Dr Da Huo is a Lecturer in Energy Systems Intelligence with the Centre for Energy Systems and Strategy at Cranfield University. His research covers the operation and planning of flexible resources, power distribution systems, and whole energy systems to facilitate the transition towards net-zero from the perspectives of network security, cost-effectiveness, reliability and resilience with the incorporation of renewable energy. Prior to joining Cranfield University, Da worked as a research associate for a EU H2020 MERLON project at Newcastle University from 2019 to 2021, focusing on microgrid optimisation. He received the Ph.D. degree from the University of Bath in 2018, focusing on the optimisation of multi-vector energy systems at the community level. He obtained the B.Eng. degrees in electrical and electronic engineering from the University of Bath, and in electrical power engineering from North China Electric Power University, both in 2014.
Dr Da Huo is interested in supervising students with research interests in:
- Whole energy systems (integrated electricity/hydrogen/thermal/transportation systems)
- AI for energy systems
- Energy systems resilience
- Energy systems cybersecurity
Dr Huo is the module leader of “Artificial Intelligence in Energy Systems”, and has been teaching a section of the module “Cybersecurity for Energy Systems”.
Dr Huo is a guest editor of a special issue in Energies, “Emerging Topics in Energy Infrastructure Planning Based on Energy Sharing and Energy Transition”
Management of Disaster Risk and Societal Resilience (MADIS), Co-I, 2020-2023
Articles In Journals
- Li S, Zhao P, Gu C, Huo D, Li J & Cheng S (2022) Linearizing battery degradation for health-aware vehicle energy management, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Available online 28 October 2022.
- Li S, Zhao P, Gu C, Li J, Huo D & Cheng S (2022) Aging mitigation for battery energy storage system in electric vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Available online 27 September 2022.
- Zhao P, Li S, Hu PJH, Cao Z, Gu C, Yan X, Huo D & Hernando-Gil I (2022) Two-stage co-optimization for utility-social systems with social-aware P2P trading, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, Available online 30 August 2022.
- Huo D, Santos M, Sarantakos I, Resch M, Wade N & Greenwood D (2022) A reliability-aware chance-constrained battery sizing method for Island Microgrid, Energy, 251 (July) Article No. 123978.
- Li S, Zhao P, Gu C, Huo D, Zeng X, Pei X, Cheng S & Li J (2022) Online battery-protective vehicle to grid behavior management, Energy, 243 (March) Article No. 123083.
- Sarantakos I, Zografou-Barredo NM, Huo D & Greenwood D (2021) A reliability-based method to quantify the capacity value of soft open points in distribution networks, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 36 (6) 5032-5043.
- Santos M, Huo D, Wade N, Greenwood D & Sarantakos I (2021) Reliability assessment of island multi‐energy microgrids, Energy Conversion and Economics, 2 (3) 169-182.
- Huo D, Gu C, Greenwood D, Wang Z, Zhao P & Li J (2021) Chance-constrained optimization for integrated local energy systems operation considering correlated wind generation, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 132 (November) Article No. 107153.
- Shen Y, Gu C, Xiang Y, Fu Y, Huo D, Li J & Zhao P (2021) Dynamic service restoration for integrated energy systems under seismic stress, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 13 (1) 527-536.
- Liu J, Chen X, Xiang Y, Huo D & Liu J (2021) Optimal planning and investment benefit analysis of shared energy storage for electricity retailers, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 126 Part A, Article No. 106561.
- Hu S, Xiang Y, Huo D, Jawad S & Liu J (2021) An improved deep belief network based hybrid forecasting method for wind power, Energy, 224 (June) Article No. 120185.
- Zhao P, Gu C, Cao Z, Shen Y, Teng F, Chen X, Wu C, Huo D, Xu X & Li S (2021) Data-driven multi-energy investment and management under earthquakes, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 17 (10) 6939-6950.
- Zhao P, Gu C & Huo D (2020) Coordinated risk mitigation strategy for integrated energy systems under cyber-attacks, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 35 (5) 4014-4025.
- Xiang Y, Meng J, Huo D, Xu L, Mu Y, Gu C, Hou K & Teng F (2020) Reliability-oriented optimal planning of charging stations in electricity–transportation coupled networks, IET Renewable Power Generation, 14 (18) 3690-3698.
- Yang Q, Li J, Cao W, Li S, Lin J, Huo D & He H (2020) An improved vehicle to the grid method with battery longevity management in a microgrid application, Energy, 198 (May) Article No. 117374.
- Zhao P, Gu C, Huo D, Shen Y & Hernando-Gil I (2020) Two-stage distributionally robust optimization for energy hub systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 16 (5) 3460-3469.
- Deng R, Xiang Y, Huo D, Liu Y, Huang Y, Huang C & Liu J (2020) Exploring flexibility of electric vehicle aggregators as energy reserve, Electric Power Systems Research, 184 (July) Article No. 106305.
- Huo D, Gu C, Ma K, Wei W, Xiang Y & Le Blond S (2019) Chance-constrained optimization for multienergy hub systems in a smart city, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 66 (2) 1402-1412.
- Huo D, Wei W & Le Blond S (2018) Optimisation for interconnected energy hub system with combined ground source heat pump and borehole thermal storage, Frontiers in Energy, 12 (4) 529-539.
- Huo D, Le Blond S, Gu C, Wei W & Yu D (2018) Optimal operation of interconnected energy hubs by using decomposed hybrid particle swarm and interior-point approach, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 95 (February) 36-46.
- Wei W, Gu C, Huo D, Le Blond S & Yan X (2018) Optimal borehole energy storage charging strategy in a low carbon space heat system, IEEE Access, 6 76176-76186.
- Huo D, Gu C, Yang G & Le Blond S (2017) Combined domestic demand response and energy hub optimisation with renewable generation uncertainty, Energy Procedia, 142 (December) 1985-1990.