Whitworth Scholarship Awards are aimed at students undertaking postgraduate study for a master's, PhD or EngD degree in an engineering discipline. Read more Read less
The awards are available to British, Commonwealth or European Union citizens who have excellent academic and practical skills and the qualities needed to succeed in industry.
The scholarships can be held in conjunction with other awards (except any other Whitworth Award).
At a glance
- Funding valueUp to £20,000
- Suitable for Applicants fromUK, EU
- Deadline30 Jun 2019
- Funding provider(s)Whitworth Scholarships
What it covers
- Full-time PhD study - £5,450 per year for up to 4 years (excluding industrial placements).
- MSc (1 year full-time) - £5,450.
- MSc (2 year part-time) - normally £2,500 per year.
- Part-time PhD study - the award will be paid on a reduced basis normally £2,500 per year.
Who can apply
Available to outstanding engineers, who have excellent academic and practical skills and the qualities needed to succeed in industry. They must be wishing to embark/or have already commenced on an engineering degree-level programme in any engineering discipline.
Applicants must be recent graduates who have pursued a vocational route in an engineering discipline, typically for at least two years after having left full-time education and before entering a degree-level engineering course.
Applicants must be British, Commonwealth or European Union citizens. They must also have been resident in the UK for at least three consecutive years immediately prior to undertaking study in the UK at a college of further/high education or university.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.