Contact Dr David Ayre
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2542
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
Dr Ayre has 10 years experience of working in industry as a chemist in the nuclear power generation industry, where he worked on operating and commissioning AGR Power Stations
Dr Ayre is a Lecturer in Composites and Polymers in the Enhanced Composites and Structures Centre at Cranfield University. He is the course director for the Advanced Materials MSc and has research interests in polymer and composite toughening, composite manufacturing cost modelling, joining of composite structures, failure of polymeric coatings and recycling of polymeric materials.
Other research interests include mechanical, thermal and visual characterisation of materials.
Articles In Journals
- Yazdani Nezhad H,Stratakis D, Ayre D, Addepalli S & Zhao Y (2018) Mechanical performance of composite bonded joints in the presence of localised process-induced zero-thickness defects, Procedia Manufacturing, 16 91-98.
- Joesbury AM, Colegrove PA, Van Rymenant P, Ayre DS, Ganguly S & Williams S (2018) Weld-bonded stainless steel to carbon fibre-reinforced plastic joints, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 251 241-250. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5379748.v1
- Ayre D (2018) Technology advancing polymers and polymer composites towards sustainability: A review, Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 13 108-112.
- Liu Y, Lemanski S, Zhang X, Ayre D & Yazdani Nezhad H (2018) A finite element study of fatigue crack propagation in single lap bonded joint with process-induced disbond, International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, Early online.
- Bhanushali R, Ayre D & Yazdani Nezhad H (2017) Tensile response of adhesively bonded composite-to-composite single-lap joints in the presence of bond deficiency, Procedia CIRP, 59 139-143.
- Wu T, Irving P, Ayre D, Jackson P & Zhao F (2017) Fatigue cracking behaviour of epoxy-based marine coatings on steel substrate under cyclic tension, International Journal of Fatigue, 99, Pt.1 (June) 13-24.
- Wu T, Irving PE, Ayre D, Dell'Anno G, Jackson P & Zhao F (2016) Fracture of epoxy-based marine coatings as free films and substrated coatings under static tension, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 159.
- Urbina SR, Ayre D & Yazdani Nezhad H (2018) Effect of hygrothermal cycles on mechanical performance of composite adhesively bonded joints. In: 18th European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM18), Athens, 24-28 June 2018.
- Li D, Prevost R, Ayre D, Yoosefinejad A, Lotfian S, Brennan F & Yazdani Nezhad H (2018) Development of damage tolerant composite laminates using ultra-thin interlaminar electrospun thermoplastic nanofibres. In: 18th European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM18), Athens, 24-28 June 2018.
- Yazdani Nezhad H, Ayre D, Addepalli P & Zhao Y Performance of aerospace composite bonded joints in the presence of process-induced defects. In: 39th International MATADOR Conference on Advanced Manufacturing, Manchester, 5-7 July 2017.
- Yiding L, Lemanski S, Zhang X, Ayre D & Yazdani Nezhad H Finite element study on the static and fatigue behaviour of wide single lap bonded joints with semi-circular defect. In: ICCS21: 21st International Conference on Composite Structures, Bologna, 4-7 September 2018.