Contact Dr Kristell Le Corre Pidou
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x5574
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
Kristell Le Corre completed her PhD on the understanding of struvite crystallisation at Cranfield University. She then worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Water Recycling at Cranfield University. She was in charge of co-ordinating the Centre’s research on water reclamation and reuse and in particular lead the contribution to the RECLAIM WATER EC funded research project on wastewater reclamation for aquifer recharge which included research activities in a set of international water reclamation and recharge case study sites. She also worked for the Gironde Council, Bordeaux, France, as Project Coordinator of the EU project Water and Territories (SUDOE – INTERREG IVB) aiming at opening new perspectives for water governance by promoting the cooperation between stakeholders involved in all sectors influenced by water usage. In 2010, she took on the position of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the Advanced Water Management Centre at the University of Queensland (Australia), where she led a research project on Hospital Wastewater. This project performed in the context of the Western Corridor recycling scheme looked at the contribution of hospitals to the load of pharmaceuticals in municipal wastewater. She returned to Cranfield University in 2014 as a Research Fellow in Water Reuse. She works on the collaborative project DEMOWARE “Innovation Demonstration for a competitive and Innovative European Water Reuse sector” supported by the European Commission under its Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7). She more specifically contributed to the "Exploitation and Growth" part of the project which led to the creation of Water Reuse Europe, the industry-association for water reuse in Europe.
Current activitiesKristell Le Corre Pidou’s current activities focus on Resource Recovery. She is involved in research projects on phosphorus removal using reactive media based constructed wetlands, the impact of rainwater harvesting in India on groundwater quality with specific reference to fluoride and micropollutants, water reuse for golf course irrigation. She is also involved in the UK collaboratorium for research and infrastructure (UKCRIC) and is the secretary of Water Reuse Europe.
- European Commission
- Thames Water
- Severn Trent Water
- Southern Water
- United Utilities
- Anglian Water
- Wessex Water
- Scottish Water
Articles In Journals
- Besançon A, Pidou M, Jeffrey P, Jefferson B & Le Corre K S (2017) Impact of pre-treatment technologies on soil aquifer treatment, Journal of Water Reuse and Desalination, 7 (1) 1-10.
- Besançon A, Le Corre KS, Dotro G & Jefferson B (2017) Assessment of activated sludge, membrane bioreactors and vertical flow wetlands for upgrading sewage treatment works, Environmental Technology, 38 (2) 154-162.
- Fawell J, Le Corre K & Jeffrey P (2016) Common or independent? The debate over regulations and standards for water reuse in Europe, International Journal of Water Resources Development, 32 (4) 559-572.
- Le Corre KS, Ort C, Kateley D, Allen B, Escher BI & Keller J (2012) Consumption-based approach for assessing the contribution of hospitals towards the load of pharmaceutical residues in municipal wastewater, Environment International, 45 99-111.
- Reif R, Besancon A, Lecorre K, Jefferson B, Lema JM & Omil F (2011) Comparison of PPCPs removal on a parallel-operated MBR and AS system and evaluation of effluent post treatment on vertical flow reed beds, Water Science and Technology, 63 (10) 2411-2417.
- Kadewa WW, Le Corre K, Pidou M, Jeffrey PJ & Jefferson B (2010) Comparison of grey water treatment performance by a cascading sand filter and a constructed wetland, Water Science and Technology, 62 (7) 1471-1478.
- Le Corre KS, Valsami-Jones E, Hobbs P & Parsons SA (2009) Phosphorus Recovery from Wastewater by Struvite Crystallization: A Review, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 39 (6) 433-477.
- Winward GP, Avery LM, Stephenson T, Jeffrey P, Le Corre KS, Fewtrell L & Jefferson B (2009) Pathogens in urban wastewaters suitable for reuse, Urban Water Journal, 6 (4) 291-301.
- Le Corre KS, Valsami-Jones E, Hobbs P, Jefferson B & Parsons SA (2007) Struvite crystallisation and recovery using a stainless steel structure as a seed material., Water Research, 41 (11) 2449-2456.
- Le Corre KS, Valsami-Jones E, Hobbs P & Parsons SA (2007) Kinetics of Struvite Precipitation: Effect of the Magnesium Dose on Induction Times and Precipitation Rates, Environmental Technology, 28 (12) 1317-1324.
- Le Corre KS, Valsami-Jones E, Hobbs P & Parsons SA (2007) Impact of Reactor Operation on Success of Struvite Precipitation from Synthetic Liquors, Environmental Technology, 28 (11) 1245-1256.
- Le Corre K, Valsami-Jones E, Hobbs P, Jefferson B & Parsons SA (2007) Agglomeration of struvite crystals, Water Research, 41 (2) 419-425.
- Basakcilardan-Kabakci S, Thompson A, Cartmell E & Le Corre K (2007) Adsorption and precipitation of tetracycline with struvite, Water Environment Research, 79 (13) 2551-2556.
- Le Corre KS, Valsami-Jones E, Hobbs P & Parsons SA (2005) Impact of calcium on struvite crystal size, shape and purity., Journal of Crystal Growth, 283 (3-4) 514-522.