The Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust provides grants of between £500 and £1,300 for postgraduate study in all fields for students over 24 years of age with demonstrable financial need.Read more Read less
Founded in 1919 by the businessman and philanthropist Sir Richard Stapley (1843-1920), the Trust supports the work of mature students of proven academic merit, and in financial need, who are pursuing further degree qualifications at an institution in the UK. Applications are open to students from all countries, but applicants must be resident in the UK at the time of applying, as well as during their course of study.
At a glance
- Funding valueBetween £500 and £1,300
- Suitable for Applicants fromUK, EU, Rest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)The Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust
What it coversAll grants are made annually, and are normally between £500 and £1,300 to assist with the cost of postgraduate study.
Who can apply
In order to be eligible to apply for a grant, you must be:
- Over the age of 24 on 1 October of the proposed year of study;
- Either accepted on, or applying for, a place on a degree course in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies taken as a second degree, or accepted on, or applying for, a full- or part-time place on a master's or doctoral degree programme in any discipline, at a UK university;
- Already resident in the UK at the time of application, and resident in the UK during the course of study;
- Be facing demonstrable financial need in the academic year for which funding is applied (details about how this is calculated are in the application pack).
NB: if you are a postgraduate student, or applying for a place on a postgraduate degree course, you must hold a first or 2:1 degree from a UK institution (or its equivalent from a non-UK institution) or hold a master's degree from a UK institution, or its overseas equivalent.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
Please visit the Trust website for more information.
How to apply
Application packs are usually available from the start of January each year. The Trust encourages electronic application submissions, an application can be downloaded from the Trust website and submitted by email to email@example.com. If you do not have regular access to the internet, you are still welcome to apply; please request a printed application pack from the following address:
Clerk to the trustees
The Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust
PO Box 76132
London E8 9HE
The deadline for submissions is normally at the end of March each year, or the first 300 completed applications received, whichever comes first. Every year, the Trust receives many more applications than it can consider, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.