Contact Dr David Ayre
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2542
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
Dr Ayre has 10 years experience of working in industry as a chemist in the nuclear power generation industry, where he worked on operating and commissioning AGR Power Stations
Dr Ayre is a Lecturer in Composites and Polymers in the Enhanced Composites and Structures Centre at Cranfield University. He is the course director for the Advanced Materials MSc and has research interests in polymer and composite toughening, composite manufacturing cost modelling, joining of composite structures, failure of polymeric coatings and recycling of polymeric materials.
Other research interests include mechanical, thermal and visual characterisation of materials.
Articles In Journals
- Joesbury AM, Colegrove PA, Van Rymenant P, Ayre DS, Ganguly S & Williams S (2018) Weld-bonded stainless steel to carbon fibre-reinforced plastic joints, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 251 241-250. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5379748.v1
- Wu T, Irving P, Ayre D, Jackson P & Zhao F (2017) Fatigue cracking behaviour of epoxy-based marine coatings on steel substrate under cyclic tension, International Journal of Fatigue, 99, Pt.1 (June) 13-24.
- Bhanushali R, Ayre D & Yazdani Nezhad H (2017) Tensile response of adhesively bonded composite-to-composite single-lap joints in the presence of bond deficiency, Procedia CIRP, 59 139-143.
- Wu T, Irving PE, Ayre D, Dell'Anno G, Jackson P & Zhao F (2016) Fracture of epoxy-based marine coatings as free films and substrated coatings under static tension, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 159.
- Yazdani Nezhad H, Ayre D, Addepalli P & Zhao Y Performance of aerospace composite bonded joints in the presence of process-induced defects. In: 39th International MATADOR Conference on Advanced Manufacturing, Manchester, 5-7 July 2017.