Contact Dr Lisa Humphreys
Areas of expertise
- Defence Sensors
- Explosives and Munitions
- Structures and Materials
Dr Humphreys graduated from the University of Strathclyde with a MSci in Forensic and Analytical Chemistry (2006 - 2011). Following on from this she obtained her PhD entitled 'Mixing and Characterisation of Multi-Component Materials for Pyrotechnic Applications' (2011 - 2015) from the University of Southampton. Lisa joined Cranfield University in 2015 and now works as part of the formulations team to develop and characterise novel energetic material formulations.
Dr Humphreys is responsible for the development and delivery of research and education in energetic materials. She supports several formulation research contracts and investigates advanced novel mixing techniques and pressing geometries to support numerous research contracts. Lisa is also developing new metal organic frameworks (MOFs) for both detection purposes and for the generation of novel energetic materials.
Her main topics of interest include:
X-ray Diffraction and X-ray Tomography,
Public Engagement and Outreach
Dr Humphreys supervises MSc projects and supports PhD students with their research. She is also a visiting academic within the Chemistry department at the University of Southampton.
Articles In Journals
- Bhowon MG, Jhaumeer-Laulloo S, Moosun S, Humphreys L, Coles S, Fowdram R & Mungra E (2017) Formation and Structural Characterization of Metal Complexes derived from Thiosalicylic acid, Journal of Inorganic and General Chemistry / Zeitschrift für anorganische und allgemeine Chemie, 643 (18) 1167-1172.
- Moosun SB, Blair LH, Coles SJ, Bhowon MG & Jhaumeer-Laulloo S (2017) Synthesis, crystal structure and applications of palladium thiosalicylate complexes, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, 21 (4) 441-449.
- Moosun S, Jhaumeer-Laulloo S, Coles S, Blair L & Hosten E (2015) Slow diffusion in situ ruthenium/ligand reaction: crystal structures, fluorescence and biological properties, Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 62 71-76.
- Moosun S, Blair L, Coles S & Laulloo S (2015) Novel copper(II) thiodibenzoic acid coordination polymers by in situ extrusion of sulfur from 2,2-dithiodibenzoic acid and the unique oxidation of disulfide to sulfate, Journal of Inorganic and General Chemistry / Zeitschrift für anorganische und allgemeine Chemie, 641 (5) 890-895.
- Moosun SB, Blair L, Coles SJ, Bhowon M & Jhaumeer-Laulloo S (2014) Versatile coordinating capabilities of thiodibenzoic acid copper complexes bearing N-donor ligands, Transition Metal Chemistry, 40 (2) 161-169.
- Humphreys L, Wilson I, McAteer D & Pons JF (2018) Development of metal-organic framework (MOF) sensors for landmine detection. In: 17th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors - IMCS 2018, Vienna, 15-19 July 2018.
- McAteer D, Weaver M, Blair LH, Flood N & Gaulter S Compatibility assessment of thermoplastic formulations. In: 19th Seminar on new trends in research of energetic materials, Pardubice, 20-22 April 2016.
- Weaver M, Blair LH, Flood N & Stennett C A Review of the Mallet Impact Test for Small Scale Explosive Formulations. In: 19th Seminar on new trends in research of energetic materials, Pardubice, 20-22 April 2016.