
This project involves analysis of crack propagation in metallic, 3D printed polymeric and concrete structures under resonant load and elevated temperature. The aim of the analysis is to develop a mathematical relationship that can estimate the crack propagation, fatigue and fracture life of material with reliability.
Modeling damage by using dynamic response
in complex geometrical structures. Sponsored by Cummins
Cummins UK is a specialist in making battery packs for electric vehicles. However, the damage in these battery packs is still an issue to diagnose due to composite shapes and complex geometries of constituent elements. Cranfield is working with Cummins to establish the theoretical foundation which can allow an analysis of the dynamic response available in a multicomponent complex geometrical structure under normal working conditions.
Sub-surface damage quantification. Sponsored by PTDF Nigeria and Libyan Govt
This work focuses on the damage quantification of critical soil-embedded structures. Ultrasonic damage detection methodology is currently being proposed. A model is under development which can allow using the guided wave formulation with a reduced reflection factor and reliable prediction.
Condition monitoring of misaligned gear
systems via vibration and acoustics measurement techniques. Sponsored by PTDF Nigeria and Govt of KSA.
The scope of this project is to investigate the behaviour of gear failures under shafts' misaligned loads. Specifically focuses on fatigue failure of gears and its effects on vibration and acoustic spectrum.
Surface wear prediction with airborne
noise. Sponsored by Libyan Govt
The scope of this project is to model the interdependencies between surface wear of mechanical contacts with its inevitable generated noise. The research is currently being investigated on the mentioned interdependencies at the aspherical level of mechanical contacts in dry and lubrication conditions.
Model the material damage parameters with
pipe-line leakage rate (Sponsored by Libyan Govt)
The scope of this project is to investigate the key damage mechanisms of metallic pipelines and their relationship with leakage initiation and rate. This research will model the leakage rate with environmental-assisted damage parameters as an input.
List of selected research projects (completed):
7. 3D printed polymeric materials for making self-cleaning fabrics (Jan 2018 – Sep 2022) (PhD sponsorship by Govt. of Saudi Arabia) Two doctoral students completed their PhDs in developing self-cleaning fabrics interfacing with traditional textile fabrics.
8. Logistics Technology Investigation (March 2020 – March 2022) (Sponsored by DSTL)
This project was led by Atkins and sponsored by DSTL, while Cranfield acted as the academic lead. Being academic lead, Cranfield was responsible for technical support in WP-5 which related to Maintenance and Repair practices in MOD.
9. Intelligent Condition Monitoring (Jan 2018 – May 2018) (Sponsored by MOD/Atkins)
Developing a method of assessing suitable HUMS technologies and techniques for Land Equipment systems and sub-systems by defining suitability criteria.
10. Design and Development luggage prototype based thermoplastic composites (Jan 2018 –Sept 2018) (Sponsored by EU)
Develop the methodology for making a luggage prototype from thermoplastic composites by using a conventional manufacturing process. A numerical study is also being performed for characterizing the impact and buckling resistance of the prototype.
11. Development of empirical correlation between noise and wear phenomenon (March 2014 – April 2016) (PG/UG students research thesis work) Funding Agency: Department of Engineering Sciences, NUST-PNEC, Pakistan
12. Wear debris analysis-based condition monitoring kit (Jan 2013-April 2014) Funding Agency: Ministry of Defense Productions, Pakistan
13. Design and development of a low-cost torsion loading mechanism for a gear test rig (Sep 2011-May 2012) Partially funded by the National University of Science and Technology, PNEC Campus, Pakistan
14. Design and simulation of a hydraulic system for a 6-degree motion platform. (Jan 2012 – Dec 2012) Proposed Agency: National Development Complex (NDC), Islamabad, Pakistan.
15. Dynamic test facility. (Jan 2011 –July 2011) Funding Agency: Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Perak, Malaysia.
16. Gear root fatigue failure with misalignment loads. (April 2009 –Jan 2011) Funding Agency: QinetiQ and Ministry of Defense UK.
17. Automation of wear debris analysis for machine health diagnosis. (Jan 2006 –Nov 2008) Sponsored Agency (for PhD research): NUST
Research Activities as a ‘Research Engineer’ at Technology Promotion International Ltd (July 2002 – Nov 2005)
18. Assembly to a fault, and fault to parts mapping of Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV). Funding Agency: General Dynamics
19. Prototype of Real-Time Fault and Usage Data Monitoring of EFV and Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement (MTVR). Funding Agency: General Dynamics
20. Design and development of an innovative next-generation infant car seat-cum-carrier; considering the aspects of human factor engineering as per NHSTA Safety Rules.
21. Modeling and simulation for three patented locks with three accused locks mechanisms. Conducted a motion-time study to prove the infringement.
22. Airborne telemetry receiver system framework by using Matlab and Simulink. Funding Agency: Malibu Research
Articles In Journals
- Khalel HHZ & Khan M (2023) Modelling fibre-reinforced concrete for predicting optimal mechanical properties, Materials, 16 (10) Article No. 3700.
- Alqahtani I, Starr A & Khan M (2023) Coupled effects of temperature and humidity on fracture toughness of Al–Mg–Si–Mn alloy, Materials, 16 (11) Article No. 4066.
- He F, Ning H & Khan M (2023) Effect of 3D printing process parameters on damping characteristic of cantilever beams fabricated using material extrusion, Polymers, 15 (2) Article No. 257.
- Agala A, Khan M & Starr A (2023) Degradation mechanisms associated with metal pipes and the effective impact of LDMs and LLMs in water transport and distribution, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 237 (8) 1855-1876.
- Francese A, Khan M & He F (2023) Role of dynamic response in inclined transverse crack inspection for 3D-printed polymeric beam with metal stiffener, Materials, 16 (8) Article No. 3095.
- Khalel MMZ, Khan M & Starr A (2023) Dynamic response-based crack resistance analysis of fibre reinforced concrete beams under different temperatures and crack depths, Journal of Building Engineering, 66 (May) Article No. 105865.
- Omar I, Khan M & Starr A (2023) Suitability analysis of machine learning algorithms for crack growth prediction based on dynamic response data, Sensors, 23 (3) Article No. 1074.
- Almutairi MD, Mascarenhas TA, Alnahdi SS, He F & Khan MA (2023) Modal response of hybrid raster orientation on material extrusion printed acrylonitrile butadiene styrene and polyethylene terephthalate glycol under thermo-mechanical loads, Polymer Testing, 120 (March) Article No. 107953.
- Chan KP, He F, Atwah AA & Khan M (2023) Experimental investigation of self-cleaning behaviour of 3D-printed textile fabrics with various printing parameters, Polymer Testing, 119 (February) Article No. 107941.
- Atwah AA & Khan M (2023) Influence of microscopic features on the self-cleaning ability of textile fabrics, Textile Research Journal, 93 (1-2) 450-467.
- Yang Z, He F & Khan M (2023) An empirical torsional spring model for the inclined crack in a 3D-printed acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) cantilever beam, Polymers, 15 (3) Article No. 496.
- He F, Khan M & Aldosari S (2022) Interdependencies between dynamic response and crack growth in a 3D-printed acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) cantilever beam under thermo-mechanical loads, Polymers, 14 (5) Article No. 982.
- Rojas OE & Khan MA (2022) A review on electrical and mechanical performance parameters in lithium-ion battery packs, Journal of Cleaner Production, 378 (December) Article No. 134381.
- Preethikaharshini J, Naresh K, Rajeshkumar G, Arumugaprabu V, Khan MA & Khan KA (2022) Review of advanced techniques for manufacturing biocomposites: non-destructive evaluation and artificial intelligence assisted modeling, Journal of Materials Science, 57 (34) 16091-16146.
- Alqahtani IM, Starr A & Khan M (2022) Experimental and theoretical aspects of crack assisted failures of metallic alloys in corrosive environments – a review, Materials Today: Proceedings, 66 (4) 2530-2535.
- Omar I, Khan M & Starr A (2022) Compatibility and challenges in machine learning approach for structural crack assessment, Structural Health Monitoring, 21 (5) 2481-2502.
- Atwah AA, Almutairi MD, He F & Khan MA (2022) Influence of printing parameters on self-cleaning properties of 3D printed polymeric fabrics, Polymers, 14 (15) Article No. 3128.
- Almutairi MD, Alnahdi SS & Khan MA (2022) Strain release behaviour during crack growth of a polymeric beam under elastic loads for self-healing, Polymers, 14 (15) Article No. 3102.
- Samuel OC, Starr A & Muhammad KA (2022) Monitoring evolution of debris-filled damage using pre-modulated wave and guided wave ultrasonic testing (GWUT), Measurement, 199 (August) Article No. 111558.
- He F, Alshammari YLA & Khan M (2022) The effect of printing parameters on crack growth rate of FDM ABS cantilever beam under thermo-mechanical loads, Procedia Structural Integrity, 34 59-64.
- Abusabir A, Khan MA, Asif M & Khan KA (2022) Effect of architected structural members on the viscoelastic response of 3D printed simple cubic lattice structures, Polymers, 14 (3) Article No. 618.
- Lontin K, Khan M & Alharbi B (2022) Investigation of the effect of temperature on the wear rate and airborne noise in sliding wear, Materials, 15 (3) Article No. 812.
- He F, Kumar VK & Khan M (2021) Evolution and new horizons in modelling crack mechanics of 3D printing polymeric structures, Materials Today Chemistry, 20 (June) Article No. 100393.
- Kamei K, Khan MA & Khan KA (2021) Characterising modal behaviour of a cantilever beam at different heating rates for isothermal conditions, Applied Sciences, 11 (10) Article No. 4375.
- Kamei K & Khan MA (2021) Investigating the structural dynamics and crack propagation behavior under uniform and non-uniform temperature conditions, Materials, 14 (22) Article No. 7071.
- Shams H, Basit K, Khan MA, Mansoor A & Saleem S (2021) Scalable wear resistant 3D printed slippery liquid infused porous surfaces (SLIPS), Additive Manufacturing, 48, Part A (December) Article No. 102379.
- Khalel H, Khan M, Starr A, Khan KA & Muhammad A (2021) Performance of engineered fibre reinforced concrete (EFRC) under different load regimes: a review, Construction and Building Materials, 306 (November) Article No. 124692.
- Alshammari YLA, He F & Khan MA (2021) Modelling and investigation of crack growth for 3D-printed acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) with various printing parameters and ambient temperatures, Polymers, 13 (21) Article No. 3737.
- Aldosari SM, Khan MA & Rahatekar S (2021) Manufacturing pitch and polyethylene blends-based fibres as potential carbon fibre precursors, Polymers, 13 (9) Article No. 1445.
- Khan KA, Alhajeri F & Khan MA (2021) Micromechanical modeling approach with simplified boundary conditions to compute electromechanical properties of architected piezoelectric composites, Smart Materials and Structures, 30 (3) Article No. 035013.
- Shams H, Basit K, Khan MA, Saleem S & Mansoor A (2021) Realizing surface amphiphobicity using 3D printing techniques: A critical move towards manufacturing low-cost reentrant geometries, Additive Manufacturing, 38 (February) Article No. 101777.
- Lontin K & Khan MA (2021) Wear and airborne noise interdependency at asperitical level: analytical modelling and experimental validation, Materials, 14 (23) Article No. 7308.
- Alotaibi M, Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Khan M (2021) Non-invasive inspections: a review on methods and tools, Sensors, 21 (24) Article No. 8474.
- Al Hassanieh S, Alhantoobi A, Khan KA & Khan MA (2021) Mechanical properties and energy absorption characteristics of additively manufactured lightweight novel re-entrant plate-based lattice structures, Polymers, 13 (22) Article No. 3882.
- He F & Khan M (2021) Effects of printing parameters on the fatigue behaviour of 3D-printed ABS under dynamic thermo-mechanical loads, Polymers, 13 (14) Article No. 2362.
- Aldosari SM, Khan MA & Rahatekar S (2021) Influence of high-concentration LLDPE on the manufacturing process and morphology of pitch/LLDPE fibres, Crystals, 11 (9) Article No. 1099.
- Khan KA, Alshaer MH & Khan MA (2021) A novel twofold symmetry architected metamaterials with high compressibility and negative Poisson's ratio, Advanced Engineering Materials, 23 (5) Article No. 2001041.
- Lontin K & Khan M (2021) Interdependence of friction, wear, and noise: a review, Friction, 9 (December) 1319-1345.
- Olisa SC, Khan MA & Starr A (2021) Review of current guided wave ultrasonic testing (GWUT) limitations and future directions, Sensors, 21 (3) Article No. 811.
- Rahman A, Khan MA & Mushtaq A (2021) Predictive modeling of surface wear in mechanical contacts under lubricated and non-lubricated conditions, Sensors, 21 (4) Article No. 1160.
- Aloseel A, H He, Shaw C & Khan MA (2021) Analytical review of cybersecurity for embedded systems, IEEE Access, 9 961-982.
- Behzad AZ, Muhammad AK, Kamran AK & Asif M (2020) A novel approach for damage quantification using the dynamic response of a metallic beam under thermo-mechanical loads, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 469 (March) Article No. 115134.
- Dukhi Almutairi M, Indrat Aria A, Kumar Thakur V & Khan MA (2020) Self-healing mechanisms for 3D-printed polymeric structures: from lab to reality, Polymers, 12 (7) Article No. 1534.
- Kamei K & Khan MA (2020) Current challenges in modelling vibrational fatigue and fracture of structures: a review, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 43 (2) Article No. 77.
- Al-Shdifat A, Emmanouilidis C, Khan M & Starr AG (2020) Ontology – based context resolution in internet of things enabled diagnostics, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 53 (3) 251-256.
- Fleet T, Kamei K, He F, Khan MA, Khan KA & Starr A (2020) A machine learning approach to model interdependencies between dynamic response and crack propagation, Sensors, 20 (23) Article No. 6847.
- Zai BA, Khan MA, Khan SZ, Asif M, Khan KA, Saquib AN, Mansoor A, Shahzad M & and Mujtaba A (2020) Prediction of crack depth and fatigue life of an acrylonitrile butadiene styrene cantilever beam using dynamic response, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 48 (2) 1520-1536.
- Khalid MS, Nisar S, Khan SZ, Khan MA & Troesch AW (2020) Simulation of blended nonlinear hydrodynamics forces using radial basis function in uniform moving frame, Ocean Engineering, 198 (February) Article No. 106994.
- Aldosari SM, Khan M & Rahatekar S (2020) Manufacturing carbon fibres from pitch and polyethylene blend precursors: a review, Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 9 (4) 7786-7806.
- Al-Shdifat A, Emmanouilidis C, Khan M & Starr AG (2020) Ontology-based context modeling in physical asset integrity management, Frontiers in Computer Science, 2 (October) Article No. 578673.
- Khan S, Nisar S, Shah A, Khan K, Zai B, Khan M, Park M, Shahzad M & Shahzad M (2019) Low-velocity impact characterization of fiber-reinforced composites with hygrothermal effect, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 47 (1) 350-360.
- Khan K & Khan M (2019) 3-3 piezoelectric metamaterial with negative and zero Poisson's ratio for hydrophones applications, Materials Research Bulletin, 112 (April) 194-204.
- Baqasah H, He F, Zai BA, Asif M, Khan KA, Thakur VK & Khan MA (2019) In-situ dynamic response measurement for damage quantification of 3D printed ABS cantilever beam under thermomechanical load, Polymers, 11 (12) Article No. 2079.
- Zai B, Khan M, Mansoor A, Khan S & Khan K (2019) Instant dynamic response measurements for crack monitoring in metallic beams, Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 61 (4) 222-229.
- Asif M, Ramezani M, Khan KA, Khan MA & Aw KC (2019) Investigation of the strain-rate-dependent mechanical behavior of a photopolymer matrix composite with fumed nano-silica filler, Polymer Engineering and Science, 59 (8) 1695-1700.
- Asif M, Ramezani M, Khan AK, Muhammad AK & Aw KC (2019) Experimental and numerical study of the effect of silica filler on the tensile strength of a 3D-printed particulate nanocomposite, Comptes Rendus Mécanique, 347 (9) 615-625.
- Zai B, Khan MA, Khan KA, Mansoor A, Shah A & Shahzad M (2019) The role of dynamic response parameters in damage prediction, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 233 (13) 4620-4636.
- Khan M, Shahid M, Ahmed S, Khan S, Khan K, Ali S & Tariq M (2019) Gear misalignment diagnosis using statistical features of vibration and airborne sound spectrums, Measurement, 145 (October) 419-435.
- Khan KA, Al Mansoor S, Khan SZ & Khan AK (2019) Piezoelectric metamaterial with negative and zero Poisson's ratios, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 145 (12).
- Khan K, Hajeri F & Khan M (2019) Analytical and numerical assessment of the effect of highly conductive inclusions distribution on the thermal conductivity of particulate composites, Journal of Composite Materials, 53 (25) 3499-3514.
- Zahid U, Khan SZ, Khan MA, Bukhari HJ, Nisar S & Khan KA (2019) A methodology for flexibility analysis of pipeline systems, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 233 (4) 893-907.
- Khan M, Khan K, Khan S, Nisar S & Starr A (2018) Fracture life estimation of Al-1050 thin beams using empirical data and a numerical approach, Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 60 (7) 363-368.
- Choudhry RS, Sharif T, Khan KA, Khan SZ, Hassan A & Khan MA (2018) Predicting the effect of voids on mechanical properties of woven composites, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 406 Article No. 012007.
- Tariq M, Nisar S, Shah A, Akbar S, Khan MA & Khan SZ (2018) Effect of hybrid reinforcement on the performance of filament wound hollow shaft, Composite Structures, 184 (January) 378-387. Dataset/s: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2017.09.
- Muhammad A, Khan MA, Khan SZ, Choudhry RS & Khan KA (2018) Identification of an effective nondestructive technique for bond defect determination in laminate composites - a technical review, Journal of Composite Materials, 52 (26) 3589-3599.
- Saeed MU, Qureshi SR, Hashmi KJ, Khan MA & Danish SN (2018) Performance assessment of alternate refrigerants for retrofitting R22 based air conditioning system, Thermal Science, 22 (2) 931-941.
- Siddiqui MZ, Khan SZ, Khan MA, Shahzad M, Khan KA & Nisar S (2018) A novel test configuration design method for inverse identification of in-plane moduli of a composite plate under the PFEUM framework, Strain, 54 (5) Article No. e12280.
- Tariq M, Nisar S, Shah A, Mairaj T, Akbar S, Khan M & Khan S (2018) Effect of carbon fiber winding layer on torsional characteristics of filament wound composite shafts, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 40 (4) Article No. 198.
- Zahid U, Khan SZ, Khan MA, Bukhari HJ, Ahmed I & Khan KA (2018) A methodology for flexibility analysis of process piping, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 232 (6) 751-761.
- Khan MA, Basit K, Khan SZ, Khan KA & Starr AG (2017) Experimental assessment of multiple contact wear using airborne noise under dry and lubricated conditions, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology, 231 (12) 1503-1516.
- Erkoyuncu JA, Khan S, Eiroa AL, Butler N, Rushton K & Brocklebank S (2017) Perspectives on trading cost and availability for corrective maintenance at the equipment type level, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 168 (December) 53-69.
- Saleem F, Nisar S, Khan MA, Zia Khan S & Sheikh MA (2017) Overall equipment effectiveness of tyre curing press: a case study, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 23 (1) 39-55.
- Siddiqui MZ, Khan SZ, Khan MA, Shahzad M, Khan KA, Nisar S & Noman D (2017) A projected finite element update method for inverse identification of material constitutive parameters in transversely isotropic laminates, Experimental Mechanics, 57 (5) 755-772.
- Khan SZ, Khan MA, Tariq M, Khan KA, Khan TM & Ali T (2017) Response of Gaussian-modulated guided wave in aluminum: an analytical, numerical, and experimental study, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 231 (16) 3057-3065.
- Choudhry RS, Khan KA, Khan SZ, Khan MA & Hassan A (2017) Micromechanical modeling of 8-harness satin weave glass fiber-reinforced composites, Journal of Composite Materials, 51 (5) 705-720.
- Saqib W, Sherazi HI, Khan MA, Khan SZ & Khan KA (2016) An intelligent system for machinery wear debris analysis using evolutionary algorithms, Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 58 (12) 656-662.
- Khan KA, Khan SZ & Khan MA (2016) Effective thermal conductivity of two-phase composites containing highly conductive inclusions, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 35 (21) 1586-1599.
- Rafey Khan A, Nisar S, Shah A, Khan MA, Khan SZ & Sheikh MA (2016) Reducing machining distortion in AA 6061 alloy through re-heating technique, Materials Science and Technology, 33 (6) 731-737.
- Khan SZ, Khan TM, Joya YF, Khan MA, Ahmed S & Shah A (2016) Assessment of material properties of AISI 316L stainless steel using non-destructive testing, Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation, 31 (4) 360-370.
- Khan MA, Khan SZ, Sohail W, Khan H, Sohaib M & Nisar S (2015) Mechanical fatigue in aluminum at elevated temperature and remaining life prediction based on natural frequency evolution, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, 38 (8) 897-903.
- Khan MA, Cheema AF, Khan SZ & Qureshi S (2015) Image based portable wear debris analysis tool, Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, 67 (4) 389-398.
- Nisar S, Khan SZ, Khan MA, Li L & Sheikh MA (2014) Comparison of cut path deviation between CO2 and diode lasers in float-glass cutting, Journal of Russian Laser Research, 35 (2) 182-192.
- Khan MA, Hussnain RB, Basit K, Safdar M & Raza M (2013) Effect of lubricant on wear debris color diagnosis, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 5 (2) 89-99.
- Lias MR, Rao TVVLN, Awang M & Khan MA (2012) The stress distribution of gear tooth due to axial misalignment condition, Journal of Applied Sciences, 12 (23) 2404-2410.
- Kamei K & Khan MA (2022) Design of an experiment to analyze modal parameters in a crack and without crack conditions in the presence of thermal and mechanical vibration. In: 9th International Conference on Fracture, Fatigue and Wear (FFW 2021), Ghent, 2-3 August 2021.
- Khan SZ, Ahmed U, Qazi S, Nisar S, Khan MA, Khan KA, Rasheed F & Farhan M (2019) Frequency and amplitude measurement of a cantilever beam using image processing: with a feedback system. In: IBCAST - International Bhurban Conference on Applied Science and Technology, 2019, Islamabad, 8-12 January 2019.
- Badi N, Phang A, Edwards R, Chen Y, Rzeszucinski P, Sinha J, Mao K, Jones R, Curran A, Shepherd D, Starr A, Khan M, Allen B & Marshall M (2011) The EUCAMS gear partnership - a model of industry/academic collaboration. In: 8th International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Machinery Failure Prevention Technologies Conference, 2011, Cardiff, 20-22 June 2011.