Contact Dr Edgar Jimenez Perez
Areas of expertise
Edgar Jimenez completed his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in 2006, and a Post-Graduate Course in Highways and Transport in 2008. In 2011, he completed his Master's degree in Complex Transport Infrastructure Systems, where he studied airport competition and the effect of low-cost carriers (LCC) in aviation networks. By 2015 he received his PhD (cum laude) in Transport Systems from the MIT Portugal Programme (University of Porto - Massachusetts Institute of Technology) developing a framework for airport strategic planning in the context of LCC growth. He joined Cranfield University in 2018.
Edgar Jimenez has experience in the design of public policy for transport systems and sustainability, as well as over 10 years experience in university lecturing and research in transport systems and higher education. His research interests cover the topics of strategic airport planning, airport competition, urban mobility and integration and sustainability in transport systems.
- Colombian Civil Aviation Authority (Unidad Administrativa Especial de Aeronautica Civil)
- Interamerican Development Bank
Articles In Journals
- Jimenez E, Claro J, Pinho de Sousa J & de Neufville R (2017) Dynamic evolution of European airport systems in the context of low-cost carriers growth, Journal of Air Transport Management, 64 (September) 68-76.
- Mujica M, Boosten G, De Bock N, Jimenez E & Pinho de Sousa J (2017) Simulation-based turnaround evaluation for Lelystad Airport, Journal of Air Transport Management, 64 (September) 21-32.
- Jimenez E & Rengifo D (2016) Delivering user information in resource-constrained urban transit systems: the case of Ibague, Colombia, Transportation Research Procedia, 14 3257-3264.
- Jimenez E, Claro J & Pinho de Sousa J (2013) The airport business in a competitive environment, European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, 13 (4) 315-335.
- Jimenez E, Claro J & Pinho de sousa J (2012) Spatial and commercial evolution of aviation networks: A case study in mainland Portugal, Journal of Transport Geography, 24 383-395.
- Jimenez E, Claro J & Pinho de Sousa J (2013) The airport business in a competitive environment. In: 16th Euro Working Group on Transportation, 2013, Porto, 4 September 2013.
- Hernandez I, Lopez O, Bernal E, Jimenez E, Mazorco J & Sanchez F (2018) Ciencia con conciencia: Apagando el piloto automático y activando el piloto intencional en la cultura investigativa en América Latina. In: Research strategy, culture development and doctoral support : tools and techniques for Latin American universities, LAURDS - Latin American University Research and Doctoral Support.