The Gen Foundation is a charitable trust which principally provides grants to students/researchers in food sciences and food technology.
Since 1998, funding has been awarded to over 100 people studying or researching within these fields. Successful candidates are asked to submit a report to the Trustees at the end of their studies. All potential candidates should be aware that Gen Foundation grants are one-off, non-renewable awards.
At a glance
- Funding valueGrants of between £500 and £5,000
- Suitable for Applicants fromEU, UK, Rest of World
- Deadline28 Feb 2017
- Funding provider(s)The Gen Foundation
What it covers
Small grants of between £500 and £5,000 to support students or research activities in food sciences or food technology.
Who can apply
To be eligible for a Gen Foundation Grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology; and
- Should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars or thesis writing. Such applications will not be considered.
How to apply
Visit the Gen Foundation website to download a copy of the application form and details of how to apply.